• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Overworld & Underworld

DeletedUser27062

This is more of a novel fun idea for extending the game beyond just adding chapters.
So, how about advanced city players (16,17 etc) get an option to continue their adventure on a different plane. Make chapter 20 a fork in the road where players can choose to build in the underworld, overworld or continue in the present world. Each world is on its own plane so the under and overworlds would start like brand new cities but with the appropriate matching theme. Players would be choosing to be an overworlder or underworlder.

I don't expect this to ever take off but I think it could be a lot of fun. If you were a dev on the team for creating this what would you create to make this an exciting and engaging development?

Last edited by a moderator:

defiantoneks

i appreciate any ideas that would extend past the existing space, which at some point is exhausted by higher level players. they have the coding in FOE to do this, as it includes a colony, where one building serves as the "portal" to where the new city is being developed. so if its your suggestion of over/under or a colonization effort like FOE, i'm definitely for it.

DeletedUser27062

I'm a bit confuzled here but I'm kinda following along. Lol;)
Sometimes I forget y'all don't live in my head haha. I've often imagine the other plane world's of elvenar and how the game could evolve. Perhaps I just find imagining such things a lot more fun than playing the actual game lol

sambria

Chef
Sometimes I forget y'all don't live in my head haha. I've often imagine the other plane world's of elvenar and how the game could evolve. Perhaps I just find imagining such things a lot more fun than playing the actual game lol

LOL @Eudaemonia !! Well, just gotta let reality set in eh? haha. Im following the flow of the posts, but this one just suprised me because i was so confused to start with i had o idea what i was reading. haha. It happens to the best of us @Eudaemonia !! ;)

YeFlatEarthe

I shared this exact same idea (great minds think alike) with Inno about 6 months ago. I said that Humans could be the underworld, and Elves could be the skyworld. That by all accounts you have the same opportunity and all it would require is an "elevator" building of some kind to be planted on the main level it would be a duplication of your main map, starting with approximately 9 x 25 squares of space that you would possibly unlock in the same way by continuing to explore neighbors. The elevator building would exist on both planes, and "take up space" but it would serve as the feature like when you click on the spire it would take you back to your main city or take you to the extra plane. This new plane would have the same ratio of premium expansions and would be incentive for Inno to make more money which is obviously a priority, and it would be a motivating factor to keep playing the game without thinking that the end is near and what's the point of continuing. It could function in one of two ways depending on how they wanted to go with it, buildings from your main city could go there as a reserve expansion function, or you could be restricted to only a certain collection of building types in the extra plane such as NO AW's or something along those lines, or only AW's which would be nifty. The elevator building to be donned with a much fancier name, would serve as the connecting building that would link your other buildings to the main hall.

Elocean

How about this , Just like the Spire when we click on it it takes us to that area. Why not have a Mine shaft that can be clicked on that takes you to the Under ground world? As you dig out new mine shafts aka progress the area is opened up more and more. Lots of possibilities !. Also at higher levels a fishing dock could appear on the lake / river and could allow for the user to click on a boat to take them to another location to do stuff.

Zoof

We already have portals to other places; isn't that where our guest races come from? Who's to say we can't just hop through the portal ourselves and put together a second (or more) city, with however many cities you want dependent on how many portals you want to keep in your main city?

inb4 main city's "Oops! All portals!"

Myne

Oh Wise One
We already have portals to other places; isn't that where our guest races come from? Who's to say we can't just hop through the portal ourselves and put together a second (or more) city, with however many cities you want dependent on how many portals you want to keep in your main city?

inb4 main city's "Oops! All portals!"

interesting. maybe mini games in them?

Zoof

interesting. maybe mini games in them?
Why is it that when you said that, I suddenly imagine orcish mushroom and dung-themed Bejewelled suddenly popping up in an extra tab when you click a fully leveled orc portal? I swear, this chapter's warping my fragile little mind

Or a variation of Dig Dug on a dwarven portal?

Myne

Oh Wise One
Why is it that when you said that, I suddenly imagine orcish mushroom and dung-themed Bejewelled suddenly popping up in an extra tab when you click a fully leveled orc portal? I swear, this chapter's warping my fragile little mind

Or a variation of Dig Dug on a dwarven portal?

Match 3 turds is hilarious!!