• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

piece by piece building a wonder

DeletedUser15604

ok i normally dont have to threads to post at same time lol but ..... lol.. im having the hardest time getting the pieces to build the dwarf wonders.. are there certain provinces that give these or is it all just random
thanks and game on!!
everhad

DeletedUser15604

lolol...ok thats what i thought lol.. i figured i wouldnt be so lucky to able to seek out certain ones lolol
ty so much for taking time to answer me
everhad

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Pick up broken shards during tournies.
If you have an AW with a lot of extra shards ( ie 32 GA shards ) level that AW to the next 5 level then break a bunch of shards leveling it again.
I currently have nine AWs sitting at 5 levels in anticipation of getting my Sorc AWs.

DeletedUser2768

The provinces are all random. But, if you're one of the top contributors in your fellowship or neighborhood, you get shards for that AW.

DeletedUser8946

Another thing that I did: If you have a Level 1 Wonder that has more then 20 Shards (an estimate of my own, not a concrete number), sell it and bring it back. It's a lot faster then Leveling it to 5. You should get at least eight or nine broken shards for this, more depending on how many Rune Shards you started out with. There's always a risk you won't get it back immediately, but if you've got a high number of Shards to start out with your odds are pretty good, especially if you're willing to use 10 Broken Shards to get that final Rune back in place.

DeletedUser19511

Hello, I'm a newbie so please excuse my naivete'. How do you break the shards exactly? Just so you know, I am just building up my first wonder.

DeletedUser2768

Hello, I'm a newbie so please excuse my naivete'. How do you break the shards exactly? Just so you know, I am just building up my first wonder.

It's not something you can do by choice.

When you open an AW and insert runes, some of them will break. If there is already a rune there, the one that is randomly inserted will break. The glowing runes will break when another rune is inserted.
Untitled.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
How do you break the shards exactly?
I picked a wonder that I will never build to keep. For me, that's Tome of Secrets. (Unusual choice: most players should build that one as soon as they can and keep leveling it as it can replace a workshop). So, when I need specific runes (let's use Golden Abyss as an example): I go into Tome of Secrets and start filling the rune wheel with the TOS runes. Some of those runes break, filling the broken shards bar. The broken shards bar is shared among all the AW's. When it is full, I close the TOS, go to the GA and forge a rune (it's guaranteed not to break and to fit into one of the rune slots of the wonder where it's forged). Then back to TOS. This time, I fill the rune wheel before I get a full bar of broken shards. I make a spot for it temporarily in my city and build the TOS. As soon as it finishes construction, I sell it off. Now the rune wheel is empty, so I start filling it again, breaking shards as I go. Fill the broken shards bar, go to GA, forge another rune. Rinse and repeat as needed.

DeletedUser19511

Thank you so much for the detail that explained it so well. Newbies like myself can avoid wasting so much time trying to find the info on the Wiki/Forum as they might be considered too easy to ask someone.. Maybe they should add that to the Wiki.

DeletedUser2768

@Porkadobo99 I second what @shimmerfly has said. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Many of us here have a plethora of information that we don't mind sharing with newbies.

Because of my kids, and busy schedule I don't always have a lot of time to type out a detailed explanation. I'm more than happy to elaborate, when I have the time, any time you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

DeletedUser19511

I appreciate that very much. Us very new players find it intimidating to ask questions related to the beginning of the game. Reading through what is available often times are pretty much in a general sense so it is a relief to have someone like you to guide us with the detail. People often forgot what they went through at the start.

DeletedUser8946

In this game? Not true. We all know what we went through at the beginning, fundamentally. There's almost nothing that you go through at the beginning at the game that you don't continue building on and using later on.