• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Food crafting, please

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Why do people want zero relic bonus? Because it makes tournaments and the spire almost free. Like 90% cheaper or something.

It's a crazy little experimental way to play for the ultra-bored player.* Basically, you keep your city as tiny as possible (because expansions increase catering costs) and have no wonders with 0% boost. This makes catering as cheap as possible so you see how far you can go in the tournament by using the broken formula to your advantage.

*Note: this is not an insult, I'm considering it. I just haven't decided what world to do it on.

Last edited:

qaccy

Why do people want zero relic bonus? Because it makes tournaments and the spire almost free. Like 90% cheaper or something.
From the start I haven't really been sold on the idea that upgrading your city makes the Spire (and now the Tournament) harder. Or rather, that the negatives outweigh the benefits. Or to apply my thinking to the experiment you outlined, I don't see how having a cheaper catering cost makes up for having a city with virtually no production nor bonuses.

SoggyShorts

From the start I haven't really been sold on the idea that upgrading your city makes the Spire (and now the Tournament) harder. Or rather, that the negatives outweigh the benefits.
You don't need to be sold on it, it's a proven fact.
Note though that "harder" and "upgrading" are the wrong words.

"Progress" as in completing techs increases your squad size (much like taking optional SS techs did before the change)
This results in a higher cost to cater and higher losses in combat which makes it "harder" to do the same number of encounters without running out of goods/troops.

Several players have ran the numbers for their cities and without exception progressing past the start of chapter 16 is detrimental to how much a city can sustainable complete in the tournament. There's even an online calculator from minmax that you can use to prove it yourself.

Some chapters are an exception though for example chapter 15 unlocks some 3-star units which make up for the increased squad size so going from the start of 15 to at least the frog upgrade is good.

Chapters 16 & 17 provide no such bonus and the increased training speed gained by unlocking new troop building levels does not keep pace with the increased costs. not even close.

Iyapo1

I don't see how having a cheaper catering cost makes up for having a city with virtually no production nor bonuses.
I have run into a few of these accounts. They dont seem to be funding themselves in tournaments and up the spire out of their base production. They seem to ...rely upon small donations of goods from bigger cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You don't need to be sold on it, it's a proven fact.
Note though that "harder" and "upgrading" are the wrong words.

"Progress" as in completing techs increases your squad size (much like taking optional SS techs did before the change)
This results in a higher cost to cater and higher losses in combat which makes it "harder" to do the same number of encounters without running out of goods/troops.

Yes, the jump in goods needed for catering, especially when orcs or mana are asked for, get terrible. And that is much harder to compensate for, than it is for fighters. The difficulty/squad size difference of each fight is the same for everyone in the game, so if someone can keep making enough troops each week, it is much easier to fight, than to cater, with the new system.

SoggyShorts

I have run into a few of these accounts. They dont seem to be funding themselves in tournaments and up the spire out of their base production. They seem to ...rely upon small donations of goods from bigger cities.
That would certainly help to start, but eventually, some solid event buildings and even the not-so-great traveling merchants combined with a 90%* drop in costs can bring a tweaker city ahead of a "normal" one.

*still too lazy to look up the exact number.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

How does this work? I thought the 3 primary things that determined the cost of the tournament and spire were: 1. total number of city expansions 2. total number of tech advances and 3. total number of AW levels. What part does relic bonus play in the formula?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Also, it's really hard to keep it at zero since you basically have to skip 3/9 tournaments.
So you have to do a very unusual city build which is designed to lower spire and tournament costs. But as a result, you have to skip 1/3 of the tournaments? That seems counter-productive. You would have to truly slay in the 6 tournaments you play in order to compensate for what you miss by skipping 3.

SoggyShorts

So you have to do a very unusual city build which is designed to lower spire and tournament costs. But as a result, you have to skip 1/3 of the tournaments? That seems counter-productive. You would have to truly slay in the 6 tournaments you play in order to compensate for what you miss by skipping 3.
Indeed, like I said it's a crazy experimental city. It won't make any real progress or be much fun other than to maybe dominate the tournament 6/9 weeks if you're into that. Honestly its best purpose would be to highlight how flawed the system is by having a chapter 4 or 8 city be #1 in the tournament 66% of the time.

Deleted User - 1178646

I have played a chapter 4 account in the old system. yes it could run 9/9 rounds but pre phoenix those where ruling the tournaments in 7/9 tournaments (2 out of your 9 tournamements had 20 provinces, 7 had 26 provinces unlocked)

Where people where playing the tournaments for a few hours I finished a round in like 5 min, it took me very little effort for maximum wow factor.
people where like, you do what? how little effort.. not fair!

So it's about as soggy said showing the flaws, but also quite some fun. it becomes a little harder now to be self sustaining now the moonstone sets is capped to one set. so it will take much more time to get your production up and running.

But a large fellow who likes to support the cause and offers 20K goods for it a week or so can come a long way if you negotiation cost in provincie 40 is like 56 goods.

Heymrdiedier

*Note: this is not an insult, I'm considering it. I just haven't decided what world to do it on.

Didnt take it as an insult at all. In fact without this little project i probably would have stopped playing completly. Its kinda boring to only collect stuff every 3 hours and have nothing else to do in the game. No wonders to upgrade, no point in getting diamonds from spire, or no point in doing tournament. This keeps me bussy.

Im trying 2 things at the same time now, build up a new account which is now almost in orc chapter. And have an old account who was always in orc chapter, where i'm building and trashing wonders, just to get my boost down. Not sure if that last one is one ill be able to keep up, or quit because of boredom. Because that account already placed way to many expansions to be ever considered as a border case account.

Deleted User - 1178646

As of today I decided to do the same with my mini account 1500+ T1 relics 1200 T2 and 800T3 relics to get rid of.
I made an agreement with my fellows that I would get 30 points in my boost tournaments

I started today and there are 2 main issues.
  • I have to few builders and not willing to spend diamonds so this is going to take about a year or so.
  • I have to look for wonders, not just for the kp, but for the runes lol. I need to build to level 5 and destroy golden abyss and book of secrets 74 times each. thats a lot of runescircles to fill, so my main issue will be those runeslots not the KP.
74 means round means just T1 will take about half a year to get rid of. then t2 and t3 as I lack builders and can't do it all at the same time.

Deleted User - 849192770

i still think another magical inspiration to make teleports and petfood would be great if you unlocked it in fairies mabye or orcs whenever you normally max out you boost.

SoggyShorts

Maybe it does for you, but that's not true for everyone.
That's how averages work. ;)
I haven't had pet food come up in my MA recipes for months.
That's extremely rare. Assuming "months" means 2, that would be 240 MA flips which should average 48 pet food.
To get ZERO pet foods in 240 flips would be like flipping a coin and getting heads a thousand times in a row.

Deleted User - 849192770

To get ZERO pet foods in 240 flips would be like flipping a coin and getting heads a thousand times in a row.
coins are more likely to get tails since the head is heavier (this i only if you let it roll on the table catching it solves this problem)