• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived pet food as a daily prize

hvariidh gwendrot

day 3 of this poop bear event aka moon bear has a pet food as a daily prize for day 3 ... inno should fix this glitch and put the real prize up before the 24 hrs expires

Pheryll

Set Designer
They advertised this pet food in the announcements, so it is hardly a bug. I am not sure what is wrong with a pet food as, with the new bear, it can be redeemed for 18KP.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Pheryll I think the issue is that pet food appears fairly frequently as a crafting option in the Magic Academy and it is not that expensive to make in terms of the needed resources. Therefore, it seems a bit underwhelming as a daily prize in an event.

StarLoad

@Pheryll I think the issue is that pet food appears fairly frequently as a crafting option in the Magic Academy and it is not that expensive to make in terms of the needed resources. Therefore, it seems a bit underwhelming as a daily prize in an event.
How do you define "pet food appears fairly frequently as a crafting option" I have a couple of cities that I feel lucky if I see 2 a week?

Aritra

@Ed1960 How often are you wanting pet food available? 24/7?
I couldn't put a number or frequency on it, but I do see it in the academy regularly (I don't buy every time, but it is on my recurring crafts list).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Ed1960 I play in 3 worlds. I have Fire Phoenixes in each of them. I got them in the ColdFire Event earlier this year (happened in March). I can do 2 tournament rounds on a single FP feeding, so I am using 3 pet foods a week in each of these worlds.

I make pet food every time I see it. It is my #1 crafting priority. Despite using 3 a week, I have been able to build stockpiles of 20, 30, and 48 in my 3 worlds. However, I did not make it before the Coldfire event in March. There was little point since I had no pets before then which could use it. Given what I have been using each week and how much I have been able to accumulate despite this, it seems I am making it between 4 and 5 times a week.

hvariidh gwendrot

and again at best it's 9kp every 24 hrs not 18 for the so called grand prize and pet food as a daily prize ? why not a couple of relics ? lol worst daily prize every if i was inno i would be saying it was a glitch

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
lol here as well?

5% pp is such a horrible daily prize, the spire gives 4-10x that as a single prize.
so 5% pp is no prize at all.

That said, how often do we see complaints on the forum from people who schream they lack petfood, and they want/need more?
It's agreat prize for those people, and I know plenty of people who invested in today's prize.

Elvengems is elvengems whatever they post there holds no value on the game, and from beta to live changes can be made.
I believe this change was a very good one. as it's a much more desirable prize for a larger group of people that the 5% pp one.

hvariidh gwendrot

yes they keep making the prizes less and less that's a fact from 25 squads to 10 from 10 kp to 5, from a decent daily prize to pet food etc etc if someone is dying of thirst and is handed a cup full of urine they'll drink it, but it is a lesser of the choices when they remember they used to have water

michmarc

and again at best it's 9kp every 24 hrs not 18 for the so called grand prize and pet food as a daily prize ? why not a couple of relics ? lol worst daily prize every if i was inno i would be saying it was a glitch

I believe NH reward chests reset at a fixed time (4pm Pacific?) so if you activate your Bear just before that time and do some NH before the reset and some NH after the reset, you can get 6 reward chests on a single feeding.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I believe NH reward chests reset at a fixed time (4pm Pacific?) so if you activate your Bear just before that time and do some NH before the reset and some NH after the reset, you can get 6 reward chests on a single feeding.
Yes, it should work. When you do things this way, you are putting your Moon Bear on a 48 hour cycle instead of a 24 hour one. You will not get an extra knowledge points compared to a player who feeds theirs every day. But you are going to only use half as much pet food for the same benefit. However this strategy also depends on being able to be consistently logged in the game at the required time. Not all players will be able to do this.

hvariidh gwendrot

seriously how hard is it to figure out that 3 in to 24 is the same as 6 in to 48 .. and kp is free at 1 per hr so they are asking you to spend a pet food to get what is free

Pheryll

Set Designer
However this strategy also depends on being able to be consistently logged in the game at the required time. Not all players will be able to do this.

The requisite time is just under 24 hours since you did your first visits of the game day. So you can visit your fellowship, log in 23 hours later, visit your fellowship again and get 18 KP. You don't have to align it with the game day change at all.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The requisite time is just under 24 hours since you did your first visits of the game day. So you can visit your fellowship, log in 23 hours later, visit your fellowship again and get 18 KP. You don't have to align it with the game day change at all.

Which, if I understand you correctly, means you do you NH, wait 23 hrs and do it again....but then you have to wait another 23 hrs. The maximum then is 6 chests the first day, 23 hrs apart, 3 chests every day for 22/23 days? and then you can do the 6 chests in one day again. AND you have to constantly "working back" your times. Probably not really doable for many, many people as they usually sleep about the same times every day. So if they start late at night, before bed, say 11pm, do the NH, wait until 10pm the next night, do the NH, wait 23 hrs to 9pm and so forth, they will eventually get to when they wake up at, say 7am. Now they might get up an hour early or two for the next couple days so it's now 5am. The next available NH would be 4am but are they going to wake up, do the NH's? Probably not. So now they'll either change their wake up time to 5am or let it slip back to 7am more than likely. After that it's 7am, once a day, 3 chests.

In the end only the first day can you really get the 6 chests without a lot of work. Yes, you will get the chests an hour earlier each day after that but unless you want to stay up in the middle of the night, you will eventually hit you wake up limit and that, as they say, will be that.

AJ

Pheryll

Set Designer
Which, if I understand you correctly, means you do you NH, wait 23 hrs and do it again....but then you have to wait another 23 hrs. The maximum then is 6 chests the first day, 23 hrs apart, 3 chests every day for 22/23 days?

No. Just do 23 hours once, and the next one is a new 48 hour time period, which can be started 25 hours later or whenever convenient.

hvariidh gwendrot

ok i get it, so whenever you want a 18kp boost drop a pet food and then wait for a reset, you are not trying to get 18kp in a 24 hour cycle every 24 hours ... still a terrible waste of a what could have been a better daily prize

StarLoad

@Ed1960 How often are you wanting pet food available? 24/7?
I couldn't put a number or frequency on it, but I do see it in the academy regularly (I don't buy every time, but it is on my recurring crafts list).

No, I am not greedy but 2 or 3 times a week would be nice, I am down to 4 bags on one city and have not seen one in a week I bet.
Other cities I see then more regularly but in every city that I use them I can say 10-12 is my max

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
No, I am not greedy but 2 or 3 times a week would be nice, I am down to 4 bags on one city and have not seen one in a week I bet.
Other cities I see then more regularly but in every city that I use them I can say 10-12 is my max
reset your academy timer so you see all 4 recipes a day.
The average petfoot in the academy is ~6-7 a week

If you only see 2-3 recipes on average it seems to me you are checking only half or less odf the recipes a day.
This is your main issue.

To see all recipes you need to log in twice a day around the time the recipes change. so reset the timer to a point where for example a little before you go to sleep.
The you see the recipes from 6 hours before your go to sleep, the recipes when you go to sleep, en the recipes when you wake up. you only then need to time a login for recipes in the spare 6 hours

I also like to point out that this is 1 prize out of like 20 daily prizes, it's enjoyable for those that like it, and if you do not, pick one of the other ~20 prizes. there is something for everyone

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I went through a long stretch of seeing very few to no pet foods offered, and my times is set so that I see all four changes each day and have all the slots open for them most of the time (sometimes I forget to use instants to finish the last crafting item before I go to bed so it takes up one of the 3am slots...sigh). I now see pet food about once a day. I don't know if it's luck or they reset something, but I have 24 pet foods in stock and keep building them up.

So maybe it's luck. Maybe they've increased (on my world anyway) the probability of pet food showing up. I think it's just luck, but only God and the gypsies know for sure.

AJ