• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Food Factory

Zoof

I know this is a contentious chapter catered to cantankerous catfolk, but hear me out! Let's pitch this as a way to both satisfy and infuriate everyone involved with MOAR GAMEPLAY as I shall endeavor to describe below.

Details:
As a normal course of gameplay, I suggest a new and damningly huge building for the purpose of generating the oft-coveted Pet Food, which can be quietly slipped into an earlier chapter's optional research tree where nobody but us forumgoers, adventurous players, and/or newbies will ever get to see, let alone pump KP into to realize our dreams come true! To enable us to actually craft the tasty treats we toss to our taciturn toddlers pets, a number of things need to be added to the game which will hopefully boost player engagement and frustration.

1. The building in question should be large and in charge, like the Magic Academy. This encourages players to think very hard about whether or not they want such a facility to grace their already space-constrained metropolis.
2. The crafting tab for the Pet Food should clearly state what "fresh" and new ingredients should go into it. Crafting times should scale on the level of the building (if any) and how rare it should really be.
3. The ingredients gathering should make sense, encourage thoughtful grinding gameplay, and hopefully provide a steady source of Pet Food should enterprising players be willing to work play for their fun. Proposed ingredients are as follows:
3a. Bushels of Berries - Delicious, nutritious, and filling. Full of sweets that your Pet is sure to love. Collect them among the random drops around your city a-la Event Tokens, but only when an event isn't running. It allows us to all get into the habit of checking around the city every day onward to eternity!
3b. Brussels Sprouts - Nutritious, but not-so-delicious. The discarded castaways of our society, but someone has to eat them, right? Why not regift them in Neighborly Help chests? They're certainly rare enough, and may actually encourage more people reaching out to their neighbors to polish their soon-to-be-shiny culture things!
3c. Battle-Worn Boots - Your Pets need lots of fiber in their diet to keep them healthy, right? Unfortunately, new boots are tough and chewy and don't have all that much character, so they have to be collected from the desiccated corpses fallen heroes from the battlefield. Only fully vanquished troops of your own will suffice, since who-knows-what your enemies have been up to with their boots? For some reason, only barracks light melee squadrons have a chance to drop these, but that's okay! Get more use out of fighting than doing the more reasonable thing like using light ranged, or *gasp!* catering!

Pros/Benefits:
This suggestion can help improve gameplay by providing a source of scalable-but-rare Pet Food contingent on utilizing some possibly underutilized aspects of gameplay. Those including, but possibly not limited to: Exploring the outskirts of your cities (or maybe neighbors' cities!), Neighborly Help, and FIGHTING (and losing)! The building itself can be resized to encourage or discourage casual placement.

Cons/Downsides:
I'll admit, I'm unsure of what the devs really want for Pet Food, but implementing this idea would require some ridiculous amount of time and resources to actually implement, as this is a wholly new feature of the game and is probably well in excess of overkill to bring to light. An idle thought on a cloudy day, I suppose?
EDIT: Not sure how I feel about it if players start purposefully throwing those poor light melee troops into the grinder just for their boots.

Miscellaneous:
This is not a serious idea, but if it brightens the day of someone just by reading this audaciously awful article, it'll make my day too :)

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
This is not a serious idea
You never know! So far, in the war of attrition in addressing my in-game gripes, I've had far better luck fighting with Winter Lampion Repellents and Halloween Themed Vacancy Maps than trying to pass resolutions through the formal legislative process. But be careful what you ask for! The Winter Lampions are gone, but boy, has that Mystery Object Chest deflated itself in value in the process! Who thought we'd get to the day where we're lamenting the good old days of winning Winter Lampions. They literally put crappers in the rewards! *sigh*

OIM20

@crackie - Can I petition you for an Easter Egg Hunt Special Map? ;)

eta: Do you like the new phoenix buildings for the Sorceresses?

eta2: @Zoof -

Petal Tea - Flowers collected from defeating enemy Thornrose Mages make a succulent, blood-red tincture that will give your Fire Chicken an especially potent boost, but might have the random effect of removing player control of all magic units even in a manual battle.

Vapor-boiled froglegs - Despite a perpetual stir on the Witch Summoning Circle, these delicacies are obtainable only on the obverse of the 24-hour pickup. Unfortunately, you never know what day they'll be on the menu, and since they don't have much meat to them, they disappear quickly. This makes your Fainenant Frogs happy, though they're probably not too thrilled with the witches for scavenging their fallen comrades just for snacks. On the bright side, your Twilight Phoenix will love these smokey-flavored chews!

Last edited:

Zoof

eta2: @Zoof -

Petal Tea - Flowers collected from defeating enemy Thornrose Mages make a succulent, blood-red tincture that will give your Fire Chicken an especially potent boost, but might have the random effect of removing player control of all magic units even in a manual battle.

Vapor-boiled froglegs - Despite a perpetual stir on the Witch Summoning Circle, these delicacies are obtainable only on the obverse of the 24-hour pickup. Unfortunately, you never know what day they'll be on the menu, and since they don't have much meat to them, they disappear quickly. This makes your Fainenant Frogs happy, though they're probably not too thrilled with the witches for scavenging their fallen comrades just for snacks. On the bright side, your Twilight Phoenix will love these smokey-flavored chews!
Nice!

I was also thinking of the possibility of various Artisanal Pet Food maximum benefit can be experienced by feeding the correct one to the correct pet, none of which you're told until you actually try it. For example, your Tawny Trash Taker may benefit from more Battle-Worn Boots placed in their feed mix, thereby retaining that full feeling for almost twice as long! A long list of items that could be snapped up from various places in the game could be the basis of alchemizing your bespoke pet foods!

3d. Jade Knowledge Slip - Sometimes found on the ground after beating up that floaty golem thing at the top of the Spire's Laboratory, this thing contains mountains of long-forgotten knowledge. Maybe your Wise Golem could feel full longer after eating pet food with a few of these slipped in? Wait? Are you telling me you can't actually FEED your Wise Golem? Uhh... hmm. Maybe something else could get smarter with this...

3e. Red Coffee Flakes - We... we don't actually know where this stuff comes from. All we know is that a bag of this stuff pops up on your desk each time you construct and/or finish leveling up an Ancient Wonder. No idea what could benefit from NO MORE SLEEP and RED ONES GO FASTER, but perhaps anything you can feed might have a slightly sped up production pickup timer for the duration of the feed effect?

Note: I was half asleep in a semi-lucid dream state when the idea came to me. Well. The extra boots part. The additional ingredient types was all you :)

EDIT: Forgot to add that if you feed the wrong pet food to the wrong pet, it might have some disasteriffic effects, like half the feed time, or a period of time in which you become unable to feed the pet due to stomach cramps. Or something.

Last edited:
Another ingredient: Booby-Trap Barbecue

When you send troops into an easy fight, only to have them all killed because the terrain was horrendous, they leave behind a magical amulet, that when applied to the pet food factory, causes the pet food created to be multiplied by 5, in memoriam of their sacrifice.

EDIT: Not sure how I feel about it if players start purposefully throwing those poor light melee troops into the grinder just for their boots.
I have to admit that when I was reading through, I knew I would do exactly this if it were ever implemented. Send in one squad alone to die. There may be something wrong with me...

Zoof

Another ingredient: Booby-Trap Barbecue

When you send troops into an easy fight, only to have them all killed because the terrain was horrendous, they leave behind a magical amulet, that when applied to the pet food factory, causes the pet food created to be multiplied by 5, in memoriam of their sacrifice.

I have to admit that when I was reading through, I knew I would do exactly this if it were ever implemented. Send in one squad alone to die. There may be something wrong with me...
Absolutely nothing's wrong with you! It's just our inner gamer coming out to play and exploit abuse work with the new rules of the game! Additionally, it adds additional justification to add Dwarven Bulwark to our city to add the appropriate free cannon fodder troops needed. Additively.

crackie

OOooOOoo…do I even know one Easter joke, let alone enough to fill an entire map?
I snatched 4 of them, but that might be 3 more than I need. I don't train any Bud Sorceressessesses in my Barracks. They all come from my Wise Golem and my Flying Academy. Even though I bring Buddy with me to way more encounters than my Sword Dancers, Buddies are dominating all my squads from all 3 military buildings. She doesn't get targeted often, and if she does, she's one heck of a tough cookie with really high health points! If it's heavy melee or heavy range, she can dance with them all night if she keeps throwing debuffs on them. Hence, even though I mainly bring her to the upper provinces, I still don't need to replenish that many stacks. She's the best! She might be the first of my units to reach the fabled >999+ unit number. The only disappointment I have from the Voice of the Prophet building is Thiago said in the live Q&A that they give speeches and then people turn to mages. I've given many speeches on Buddy, but I don't see any turning of the tide on the love for Bud Sorceressessesses. I've only found friends in Ed and Dreamyn, maybe some mild acquaintances in some caterers who are indifferent on the matter. Clearly, I am no Prophet and just a best friend.
totes_buddies.jpg

Sword Dancers and Drone Riders though...don't train any of them either, but they're only good for the boots they wear apparently!

66nblakley

Building for the Pet food and Royal Restorations and another for Blue Prints would be good to have that does not require the Magic Academy. And also a building the produces items that the other games give you. I have one that needs cats to finish upgrading and as far as I can see there is no way of getting them. Please fix these issues as soon as possible.

OIM20

@66nblakley -
One of my fs members, MagicDomino, wished there were a pet food building. I got to thinking, and I propose that a future evolving event building gives 1 pet food per time period. (Would be nice if it was 24 hours, but I wouldn't mind 48 or even 72, if the Inno gods demanded it.) I think that anything producing pet food would be sought after. How about a building that has a squirrel graphic, storing up nuts (pet food) for the winter? That would give them a whole year to program, execute and create the graphics. (Yeah, I'm thinking long haul.) For those who want to see it sooner, they could do a bear catching a fish (pet food) and storing it. Whatcha think of this idea? I hope it hasn't been rejected in the past; I haven't seen it anyway.
This was voted for by the Community managers, but rejected by the developers.
update, while this had been rejected by the devs, I've started to hear some rumors that it may be being reconsidered, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
As for the other ideas, please read: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideas-and-suggestions-read-before-posting.27826/

@Zoof mentioned in the opening post:
Miscellaneous:
This is not a serious idea, but if it brightens the day of someone just by reading this audaciously awful article, it'll make my day too :)

I don't think the devs would agree to a BP building. They're meant to be hard to get to encourage gameplay. Same with RRs which weren't originally a part of the game - nor were teleport spells. To be fair, the devs have been very agreeable to making changes to their business model. This isn't really a "fix" thing like you claim. In order to get RRs, players will spend actual money, which helps Inno, either in the MA in place of blueprints, or to complete Tournament encounters in order to be able to open more chests.

To help us open more chests, we now have the Perks system, which allows us to store Tournament points up to the max of where the FS has upgraded that Perk. That's new (relatively), and you can store more than enough to push into extra chests past 10 to get more RRs if that's something your FS is interested in. If it's not, then it might be a good idea to look for an FS where that is a priority. I have 1 FS that likes to push for as many chests as possible, 1 FS that gets to 10 and allows everyone to stop playing Tourney once we've reached it, and 1 FS where we're banking the points so we don't have to do Tourney pushes because we only have 19 members currently. It really depends on what you're looking for as a player as to what kind of FS you'd fit best with.

For example, 1/3 of your FS' members are inactive per ElvenStats. You have a lot of beginning players, which is fine, but you can't expect to get the best rewards when only 8 of your members are playing in the Tourney. If you do decide to look for a new FS, you can find some seeking players here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.73/ and here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/ceravyn.72/.

You've only been playing on the account you've posted with here for a month or so. Elvenar is meant to be a challenging, long-term game. Part of that is conquering the Tournament (and/or the Spire) to get good prizes.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't think the devs would agree to a BP building. They're meant to be hard to get to encourage gameplay. Same with RRs which weren't originally a part of the game - nor were teleport spells. To be fair, the devs have been very agreeable to making changes to their business model. This isn't really a "fix" thing like you claim. In order to get RRs, players will spend actual money, which helps Inno, either in the MA in place of blueprints, or to complete Tournament encounters in order to be able to open more chests.

As far as restorations go, there is already a building to give rrs, albeit slowly. It's the Oracle of Fortune wonder. So I guess there is still hope for anything in this game. :)

Flashfyre

As far as restorations go, there is already a building to give rrs, albeit slowly. It's the Oracle of Fortune wonder. So I guess there is still hope for anything in this game. :)
There is also that limited edition Sorcerer's Hut (IIRC the name) that is only purchasable when you enter a new chapter; it's one of 3 offered "special" buildings to help you in your new chapter. It costs $20US by itself, or you can buy all 3 for more.

It produces 10 RRs (or a choice of other things, like 1 BP) every couple days, and expires in 15, I think. But, you can easily collect around 60 RRs combined with any you get from Tourney or crafting, which is enough to upgrade a few of your important buildings (like Moonstone or Pilgrims sets).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is also that limited edition Sorcerer's Hut (IIRC the name) that is only purchasable when you enter a new chapter; it's one of 3 offered "special" buildings to help you in your new chapter. It costs $20US by itself, or you can buy all 3 for more.

It produces 10 RRs (or a choice of other things, like 1 BP) every couple days, and expires in 15, I think. But, you can easily collect around 60 RRs combined with any you get from Tourney or crafting, which is enough to upgrade a few of your important buildings (like Moonstone or Pilgrims sets).
Thanks; I had forgotten about that one!

defiantoneks

have one that needs cats to finish upgrading and as far as I can see there is no way of getting them. Please fix these issues as soon as possible.

cats as in catalysts?
several sources:
craft in MA
Moonstone Library set
Pilgrims Forge Set
Forbidden Ruins Set
winning battles in the Spire

so depending on where you are in chapters and what you've won, you can get those.
unless my interpretation of your issue is completely off.

Zoof

Out of curiosity, even though I said this isn't a serious idea, should I be updating the original post with additional ideas that I've thought up of or have been suggested by others?

I really don't know if that's a thing people do here, and I'm embarrassed to just now think about that >.>

crackie

Out of curiosity, even though I said this isn't a serious idea, should I be updating the original post with additional ideas that I've thought up of or have been suggested by others?
Your thread. Do as you wish :)

I just won a Light Melee Battalion from the Mystery Object chest. GAH!!! I didn't know they were in there. Or maybe I did and forced myself to forget. Light Melee units for 100VV, really?? Maybe just give us their boots and save us the agony. This is now turning into The Tragedy of Winter Lampions.