• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

People leaving game

DeletedUser68

It's significant that you're only referencing PvP games, rather than City Builders. City Builders are all about AVOIDING crisis management, and they draw folks with a very different mindset.

There are only 9 different goods (at the moment and Granite and Copper are only needed for Dwarfish settlement buildings and the optional roads) and the relics are evenly distributed on the world map, so the trading "shortages" are strictly local. As the game matures the market will look more and more like FoE, BUT we have default trade ratios, a 3 star rating system, and a predictable sort order, so trading makes a LOT more sense than in FoE.

Additionally, the Main Halls are coin and supply capped. Buying from the Wholesaler at 1:5, to cover your shortages, is far more useful than the seldom used 1:10 pricing offered in FoE. Note that the 1:5 pricing is exactly the same as the 5x production increase from relic boosts, so if trades aren't available you can either manufacture your own non-boosted goods, OR buy from the wholesaler, depending on your preferences and your current balance of space, culture, coins, workers, supplies, goods, and military units.

DeletedUser1061

It's significant that you're only referencing PvP games, rather than City Builders. City Builders are all about AVOIDING crisis management, and they draw folks with a very different mindset.

There are only 9 different goods (at the moment and Granite and Copper are only needed for Dwarfish settlement buildings and the optional roads) and the relics are evenly distributed on the world map, so the trading "shortages" are strictly local. As the game matures the market will look more and more like FoE, BUT we have default trade ratios, a 3 star rating system, and a predictable sort order, so trading makes a LOT more sense than in FoE.

Additionally, the Main Halls are coin and supply capped. Buying from the Wholesaler at 1:5, to cover your shortages, is far more useful than the seldom used 1:10 pricing offered in FoE. Note that the 1:5 pricing is exactly the same as the 5x production increase from relic boosts, so if trades aren't available you can either manufacture your own non-boosted goods, OR buy from the wholesaler, depending on your preferences and your current balance of space, culture, coins, workers, supplies, goods, and military units.
Only WoW was made for pvp which I absolutely never do. I made stuff and in a lot of those games I was the best, and highest, crafter on the world and well sought after. So, why do you think those games are PvP? I never once had a player attack me in DDO or LOTRO and I don't think PvP was in either when I played. AC1 had pvp on or off and if off couldn't be touched unless you played on Darktide which was a cesspool of most major ganking so no sane person played there if not into heavy PvP.

LOTRO, DDO, and Everquest 2 (I never really got into EQ1 my game was AC1) was all about exploration and discovery. Building up and going to fight the monsters as a team as was Asheron's Call 1 and 2 so again, I have to ask why do you think the games I mentioned were pvp? Only WoW was the PvP centric game, or at least it became that after I left it.

"the seldom used 1:10 pricing offered in FoE." I 100% agree and if you notice that 1:10 is same age for same age too which makes it totally worthless.

DeletedUser1094

I have noticed that more and more people are leaving game, and more are soon to go as well. Myself and others have posted ideas on how to get players to stay, but as of yet, nothing is being done. I really hate to see a game ignore it's players. It is frustrating when you spend a lot of real money on a game and enjoy playing only to get to the point where the game stalls, issues arise, and you just want to quit playing. As I have said in an earlier post, I understand a game needs to make money, but things are getting out of control ! It is no longer fun to play ! Please review player posts and ideas and make it fun to play again ! Please lower costs to unlock blocks on the research tree, lower costs for manufacturing goods, training troops, and upgrading before more people leave. I would hate to see such an awesome game like this one get a bad reputation, and it is, in the gaming world Elvenar is getting a bad name and this makes me sad because it really is a beautiful, fun game. I have seen youtube posts as well as gaming site posts saying bad things about Elvenar. We love this game and would hate to leave, but it is getting to the point where we almost have no choice. And again, I really hate seeing such negative things being said about Elvenar ! Please help !!

Hello, I am new to this game and already I can understand why players leave because I am thinking about leaving after 3 days the cost of builders is nuts. First I will never spend money on these games. Secondly these games are geared to do one thing and that one thing is is to keep you spending money therefore, I have come to the point I cannot even build the trader building because i cannot buy a second builder this only pushes player right out of this game.

DeletedUser1061

Hello, I am new to this game and already I can understand why players leave because I am thinking about leaving after 3 days the cost of builders is nuts. First I will never spend money on these games. Secondly these games are geared to do one thing and that one thing is is to keep you spending money therefore, I have come to the point I cannot even build the trader building because i cannot buy a second builder this only pushes player right out of this game.
I agree but then I have to disagree because I only gather from your response impatience. This is not meant in any derogatory sense but this game is an either pay to go faster or sit back and take your time for free type of game. There are hitches that I have explained above but 2 builders is enough for me though 3 would be most awesome but I can wait. On the new world that just opened I started from scratch as a human and I got locked twice now (3rd one is coming up) in the tech tree because I could not, so early in the game, make 12k coins nor could I make the 10k coins I needed for the trader so fast so I waited until I could. I have no issues with waiting to advance on the tech tree as long as I know just waiting will be enough but later in the game no amount of waiting will help you as you need 2k magic dust and not a soul has any in your fellowship nor in your neighborhood and you have had trades up for over a week but I digress.

So, as I said before you either have money or patience but you better have a lot of one or the other to really advance in this game.

DeletedUser1094

Well Dark Alchy, I don't spend money nor will I ever. As a former FOE player I left there for similar reasons what do have is lots of time I started playing this game out of curiosity while playing another game (Pirate of Fortune) I am bored of playing not knowing at the time this Elvenar was made by Inno games but I am giving it a try. I prefer playing laid back type games because of the time I have on hand. I will play Elvenar until I get bored enough to move on but spending money on these one click bandits isn't my bag. Yeah, I call browser games one click bandits they are no different than those solt machines they give you little while they take much from us players LOL Anyway thanks for your insight.