• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People Can't Read or What?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15500
  • Start date

DeletedUser15500

I simply don't get it. I give up on city names for I've had over 20+ variations of city names indicating or asking for help with Builder's Hut and Main Hall only. No matter what I state, people always click on a culture building. I had a high level player click on a damn culture building that was only 400 culture when right next to it is a 1200 cultural building. I even had 4 open boosts on my builders hut. I messaged the player asking why and they replied, "to keep you below me and basically to piss you off." Apparently that [-] has found competition in a game that is far from it. I think I'm gonna change my city name to "Eff Off I-D-10-T5". Nah, then I would be stooping down to their level.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll be honest, if someone isn't in my FS, and we aren't swapping visits regularly, I just buff as fast as possible without even glancing at the city names.
Yes, a quick glance only takes a second, but that increases the time it takes to do the visit by 100% which adds up over the thousands and thousands of visits.

The balance to this is that I never ever check my notifications to see who hit what as I don't care.

DeletedUser15500

I have 14 characters divided in 2 fellowships I'm currently running and I had my city name the same on each character...so I have my 2 groups and wouldn't you know, they can all read

On the mobile version, I can go through every single player's city in just 15 minutes...all 14 and I always check the help preference, I guess I'm too nice

SoggyShorts

On the mobile version, I can go through every single player's city in just 15 minutes...all 14 and I always check the help preference, I guess I'm too nice
For my fellows, of course I make that 0.5-1 second of extra effort, but for strangers on the map who don't visit me at all? Not so much.
Part of it is that I have over 200 players to visit on the map times 2 cities, and more than half of those cities have quit the game, so really it's just a waste of time.

On mobile I can also reach culture with the same thumb, so that might play a role as well when doing visits as fast as possible.

DeletedUser15500

For my fellows, of course I make that 0.5-1 second of extra effort, but for strangers on the map who don't visit me at all? Not so much.
Part of it is that I have over 200 players to visit on the map times 2 cities, and more than half of those cities have quit the game, so really it's just a waste of time.

On mobile I can also reach culture with the same thumb, so that might play a role as well when doing visits as fast as possible.
I understand fast fast fast, I have again 14 characters and...well I can help with close to 1,200 cities in just 15 minutes and I never clickie what I want for ease...but I guess speed is the excuse. Why [-] have the option to help a player when it's pointless? No need reply for I can't beat 'Em so I'll F'n join the Speed Racer Team and be selfish

DeletedUser9601

I understand fast fast fast, I have again 14 characters and...well I can help with close to 1,200 cities in just 15 minutes and I never clickie what I want for ease...but I guess speed is the excuse. Why F'n have the option to help a player when it's pointless? No need reply for I can't beat 'Em so I'll F'n join the Speed Racer Team and be selfish
Your attitude makes it seem like these clicks are actively hurting you. They're not. They're just not helping you as much as you'd like. That one person you messaged is in the way way way tiny minority. Everyone else, like @SoggyShorts says, is just doing whatever it takes to get through the visit process as quickly as possible.

SoggyShorts

I understand fast fast fast, I have again 14 characters and...well I can help with close to 1,200 cities in just 15 minutes
I'm impressed. I'm curious if you can keep that up for a couple of years.... I'm afraid I wasn't able to.

DeletedUser5800

For instance, if your culture is always over 170, and buffing a non-boosted culture item doesn't help you at all.
I'm the opposite it would take way more visits than I will ever get to get a boost. LOL
My city has been ~MAIN HALL~ for like a year and very rarely does anyone do otherwise... and if they do I go help them back in the least helpful way I can. Often times they notice that and pay attention next time... or we at least get into a vicious cycle of wasting each others time. ;)

DeletedUser3507

I average about 195% cultural boost, but my city is maxed in space.High of 235% low of 160% with no buffs.;)

And that's real difficult to do at the end of chapter 12 unless you have 30 or so extra expansions

But yes people are in a hurry to get visits done and don't read city names that show what you want.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
1 I agree with what Tedious said in his first post
2 This is such a small thing to get upset about
3 Sometimes people mis-click
4 It is possible that the person you wrote to also believes in ( 1, 2 & 3 ) and decided you were a jerk to send him a message about it and therefore replied to you in a way to annoy you as much as possible. If I was that person and saw this thread on the forum, I would be laughing quite heartily right now.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2 This is such a small thing to get upset about
1 Sometimes getting upset about the small stuff makes the big stuff a little easier to bear.
2 That's all I've got, but I wanted to follow your list format
3 15 people from a small town near my home (most of them under 18) got killed a few days ago when a semi and bus collided at highway speeds.
4 It's possible that the person who started the thread couldn't care less, but likes trolling people who have nothing better to do than complain about people who complain about small stuff. :cool:

HJK84

I've had this same problem since I began playing. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, but I get how you feel. I even made a thread about it, like you did :eek:
I have also sent a few respectful messages to neighbors, all replied back in kind.

I must be weird but I'm thankful to have nice neighbors and most of them can read :D (Now I know I'm weird) but I do take the time to read what people ask for but don't hide the buildings or I will click on what's nearest.
(Sorry @ Ashrem for the huge loss near you.)

As do I. I always try to help where required/asked.
I understand some ppl want to just go fast. I see it in such a different way, that most don't get.
I TRY to give you what you want. All I'd ask is you do the same... Kind a politeness, show of respect method of gaming.
But, expectations... it's such a terrible thing, even in real life. "expect nothing in return" is how I desperately try to live my life :)

Good luck! Change your expectations and all will be better, trust me ;)

Tauriel Dragonwood

I try to give the aid preferred but sometimes you can't, especially when Main Hall is listed but the Main Hall is being upgraded or you can't send aid to the Builder's Hut because you can't find it.

Even though I'm on a busy schedule, working and taking care of a family, I take some extra time to look for the Builder's Hut when I see a city has construction going on. This extra effort helps a fellow player when they upgrade or construct a building and want it built 10% faster.

If your Builder’s Hut gets fellows to lend a hand, workers can put up more buildings faster on land.​

DeletedUser11447

I understand fast fast fast, I have again 14 characters and...well I can help with close to 1,200 cities in just 15 minutes and I never clickie what I want for ease...but I guess speed is the excuse. Why [-] have the option to help a player when it's pointless? No need reply for I can't beat 'Em so I'll F'n join the Speed Racer Team and be selfish