• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Peaceful and Vegan

DeletedUser

I'm just curious to know if I will be penalized for not building a delicatessen or an armory in my game. Does anyone know?

DeletedUser61

• The Delicatessen is one of several cultural buildings. You can easily work past it with smaller decoration, until something better becomes available
  • Armories ONLY increase the number of troops that you can train concurrently. If you're keeping your barracks busy most of the time, which is pretty easy to do if training troops is the LAST thing that you do at the end of each session (so you won't forget) then you'll only need an armory if you're impatient to rush into battle, which probably isn't your thing anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

• The Delicatessen is one of several cultural buildings. You can easily work past it with smaller decoration, until something better becomes available
  • Armories ONLY increase the number of troops that you can train concurrently. If you're keeping your barracks busy most of the time, which is pretty easy to do if training troops is the LAST thing that you do at the end of each session (do you won't forget) then you'll only need an armory if you're impatient to rush into battle, which probably isn't your thing anyway.
Thanks for the info and the great tip.

The short answer is yes. You can go through the game without either.

1. I have seen many people get culture from a ton of holy codexs (codices?).
  2. There are people who trade almost exclusively and do not fight battles. they negotiate them all.
Thanks for your info and time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I'm just curious to know if I will be penalized for not building a delicatessen or an armory in my game. Does anyone know?

Armories are one of the best ways to grow your score quickly, if that is at all important to you (because they use lots and lots of population and culture in the building, which adds to your score).
You don't have to use them in battle!
America and the USSR owned thousands of warheads in their nuclear armories, but never used any of them in anger :)