• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Password Reset Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, maybe it's happened to you, maybe not. One of my fellowship players suddenly tried to log into her account and was told that her password was wrong. No problem, you say? Hit the password reset link? Yeah, good idea! Hit....go to email....look....no password reset link. Try again, same results.

What to do? Hmmmm.... I know, go to support! Go to support...."Please log in" it says. Opps, wrong password. Hit reset link (hopefully). Alas no response in email.

She changed her email on Sept. 13th or so, she says. She got a confirmation msg and confirmed it. I contacted Inno via my support for her and told them about the problem. They told her to reset her password via the reset button. I tried again. They said they couldn't discuss the problem with me due to EU privacy rules. They added that she should just log into her personal support account and they could then help her. (Do they actually read the emails? Like most companies I think they scan, push a canned response, and go on....sigh).

Today she wandered the internet until she found a general contact link to Inno. She explained her problem and (hopefully) they will just go to her account, look at her email address, and send the needed link. Wouldn't that be sweet?

I know they have the proper address since she confirmed it. So what's the problem? She cleared her internet cache (after walking her through it), but no luck. Any ideas?

Anybody else have this king of circular problem?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yep. I had to abandon an earlier account. I didn't even lose the password, I can still log in, but am not willing to invest energy if an error is going to lock me out. I don't know if I mis-typed my email or if it was an account I just don't recall having, but they won't tell me what the email is, and I can't get the emails so I can't change the password. Since I don't have the email address, I can't even delete the account and start over with that username. The closest I got was they told me the first letter and "@gmail.com" So, more dead cities in the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I thought that when you updated your email address they immediately sent a confirmation. That appears to have been done so the "miss-typed" letter isn't the fault of my player or the confirmation would not have been sent. I suspect it's a glitch in their system that somehow records the email wrong -- with a single letter wrong -- and thus, the link between the account and the actual email is off by a single letter. I'm hoping for my fs mates sake she doesn't lose her 5 cities, especially her chapter 10 one! And whatever diamonds she has, too!.

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.