• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People Can't Read or What?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15500
  • Start date

DeletedUser11447

I'll be honest: I didn't know that you could look up the help requested on the mobile app, so maybe others don't know as well. I go back and forth between mobile and pc. When I do visit my FS, I always try and click on what they request. You have to remember too, that you can only have help for BH and MH so many times before it maxs out. As for the player who told you they wanted to keep ahead of you, well yeah, that would piss me off too.....
@Ashrem, sorry for your communities lose, that's a hard one.

DeletedUser2768

I've gone to mobile for all my visits. I will try to follow what's in the city name, but the mobile version doesn't always cooperate, so I then go with my preferred list of help: builder, culture, main hall.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Many regular forum visitors know that I am chronically dissatisfied with just about everything....

that being said....

I AM JUST HAPPY TO GET VISITS!!!!! I don't care what they click because I can always use the coin to dump into the wholesaler for goods. I like the culture, but I am usually maxed, so it's all good. I think my builder is findable.

I also have trouble locating the tiny little builder's hut when someone has a city full of big builds, especially when they get into the later chapters. It would be cool if they had a way to locate the builder, highest available culture build, etc because I don't know what chapter someone was in when they received a certain culture build and I don't have the culture values of the menu cultures memorized. I usually polish the buildings that I like. I'm especially fond of the nut huts and the creepy ones.

DeletedUser5800

It would be cool if they had a way to locate the builder, highest available culture build,
This is why they should bring the app visit method to PC as it solves this problem... how hard can it be to add something they have already coded with an extra option to ENTER the city for AW donations or if you want to do it manually for the chest!? They have both systems, they should just bridge them already!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is why they should bring the app visit method to PC as it solves this problem.
Within the next six months, all the major browsers will require you to give flash permission to run every time you open or refresh the page. The current desktop code will be on its last legs at that point. Asking them to make any code changes to the desktop version now is probably pointless. I predict we will see some new art, new races, new events, but very few (if any) changes to the underlying function of the desktop version until they replace it with the HTML5 code as soon as they think they can.

DeletedUser3507

The only time I ask for builder help is when upgrading Main Hall, all others no

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There can be lots of reasons people don't click on what you want
  1. Rude - Intentionally avoiding your requests because they can
  2. Vindictive - Intentionally avoiding your requests because of some real or imagined offense you cause them
  3. Blind (some can overlap with speed reason)
    • Can't find XYZ building
    • Browser doesn't load properly/quickly so they guess what is under a hand
    • Requested name is hard to read. More precisely takes too long to read, especially when you get in a rythm
  4. Speed
    • Clicking anything they can
    • In a rhythm and reading requests takes too long
  5. Mistake - normally good but occasionally misses
For me city name requests are painful to read if your trying to be quick. Not in terms of the time to read but in terms that everyone does it different. You get codes are the front of names and back of names, some put H after B and M and some don't, some use separators and some don't, you also get word requests, some requests are out of date (requesting a culture building that they don't have anymore).

For me, the biggest contributor to me messing up someones request is a poorly written request in the town name. For those I visit often I eventually learn their quirks, for those I visit less often it comes down to luck.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
some requests are out of date (requesting a culture building that they don't have anymore).

I hate specific requests unless it is for something they have a lot of. You request "Willows" and have ten, fine that's easy to find. You request "Enar's Bordello" which was a one time special event prize, forget it, I'll be buffing that stupid Flying Boat you should have gotten rid of a year ago.
Another thing on requests:
I saw a guy in an FS I briefly belonged to that used to have a whole hierarchy of what he wanted buffed. He listed them in his name 1st - 2nd - 3rd etc. People who do that deserve to be ignored.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
If your city build requires extra care by form of daily visits and you are not seeing the ones you prefer ( whether people are going too fast, mis-clicking, etc ) ...
It's not on the visitor to sustain your city's needs. It certainly doesn't require negative feelings. We must all remember that whatever your visitor does click, it wasn't clicked on before so you're good for something free, and that my friends, is worth a nice, appreciative thank you ♥

If any of my world map neighbors are reading this: Great big thank you's to you all for your time and efforts regardless of what you hit.

DeletedUser2959

Sometimes you just have to realize that not everyone cares. It's just a fact of life. Please don't let it get under your skin. I used to get annoyed as hell too, also tried several variations of names and even went so far as to try to hide my builder's hut LOL.
In the end I said "The devil with it" and named my city Tír na nÓg .

DeletedUser3468

So let me see if I've got this right... it was a neighbor, not a Fellowship member that you sent the snarky message to? Yeah, if I'd received something like that from a neighbor, I might have responded in a similar manner just to return the snark. Or I may have been more polite and responded that, since you didn't like the help I gave - which in many cases was the only thing available to help with at the time I visited, I won't bother visiting and upsetting you any more. You may have shown that your builder (which I hope is in plan sight, because I won't spend several seconds searching for one when it's just a neighbor*, not a Fellow) had x amounts of buffs still available, but it was either not findable (see above*) or wasn't shown as available when I went through. Be grateful for whatever help you get or you may find youself getting nothing! Yes, I used to get annoyed when people kept insisting on buffing my builder - especially when I didn't have anything I was upgrading - instead of my culture - which I had a ton of in all my cities - but didn't send out angry messages asking why they hadn't read my preferences.

DeletedUser3468

Yeah, but the good thing about that, once they fill however many builders you have, they stay buffed until you do use them.

Good to know. Thanks! And since I'm doing so many upgrades lately, it doesn't bother me now! (Love being able to have level 3 builders in so many of my cities!) ;)