• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People Can't Read or What?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15500
  • Start date

DeletedUser15690

Sometimes you just have to realize that not everyone cares. It's just a fact of life. Please don't let it get under your skin. I used to get annoyed as hell too, also tried several variations of names and even went so far as to try to hide my builder's hut LOL.
In the end I said "The devil with it" and named my city Tír na nÓg .
That's a freggin awesome quote lol. My father, Zyrios (the original poster of this thread), will get a kick out of it.

DeletedUser3507

I just use excessive culture, to the point of not needing visitors, but I have a full city map to work with...
Which @SoggyShorts says I should mention..:D

Most visitors do read, some are rude, and those I tend not to visit much.
That's my method.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm frustrated by the perception that I owe anybody other than my FS anything when I do visits. I try to slow down and read in my FS. On my world map, not a chance. I look at it this way. I have 281 visits to do. 24 are FS. I visit almost every day for over 2 years. I go through my 257 map visits on my phone to speed it up. It still takes enough time even though I do it as quickly as possible on the app. I have just gotten to the point that I figure if somebody wants to get offended that I buff their highest available culture in most cases then they can enjoy their self-righteous indignation. I would simply consider them an ingrate anyway. Oh Well! I don't scrutinize what people buff in my city. I just appreciate that they visited at all :p

hvariidh gwendrot

speaking of reading things .. i was trying to read where the forum ranks are and what they are .. not really a front burner question but i was curious...and as far as who owes what on visits ....the person visiting gets gold + and the person visited would not have gotten anything otherwise so why all the fuss ? if you don't want to visit don't chillax folks

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
the person visiting gets gold + and the person visited would not have gotten anything otherwise so why all the fuss ?
I think the fussiest of the fussiness is that in lots of cases the person being visited doesn't get anything anyway. That can feel a little irritating. Like people who take pennies from the take-a-penny-put-a-penny jar, but never put anything.

DeletedUser9601

in lots of cases the person being visited doesn't get anything anyway.
But that's not really the case, right? Someone you can't visit comes to your city and polishes:
-Main Hall - you get some gold. You might not need gold, but it converts to goods or KP. So you get something.
-Builders Hut - you will eventually build something again. It might be occasionally wasted if you're building level 1 buildings for an event, or for a new residence, or something. But that's pretty rare.
-Culture - unless you get no other neighborly help, or if you're already at 170%, it is incrementally helpful to get culture boosts to ramp you up to the next level. I could see being annoyed if someone is buffing crummy culture buildings, but that's kind of on the player. Why do you still have that Mysterious Cyclone in Fairies, or something like that.

Am I missing something?

DeletedUser3507

Most of the time I get nothing, for the simple reason I stay maxed, in gold and supplies, so those I visit for gold when buying kp's are lucky to get a free visit...

DeletedUser2207

-Culture - unless you get no other neighborly help, or if you're already at 170%, it is incrementally helpful to get culture boosts to ramp you up to the next level. I could see being annoyed if someone is buffing crummy culture buildings, but that's kind of on the player. Why do you still have that Mysterious Cyclone in Fairies, or something like that.
I do get a little irritated about crummy culture getting helped, but I try to aim that irritation at INNO - they're the ones that made it so hard for visitors to determine which is the best culture to buff. And there are plenty of buildings that give crummy culture but have other benefits, like canals and event mana buildings

DeletedUser3507

That's one of the funnier parts of visits, It amusing to see people with chapter 1-3 culture when there in chapter 9.

Takes alot of people visiting to get a cultural boost for those people..:rolleyes::eek::oops:o_O;)

I keep a 160% cultural bonus without visits, and with spells I average 225% boost.
But I am an extreme case that has a full city map, and has a cultural overflow of 250k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But that's not really the case, right? Someone you can't visit comes to your city and polishes:
-Main Hall - you get some gold. You might not need gold, but it converts to goods or KP. So you get something.
-Builders Hut - you will eventually build something again. It might be occasionally wasted if you're building level 1 buildings for an event, or for a new residence, or something. But that's pretty rare.

Am I missing something?
No, but you are brushing over some things and/or minimizing them. If your culture is at 170% and you don't have EE spells on, no culture polish helps. If you do have EE on, but that's already polished, no other culture polish helps you. If you are low level, the odds are good that the times saved on a builder upgrade will overlap other things you are doing anyway and it won't help you. If it is a job that takes 5 or more hours, then either 1) it's something where you don't care when it finishes [main hall], or 2) you're probably going to schedule it overnight anyway to avoid missing production and the hour or two won't help you, and no builder buff makes any difference to you. If you're regularly capping on coins accidentally, any coins in the MH might be wasted for you.

In some of those circumstances, it's your own decision as to whether or not their buff helps you. In others, you don't really have any control over it. (If I could decide when to apply a builder buff or not, then builder buffs would be my preference, but I can't)

And if they have a larger explored area than you, and you can't help back, then you don't even get that return of supplies.

I'm not suggesting that people who don't follow instructions are bad people, I'm just saying there are lots of cases where the person's help is of no use, especially if they aren't following your request.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Most of the time I get nothing, for the simple reason I stay maxed, in gold and supplies, so those I visit for gold when buying kp's are lucky to get a free visit...

The coin is the reason I have always visited map as close to daily as possible. Why would you not want that steady stream of KP? I'm maxed on coin almost all of the time. Add all that coin from visits and I buy several KP daily from visits alone. Why would you pass that up?

DeletedUser3507

You should see my price per kp, 1.44m presently
And I do buy some daily, but jesh someone please reset my price...:(

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not that it would happen often, but I believe there was an update a few months ago that capped NH on you MH at 20 visits, so if you get 21 hits on your MH, without collecting in between, the last one gives you nothing. I haven't tested it myself, but I know that players complained about the change and that @Marindor said it was intended.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not that it would happen often, but I believe there was an update a few months ago that capped NH on you MH at 20 visits, so if you get 21 hits on your MH, without collecting in between, the last one gives you nothing. I haven't tested it myself, but I know that players complained about the change and that @Marindor said it was intended.
I confirmed it repeatedly by accident in the first few weeks.