• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pallets of Resources

Katwick

Cartographer
We have Squads for military encounters, but we lack an equivalent concept for negotiations.

Total Units / Squad Size = Squads
similarly we need​
Total Resources / Required Amount = Pallets

In the Spire, for example, mismatches are very common between the number of open slots and the varieties of Coins, Supplies, Orcs, and Goods that are still needed.

While it's certainly possible to click on the total Goods icon in the header, and then mentally divide to determine which guesses will be optimum:
  • Extra Slots: Double up the resource(s) with the most pallets
  • Extra Resources: Avoid the resource(s) with the least pallets
The extra clicks and the mental math are slow and error prone. The system could easily present Pallets Available rather than Resources Required, as is already the case with Squads in military encounters.

It would probably be wise to present both values, for at least few months, to ease the transition. One possible format would be:
99.9 Pallets of​
999 Resources each​

Note that the Pallets concept would be advantageous throughout the game, wherever Resoures are needed.

If there's general interest in the Pallets concept, I'll set up a properly formated poll.

Last edited:

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Katwick I don't quite follow the point of the pallets, but know that resources that start as individual figures, increase to K (Kilo - 1000s) and M (millions) as a suffix when you collect more.
I know that if I am tight on a resource, I will guess the others first, and place that resource in round 3 of spire catering once I better know where it should go.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't quite follow the point of the pallets
If I'm understanding correctly, a pallet would be equal to 1 guess in the current spire encounter.
Right now if you have 46m coins, 2m orcs, 700,000 silk and 400k mana how many guesses of each can you make? Time for a lot of math.

Pallets would do that math for you and display your resources as
10 coin
300 orc
5 silk
10 mana

or something like that. This might be a bad example because I have no idea what it costs to cater in the spire, but I think I have the concept right/.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I prefer to see the real cost!
I dunno... If I saw that I had 574,000 golems and need to send 676 per slot I feel like I'd have less information than the current nice system of seeing I have 850 pallets of golems.

The same could easily apply to goods.

Yogi Dave

Knowing how many times you can use an item in a negotiation would be very nice. Just knowing it will cost X amount of a good doesn't give the needed information for making decisions.
The drawback is not knowing how big each of those pallets represent which may also be important. Your amount of any good changes much more dynamically compared to troops and troops are only used in fighting. Goods are used for so many purposes.