• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Food

Reknar

Any other place that generates Pet Food other than the Magic Academy. Wish they reward some for the tournaments, to include the Spire. Getting tired of just winning Spell Fragments when I already have a load of them.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
LOL, I wouldn't mind pet food in place of rune pieces in the tournaments or in event builds, problem is, not everyone has 'pets' so it really wouldn't be very fair to players who are new or missed the pets. Rune pieces, as much as I hate them, are universally used by players. The same with portal profits if they are new but continue to play .. they will use them. But pet food is a harder sell. Would be great if they had a dealer that 'sold' pet food and some other little things a player might need.

DeletedUser2990

No pet food for people who have pets, tonnes of food for people who do not have any, why. Three people in my fellowship have not seen any food in months, why.

KarlD

I check my crafting recipes pretty regularly and only craft a handful of pet food a week, enough to feed my fire phoenix and brown bear. I guess if you check only twice a day you might only see 2 or 3 a week. But something must be broken if multiple folks are going months without seeing any.

DeletedUser21570

Due to this thread and the change of dedicated slots I started tracking what recipes are available to me. I am averaging seeing pet food more than once per day over the course of the last 20+ days. Over the last 24 days (including today which isn't over) I have gotten one of the pet food recipes 29 times. Now, I work from home and so am able to check all 4 available recipe change times. I also spent the diamonds to change the recipe change time to a time that works best for me. The only time I can't see it is at 3:30 a.m. while I'm sleeping but I can see what I got then before it is over when I wake up in the morning and will use time instants if I want to craft something and free up that slot.

I know that won't be everybody's experience, but I have to believe it would be incredibly poor luck to not have pet food for months.

Deleted User - 4646370

Due to this thread and the change of dedicated slots I started tracking what recipes are available to me. I am averaging seeing pet food more than once per day over the course of the last 20+ days. Over the last 24 days (including today which isn't over) I have gotten one of the pet food recipes 29 times. Now, I work from home and so am able to check all 4 available recipe change times. I also spent the diamonds to change the recipe change time to a time that works best for me. The only time I can't see it is at 3:30 a.m. while I'm sleeping but I can see what I got then before it is over when I wake up in the morning and will use time instants if I want to craft something and free up that slot.
On how many game worlds ? Checking 3-4 cycles a day in 2 game worlds I got 30 pet foods since 1.108 release, out of 157 recipes for this spot. Crowdsourcing data with other players total is 42 pet foods out of 214 recipes. So if you're playing in one game world 29 pet foods out of max. 96 recipes sounds a lot.
PS : I shared my data here. You can share your data as well.

DeletedUser21570

I have only one city - so one world. The most times I went without seeing pet food was 8 consecutive recipe cycles. However, that was immediately followed by 4 in a row and 5 out of 6 recipe slots where I had pet food. So, it may be higher than normal and I may then see a long stretch where I have a dry spell for it.

DeletedUser2959

You have a 20% lower chance of seeing Pet Food if you're crafting when the recipes reset.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You have a 20% lower chance of seeing Pet Food if you're crafting when the recipes reset.

Which means that if you want to maximize your chances of getting a pet recipe you can do three things:

1) Sync the crafting so that the changes are aligned so you can see all four groups each day. For me, as another player noted, that meant spending 50 diamonds to reset the crafting cycle to 3pm. I come on at 7am, and have 2 hours before the next cycle. I then check at 9am, and 3pm.

2) Craft all the buildings of which you can have only one. The mermaids, and other evolving buildings and the chess sets. Once you craft each of those they are no longer offered, thus freeing the slot for something else and improving the odds of getting what you want (in this case pet food).

3) Make sure you finish and collect whatever is being produced before the cycle is reset. Sometimes this means you will need to consider if using time instants is worth the extra chance or not. Again, this frees up a slot that wouldn't change if you were in the midst of crafting the item or had finished it but not collected it.

I generally see pet food at least once a day or perhaps day and 1/2. So I get about 4 - 5 per week. Since I use 3 on my phoenix for the tournament and 1 or 2 to make troops with my brown bear, I have just enough. I too would like more, but at least I seem to be able to keep up if I watch the crafting cycle as it is.

AJ

KarlD

I don't believe this is exactly true anymore. There have been some fairly recent changes to the MA. There are now 5 slots and 5 categories of recipes.
1. category = time instants only
2. category = relics + pet foods
3. category = coin instants, supplies instants, portal profits
4. category = KPs, AW KPs, rune shards, RRS
5. category = buildings only

Now there is an item from each category in the recipes. So previously there were times when I might see two pet foods or two military boost building recipes together, now that will never happen. So if you are crafting a pet food when the recipes reset there is a 100% chance that you won't see another pet food after the reset since that category will already by the represented by the pet food you are currently crafting. Similarly, if you are crafting some type of building you will not have a chance to get a UUU or other military boost recipe until you finish crafting and collect the current building. As mentioned above you may want to use time instants to complete crafting an item so you can collect it before the reset and have the opportunity to craft another item from that category after the reset.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Unless I've been confused for the last couple of months, you have a 100% lower chance if you are crafting something in the Enchantment slot, and 0% less if you are not crafting something in the Enchantment slot. Crafting an instant, relic, or summoning (building) has no effect on whether you get a pet food at the next rotation.

edit: what @KarlD said. (which is what I get for replying to a tab that's been open for a couple of hours.......)