• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"P(h)unny Scenes"

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We've all seen/heard "Who's on First" and perhaps, "Why a Duck," two movie scenes build on puns of one type or another. What other's have you seen? Are they on YouTube?

I'm putting this here because SOMEBODY (who's name shall not be used as he/she questioned my ability to use and appreciate puns, LOL), and I'm, therefore going to build this ability up.

AJ

Vergazi

We've all seen/heard "Who's on First" and perhaps, "Why a Duck," two movie scenes build on puns of one type or another. What other's have you seen? Are they on YouTube?

I'm putting this here because SOMEBODY (who's name shall not be used as he/she questioned my ability to use and appreciate puns, LOL), and I'm, therefore going to build this ability up.

AJ
I wonder who could have done that. They must be a massive jerkwad if you ask me. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser20951

I'm absolute rubbish at puns, and in order to recognize them, I usually need to study the sentence a few times for it to click if the wording doesn't make sense, although I likely just attribute that to typos and most go over my head. My skill did improve in this area when I read the first dozen or so books of the Xanth series, but I couldn't continue on after a while, because the pun profusion became too much for my limited lack of enjoyment of 'em. Do feel like the brightest person to ever live when I (often accidentally) break out a pun, myself, and am only quick to pick up on "pie" jokes due to The Bloodhound Gang's song Three Point One Four, which has solidified the double meaning in my mind over the last nineteen years since its release.