• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived pet food as a daily prize

Deleted User - 1178646

I went through a long stretch of seeing very few to no pet foods offered, and my times is set so that I see all four changes each day and have all the slots open for them most of the time (sometimes I forget to use instants to finish the last crafting item before I go to bed so it takes up one of the 3am slots...sigh). I now see pet food about once a day. I don't know if it's luck or they reset something, but I have 24 pet foods in stock and keep building them up.

So maybe it's luck. Maybe they've increased (on my world anyway) the probability of pet food showing up. I think it's just luck, but only God and the gypsies know for sure.

AJ

There are good days, there are bad days, but seeing enough days we all get about the same.
When you are in a hurry and need them the feeling you never get then creeps up, when you have good moments and you go on a splurge the second you hit a bad moment again it is rinse and repeat.

Since I have a steady stock of petfood and I use about 6-7 of them a week I never have this feeling, a little while back my stock dropped to 126 petfood, but including the 3 bonus petfood from yesterday my stock bounced back to 143 an all time high.
I have been monitoring my petfood since it's instroduction and especially since they changed the numbers about a year ago?
And it has always hovering around the 133 mark with very little deviation (except past 2 weeks where I really got a splurge of pet food)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
143! Until the last couple weeks I never managed to accumulate more than 15! Which meant I used them sparingly. Now, not so much. I do hope to get at least 50 for a "reserve" amount in case I really need to pump out something like troops or extra goods. Too bad you can't trade your surplus for other things others might have in abundance.

AJ

StarLoad

reset your academy timer so you see all 4 recipes a day.
The average petfoot in the academy is ~6-7 a week

If you only see 2-3 recipes on average it seems to me you are checking only half or less odf the recipes a day.
This is your main issue.

To see all recipes you need to log in twice a day around the time the recipes change. so reset the timer to a point where for example a little before you go to sleep.
The you see the recipes from 6 hours before your go to sleep, the recipes when you go to sleep, en the recipes when you wake up. you only then need to time a login for recipes in the spare 6 hours

I also like to point out that this is 1 prize out of like 20 daily prizes, it's enjoyable for those that like it, and if you do not, pick one of the other ~20 prizes. there is something for everyone
I see at least 3 of the recipes a day and many days its 4, I have the game running from 6 am until midnite most every day. I check more often than that and like ajqtrz 15 or so was the max but if I feed the fire chicken 2 or 3 times in a week I hover around 10 on Arendyll. Its not lack of play time or MA awareness its lack of petfood for the needs

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I went through a long stretch of seeing very few to no pet foods offered, and my times is set so that I see all four changes each day and have all the slots open for them most of the time (sometimes I forget to use instants to finish the last crafting item before I go to bed so it takes up one of the 3am slots...sigh).

For those who don't know it, or did not pay attention when the change was made a few months ago, all crafting items are organized into five categories and each is assigned to one of the five slots, so there is only one spot that pet food will show up in, and if someone already has a pet food or one of the other items crafting in that slot when the selection changes, then it is impossible for a pet food to show up in the next batch. The only way to have a chance for a pet food every cycle is to not have something crafting or completed in that slot when the cycle changes.

Deleted User - 1178646

For those who don't know it, or did not pay attention when the change was made a few months ago, all crafting items are organized into five categories and each is assigned to one of the five slots, so there is only one spot that pet food will show up in, and if someone already has a pet food or one of the other items crafting in that slot when the selection changes, then it is impossible for a pet food to show up in the next batch. The only way to have a chance for a pet food every cycle is to not have something crafting or completed in that slot when the cycle changes.
It looks like this change gives a bigger chance of pet food (at least when there is no conversion event running)
that said, with the big notation that it's running way to short to be sure as the influence of random is way to big.

But point well made, had not thought about that one.
I also wonder if thats the reason of the recent influx of petfood on my side,
Off course the data collection is way to short and it might be just a random fluke.

Another downside is that this event the bear conversion recipe is also in the pet food slot, lowering the chances to get it untill it's disabled again.

StarLoad

Great and since I am getting a constant flow of the conversion relics I won't get any pet food, that even if I got the Brown bear I would not be able to feed it. SO my plan to ignore the entire event makes even more sense