• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

perks points

mephalia39

Looking for clues on how to get tourney perks refilled. No matter where I use them, they are not coming back. Does anyone know what percent of them return after you use them. Thank you.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@mephalia39 your fellowship tourney score will determine how much you fill them each week by scoring higher than a chest level.
So for 10 chests, you need 40,000 points as a fellowship. If you score 43,000, you accumulate 3000 points.

You need to have them levelled in the perks tab, which sets the limit for how many points you can accumulate.
1669808396144.png

In your US3 fellowship, last weeks score of 133,908 is 2,908 points higher than chest 17, so you accumulated 2,908 points, if you hadn't already reached the cap.

By clicking the green plus in the tournament tab, mages and archmages can add points.
1669808604136.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
iamthouth gave a great answer, but I thought I'd give an example.

Say your tourney archive perk level (that you check when you look at "Overview" and go to "perks") is at level 9. That means you have a total of 22,500 points you can use.

If this week in the tourney, you have 6 chests and are going for the seventh ... let's say you have 100 points toward the 7th chest and you need 5000 more points to get to the 7th chest. You can use 5000 of your 22,500 perk points to get you your 7th chest.

That means your perk points will go down to 17,500. In order to rebuild them, you'll need to add the excess points that you receive, that don't go towards a chest. So in this example, let's say you uses that 5000 points to get the 7th chest. Any points that you still receive OVER that amount will be replenished into your tourney perk points.

If you used that 5000 points to get to the 7th chest, and then others added more so that instead of at 5100, which is the level for the chest, you wound up with a score of 5300, that would mean that you returned 200 points to your perk level. ... for a total ending level of 17, 700 instead of the 17500.

I probably made that too long-winded, but you get the idea. :)

mephalia39

Math is not my best subject :( Say I had 3k points that I used to get the 10th chest, and there was only a few points added after that by members, what kind of points should be returned the following week?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Math is not my best subject :( Say I had 3k points that I used to get the 10th chest, and there was only a few points added after that by members, what kind of points should be returned the following week?

You only store the leftover points in between chests, so if you complete the 10th chest, and say your fellowship completes another 500 points of encounters after that, then you would only store those 500 points.

Zoof

Tournament Perk points are only obtained at the end of the tournament. The points you can receive is up to the points leftover from the last chest you unlocked. Spend your points freely; it all balances out in the end.

Let's go with an example taken from my own Fellowship:

1669872496601.png

That's 680 points past the last chest unlocked. If the Tournament were to end at that exact moment in time, my Fellowship would gain up to 680 points towards the Tournament Archive.

How many points you will actually gain depends on the points storage capacity and how many you already have. Clicking the
1669872624064.png
icon will reveal that information to you.

1669872652091.png

In my Fellowship's case, we'd actually receive 0 points, because our storage is already maxed out. How do you increase your storage? Upgrade your Tournament Archive perk from your Fellowship's Perk tab.

1669872754424.png

There's not really a whole lot of math involved. The actual math is in trying to figure out how your Fellowship members are contributing towards your point totals, which is outside the scope of this post.

---

EDIT: If you want to know how many points you have during the times the tournament isn't running, the answer at this point in time is: You can't. You can try making a posting about it in the Suggestions sub forum. That way, we can grow the pile of nigh-identical suggestions by one more, making it questionably harder for the devs to ignore.

Last edited:

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I have a math disability. My understanding is the few points added in tourney after that 10th chest you would get those few points added to your tourney archive UNLESS your archive doesn't have enough room to store all of the extra points.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If 3k pts was the total available in the Tourney Archives and you used them to get the 10th chest: at tourney end your Archive balance will be those 'few points added after that by members'.
If 3k pts was used out of a total of 4k points available in the tourney archives to get the 10th chest: at tourney end your Archive balance will be 1k pts plus those 'few points added after that by members'.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My understanding is the few points added in tourney after that 10th chest you would get those few points added to your tourney archive UNLESS your archive doesn't have enough room to store all of the extra points.

Simple and correct. For clarity though, it does not have to be the 10th chest, it is any chest. Same principal in spire, any points in excess of a reward point can be stored if there is space.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm assuming the OP believes "tourney perks" are the tournament points stored in the tournament archive...the archive you build up by spending perk points. Tournament points are drawn from the tournament archive and are not returned once they are applied to a chest. To refill the archive you have to go past a chest (any chest) a bit. However much you pass the last chest you completed that is added to your tournament archive...until that archive is filled. To make the archive larger you spend the perks points your fellowship earns.

So in your example you spent 3000 tourney archive points to get to the next chest. That lowered the amount of points in your tourney archive by 3000. Your members went past and collected, say, 2000 points past the last chest you completed. Your tourney archive will now have 2000 more points added. So your net loss for the week was 1000 points. Now if they went past the last chest by 4000, instead of 2000 then the 4000 would have been added to your tournament archive and you'd be 1000 points ahead for the week.

Unfortunately, though, there is a cap on how many tournament archive points you can store. That cap is set by the level of our tournament archive. Perks points are what you use to raise that archive so you can store more points. The archive points are refilled by going past a chest, starting the next one, but not finishing it.

I know many above have said all this, but sometimes a different voice is clearer to some people than other voices. The repetition, therefore, may serve a purpose.

AJ