• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Parts of city not visible

Venomhammer

With the last update, parts of my city are not visible. I currently run my browser at 75% zoom, if i turn it back to 100% it resolves the issue. I've cleared cache and tried it on others browsers.

DeletedUser6653

Glad to know it's not just me. I have 80% zoom.
This is from Firefox, tried another computer and browser (edge/chrome). I checked my beta city and i am not having this issue there, but my city is super tiny there.
Game version: __ v1.111.2-(903b701) (2020-08-20 09:42)
Game world: wynandor/Arendyll
Browser + version: Firefox 79.0 (also tried chrome on my laptop, same issue)
Flash Player version: n/a
Operating System: 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (tower) __
Account name: sognatore (US)
Humans or Elves: both

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
__ half of city invisible
__

Expected situation:
__ see city
__

Reproduction Steps
Set zoom to anything but 100%

Screenshots of the bug:

AtaguS

Not just you for sure, my whole fellowship is experiencing it. I tried the 100% zoom option but it doens't solve it completely. I still see parts of my city showing up as I move the screen toward them.

DeletedUser1362

I am having the same issue, changed browsers .... no joy

DeletedUser21570

I have this as well. 100% makes my city very BIG - LOL. I usually am at 67%

Azla

Started having this problem today Sinya Arda, US6, Brave Browser Win10 . I usually keep it on 50-67% so I can see whole city. 100% is awful for me. bug report.jpg

DeletedUser21777

Same here , US7 Ceravyn. Made me collect items I did not want to collect!! Moving screen towards the spire loses nearly the entire city.

DeletedUser22406

I am having the same issue at 75%. If any part of a building is out of frame the whole building disappears.

hvariidh gwendrot

i have a city on 6 worlds it's the same everywhere
map is messed up too everywhere
a couple app players seem problem free ? is this a pc problem only ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8372

I think that all of us are experiencing the same thing. I just move my city around to get to the places I need to collect my goods and coins. Yes, it's a small pain, but we can deal until they fix it. I am glad to read it's not just me.

Palavyn

I tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, Edge). Same problem. Can't see parts of the city when I'm zoomed in and scroll around. 100% is less fun for me. Please fix ASAP.

DeletedUser17677

With the last update, parts of my city are not visible. I currently run my browser at 75% zoom, if i turn it back to 100% it resolves the issue. I've cleared cache and tried it on others browsers.
Turn flash back on. HTML5 is the culprit.
Worked for me.

DeletedUser20191

Parts of my largest city were not displaying. I found this topic, which describes precisely what is going on.

Here's the thing. I have a very large city that is maxed out for squares. I need to see more than just a few buildings. I normally keep the screen out at 65-80%. So, suggesting that I zoom in is a sub optimal fix.

It was working before. It is not working now. I don't know the reasoning for introducing this undocumented feature. I hope the release engineers can roll this image back.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My (second-hand) information is this issue was reported on beta, not fixed and released to live as is. There was some *indication* or speculation that Inno's position is they do not support browser zooms other than 100%. :rolleyes:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Having the same issue in my city as well. I hate that they send updates out with the full knowledge that it is buggy. It is the main reason I quit playing beta. I was there to find bugs so they wouldn't get to live.

Edit : I also switched to flash and it is working fine again.

WisdomLake

How do you "switch to Flash?" I use Firefox and added the flash plugin, and made sure to uncheck blocking, and it did not solve the problem.