• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pilgrim's Manor sale

Count Rupert

Alright. Then it takes the second manor and one other building beyond the full set. In this case the forge.

Attachments

• 2022-06-07 (1).png
    2022-06-07 (1).png
    142 KB · Views: 44

Ihrlaen

With the (very) likely introduction of the Tome of Forbidden Wisdom coming to Live in the next FA, this is going to come up again, only for the Forbidden Ruins set.

It will take a [Full Set] + Forbidden Ruins + 2 others* to be able to collect a second Combining Catalyst.

*as long as 2 are different

Special note that the Magic Dragon Tamer requires 3 connections, unlike the 1 or 2 for all the other secondary buildings from either set.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
With the (very) likely introduction of the Tome of Forbidden Wisdom coming to Live in the next FA, this is going to come up again, only for the Forbidden Ruins set.
@Ihrlaen,

Oh wise master of city Tetris and completer of multiple sets without all the pieces...in light of the Tome of Forbidden Wisdom from the FA, paid for in blood and tears of coin rains, have you already gotten a solution for how to get multiple CCs out of Forbidden Ruins? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Everyone who Survived Stage 3 of July 2022 FA

Ihrlaen

@crackie Alas, no. Or rather, not any additional thought since 2022/06/25, when I confirmed to my satisfaction that it would require at 2 least buildings plus the extra Forbidden Ruins itself in order to generate CCs. Quite simply, it is less flexible than the Pilgrim's set and at this point, only those who were in the Gold league OR Silver league and managed an extra Secluded Pond from the cycle can do so. Which I was not. :confused:

Speaking of, does anyone recall which building was rewarded as the Gold reward? Silver was the Magic Dragon Tamer.

Last edited:

Ihrlaen

(Small clarification above to disambiguate the the full set from the building and to add the second way to achieve the required buildings )

Two extra pieces isn't enough - you need 3, the Forbidden Ruins building and two more (1 is assumed to be the Magic Dragon Tamer). The set is just a bit awkward to add on to.

The best you can do will be something like this:

1659301418471.png

This is what I would/will do personally if/when another piece becomes available.

Below provides better secondary productions from double Sorcerers' Feast, but it comes at the expense city-usability and planning.

1659301754594.png

Last edited:

Serena McTavish

My memory is not the best. I think i ended up in silver, but possibly gold,. Between that and the FA that followed, i picked up an extra dragon tamer and secluded pond. Then, this FA i picked up the 2nd ruins. I have it set up slightly different but similar as the top picture. Im getting full bonus on all buildings including the 2nd CC

Ihrlaen

You’re right @Serena McTavish . I forgot about the crossover for League Silver winners that picked up the Pond from normal rewards cycle of the event but where that was not enough to reach Gold. Realm specific of course for where the cutoff between Silver and Gold was.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thank you, @Ihrlaen. Personally, I still need to breathe into a bag when I see my Pilgrim’s Manor making 2x CCs and the holes it created in my layout, but your solution is still more elegant than what I came up with. I guess I am relieved I don’t have enough pieces yet to execute Forbidden Ruins 2x CC strategy. That second layout looks like I’m trying to deploy Galaga into my city to fight space aliens. Don’t invade yet, ETs. I ain’t ready for this.

Nimitz69

I am only missing Sorcerer's Feast from Forbidden Wisdom Set.
Should I build it?
Could I just do Forbidden Ruins, Secluded Pond, and one other to get the Mana Boosts from Forbidden Ruins.
Since Secluded Pond is only 1x4 I would like to included it in the 3, but it has no grades itself for more connections.
Are CC's out of the question without a full set, etc. ...

Kadhrin

I am only missing Sorcerer's Feast from Forbidden Wisdom Set.
Should I build it?
Could I just do Forbidden Ruins, Secluded Pond, and one other to get the Mana Boosts from Forbidden Ruins.
Since Secluded Pond is only 1x4 I would like to included it in the 3, but it has no grades itself for more connections.
Are CC's out of the question without a full set, etc. ...

FR + Pond + {one more} will give you the mana boosts. CCs from the Forbidden Ruins require five connections.

(Not sure if you're asking, but Sorcerer's Feast gives a pretty substantial mana amount if you have it fully connected. Example: Chapter 17 SF gives 11200 by itself, 1.5 times that with one other connection, 2.5 times that with two other connections.)