• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Peeves About Elvenar

DeletedUser9601

Another thing to keep in mind that hasn't been mentioned. The expansion costs are basically away to force you to keep upgrading your main hall (which costs a lot of pop/culture). If you didn't upgrade your MH, your coin supplies would be less than the cost of the expansion.

DeletedUser3507

Inno love $$, I am so glad i bought mine when they were 2k diamonds, If i could buy one today here's what it would cost lmao robbery...

Screenshot_33.png
Screenshot_34.png

shimmerfly

I think of Elvenar like this:

You go to the store and buy a Twinkie. Then you pay to unwrap the Twinkie. Now you must also pay to eat the Twinkie. And if you want the 2nd Twinkie, you must pay again, but you must now fit it in your mouth sideways.

They still taste good though and you keep coming back for more. Some may even demand that the store stock more Twinkies because they've eaten all theirs too quickly and must now wait for the shelves to restock.
Oh Great now I really really want a Twinkie....Can we please have twinkies?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

You go to the store and buy a Twinkie. Then you pay to unwrap the Twinkie. Now you must also pay to eat the Twinkie. And if you want the 2nd Twinkie, you must pay again, but you must now fit it in your mouth sideways.

They still taste good though and you keep coming back for more. Some may even demand that the store stock more Twinkies because they've eaten all theirs too quickly and must now wait for the shelves to restock. :)

If it was for Ho Ho's I would be all in :D I guess I do get hooked on some of the stuff here in Elvenar the same way. Gotta have ....... Elvenar is successful with that plan so not going to change anytime soon and probably never.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Ok when you make the city grid bigger I can place my free 6 expansions I have earned, untill then notta...lmao...You forget us players that have accumulated expansions past what's presently possible...;):);):p:D

Yes, me and alot of players in FS's # 1-5 are at the 127 Expansions + the base 5 you start with for a total of 132. I hope to see the city grid expand soon....:);):)

I hope to see it soon as well! Fortunately, I am not currently affected by this form of problem...I did not have the capability of buying every single grid on the map, before fully scouting for expansions and doing research for expansions. I am just cruising..:cool:

Glad to see you around the forum though :p

The Unbeliever

My pet peeves? Well, let's see now...
- AW's are still capped at only Lv25.
While I'm a long way off from reaching the cap, can we please have Lv30 already And Lv35?
I don't want the silliness that is FoE's infinite level great buildings, but considering that the tournaments become teeth cuttingly hard the further into the game your go, (stupid forced squad size upgrades!), AND that the enemy gets massive numerical advantages, why can't our AW's keep up too?!

Which brings me too...
- Tournaments need to be redesigned from the ground up... Currently, it's just plain dumb that skipping tech tree researches is actively better vs. doing ALL the squad size techs!
Also, the enemy gets too powerful too quickly, both in numbers and more importantly, in their Lv.*'s. (ie: I'm currently in ring 7 on the map itself, and 3* units are nowhere to be seen yet, but in the tournaments, they begin showing up in the 6th province?! WTF?)
My E-world fellowship is very, very, very tournament casual simply because no one really enjoys them due to the massive drain on goods & troops... if at least the 3* enemies would wait until the 8th province to show up, it would be a bit less frustrating. (especially considering we don't even get all our basic Barracks troops unlocked to 3* until near the end of Ch.7!!)

- Fellowship MISadventures
Ugh... the nightmare that never ends, and just when you think they can't possibly get any "better", INNerf manages to prove they can make you hate these things even MOAR!

And my no.1 pet peeve?
So. Much. Endless. Clicking!:eek::eek::eek:

LayDHawk

They still taste good though and you keep coming back for more. Some may even demand that the store stock more Twinkies because they've eaten all theirs too quickly and must now wait for the shelves to restock. :)

IF nothing else, thank you for the giggle! :D

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Xelenia But we are not receiving expansions free. We are spending loads and loads of goods and supplies to get to that research and unlock it. As you advance higher in the chapters, you receive fewer and fewer expansions and everything you build gets very, very expensive. I'm not expecting to receive an expansion for free. I've spent a huge amount of goods and supplies and when I finish the research on an expansion, I would just like to build it without also having to now wait days before I can accumulate coins needed to build it. The demand for goods, supplies and coins are becoming overly excessive in the game and the events. I could save up a bundle of goods if I stop trading with my fellowship and neighbors but I don't want to do that, and I definitely can't always afford to spend diamonds.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
@Xelenia But we are not receiving expansions free. We are spending loads and loads of goods and supplies to get to that research and unlock it. As you advance higher in the chapters, you receive fewer and fewer expansions and everything you build gets very, very expensive. I'm not expecting to receive an expansion for free. I've spent a huge amount of goods and supplies and when I finish the research on an expansion, I would just like to build it without also having to now wait days before I can accumulate coins needed to build it. The demand for goods, supplies, and coins are becoming overly excessive in the game and the events. I could save up a bundle of goods if I stop trading with my fellowship and neighbors but I don't want to do that, and I definitely can't always afford to spend diamonds.

I can understand the frustration, but there are workarounds.

A. When you see you are close to opening the expansion, place some spells on your cultures to increase your culture bonus. In doing so, you will also increase the coin outputs from your residence.
B. When you receive the expansion, visit your neighbors in addition to your fellowships.
C. Do not run your t3 for perhaps that whole day...your t3s are the most costly manufacturing goods in the game...though one can beg to differ with your sentiments if you aren't making any seeds :eek:
D. If you got instants, use them. Believe it or not, I keep my coin instants for coin jams...I rarely get to use them and because I rarely get to get expansions as well, I win.win.
E. Cycle some quests, believe it or not...sometimes they are an elf saver :O

You have to understand, there are simple ways to not wait for days to place an expansion. Believe it or not, I actually play the game and know a weeeee bit about it :p As someone who has danced with the different elementals (the green lady is my favorite, she dances well), I do have an understanding of the rising increase in everything.

And I actually like this thread, it allows me to see all the pet-peeves in one place :rolleyes:

Risen Malchiah

I keep my coin instants for coin jams...I rarely get to use them and because I rarely get to get expansions as well, I win.win.
Back in the early guest races, I only really struggled for coins in the 1-2 days after placing an expansion, with occasionally being low after a few expensive items on the tech tree hitting at the same time as upgrading things. Now, with the coin rains which I have piling up, I am nearly always full on coins. And I only have 20 residences! I don't know what people with 40+ residences do with all those coins. o_O
Cycle some quests, believe it or not...sometimes they are an elf saver :O
:cool:

DeletedUser9601

I don't know what people with 40+ residences do with all those coins. o_O

:cool:

Buy 4-6KP every day.
If I told you that you could spend 5 minutes a day to increase your total KP by 25%, you'd do it in a heartbeat, right? Well, collect coins and visit all your neighbors. Even now, with my KP purchasing costs around 1.4M gold per, I can easily buy 6 a day, if I'm not doing any other building.

SassKatt

Right now my biggest pet peeve is that I am in Elementals. You're supposed to build a couple of sentient goods buildings to manufacture those goods. Since my boost is planks, I build the requested marble. Now I'm supposed to trade for the steel also needed. I have anywhere between 20-30+ pages in my trader asking for trades. EVERYBODY is asking for the platinum from steel goods, with pages of zero star trades. Is no one in US Fel making platinum???? Is anyone else encountering this?? How are you handling it?? At the moment, I broke down and am building and upgrading a steel, but geeeeeze.
Also, with that many pages, it makes it really difficult to find the regular trades, but I just sort by those goods. Maybe have a page for sentient trades and regular trades would help.

DeletedUser5521

Is no one in US Fel making platinum????
I am :)
When I started Elementals (I started Elementals in Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral all at the same time, the day it was released), it seemed there was 1 Sentient Good on each server that quickly became the "rare" good. On Felyndral, we had a hard time finding Moonstone, and Platinum was plenty. Perhaps it's the wave that the game goes through, that now those of us Platinum producers are finished with Elementals and not posting it as we were before, because we no longer need the other Sentients the way we did while working through the chapter? But I would bet if you post trades of your Moonstone with a little more than what you're asking for in Platinum, your trades will get taken. In all of my worlds I did (and still do) my trades in 3-star varieties, and many many times they were taken before I even closed my trader :p

MirandaZink

It would be nice when returning a visit that I wouldn't have to return home to re-open my Notifications to see the next person I need to visit or return a favor to for a trade. It would be nice if the notifications button went with me no matter where I was in the game.

And I wish the chat window worked better - the /who feature is still busted and that was helpful to see who in your FS was online. It's not the end of the world but it sure is handy.

I also want to say last week when the AW giving KPs got busted the developers fixed that same day. That was a super fast fix.

As far as forking out dough for expansions, if you win territories it doesn't cost you anything to place a city. If you get an expansion as part of research you do. Frankly not a biggie to me since I'm dumping millions of coins a day in the trader just to get rid of the bloody things . . . but I can see for newer players that this can get costly. You can easily replenish by visiting everyone on the map.

shimmerfly

O h I agree with this :D I have wished this every day as I go through the clicking back and forth. :p
It would be nice when returning a visit that I wouldn't have to return home to re-open my Notifications to see the next person I need to visit or return a favor to for a trade. It would be nice if the notifications button went with me no matter where I was in the game.

HJK84

Might not be pet peeves, but.... :oops:

Many minor things can be done to make the game easier and more fun for us all.
Talking about things that every single person on Forums agree upon, either by voicing their opinions about it or not.

And the next is a 2 part thing, that has a underlining statement also. That I won't publicly state.
When you don't get a reply back from someone about something. That bothers me alot.
You can also look at this for example; PM'n someone in game, or Helping, or "other" :rolleyes: