• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Player Movement is coming to US!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Now over a month has passed, and the only change is that I have 5 rows of new players to the south. I only checked about 20 of them, and not a single one finished the tutorial.

The only explanations I can think of for me (being at the edge of the world) not being moved after 5 consecutive player movements is that every time an inactive player with my boosts is deleted it is again filled with a new player before the next player movement. That or every single space that has my boosts and is closer to the middle is filled with a "protected" inactive. This could very well continue forever, making player movement virtually useless.

I'd like to suggest again, that the fix may be as simple as:
1. only delete 30 day inactives a few minutes before scheduled player movement
2. move "protected" inactives away from the middle after xx days (again ONLY do this right before a scheduled player movement)

It seems to me that whatever system is in place to move active players towards the middle should be programable in the other direction.
Check if inactive 30 days, and not "protected">
if yes, delete.
if inactive, but protected, move to closest empty hex of same boosts away from middle.
if active move to closest empty hex of same boosts towards from middle.

DeletedUser6572

Any word yet if the "moving" function is going to be enhanced? I like some of the neighbors I have around me. So I have to consider myself lucky. Most of my neighbors are inactive however, and only some of the little accounts cycle in and out. The only movement I'm seeing are the accounts that are so small they get deleted, only to be replaced by other little accounts. The same issues as many others are having.

I get a little sad, clicking on the same dead cities each day. You know what I'm saying. The players that have deleted all of their buildings. Or the ones that add "deserted" to their city name etc.

Can accounts that have been inactive for 60 days (or so) be moved outward? Or is something being worked on?

DeletedUser3707

Now over a month has passed, and the only change is that I have 5 rows of new players to the south. I only checked about 20 of them, and not a single one finished the tutorial.

The only explanations I can think of for me (being at the edge of the world) not being moved after 5 consecutive player movements is that every time an inactive player with my boosts is deleted it is again filled with a new player before the next player movement. That or every single space that has my boosts and is closer to the middle is filled with a "protected" inactive. This could very well continue forever, making player movement virtually useless.

I'd like to suggest again, that the fix may be as simple as:
1. only delete 30 day inactives a few minutes before scheduled player movement
2. move "protected" inactives away from the middle after xx days (again ONLY do this right before a scheduled player movement)

It seems to me that whatever system is in place to move active players towards the middle should be programable in the other direction.
Check if inactive 30 days, and not "protected">
if yes, delete.
if inactive, but protected, move to closest empty hex of same boosts away from middle.
if active move to closest empty hex of same boosts towards from middle.

Soggy do we even know if anyone is reading this thread since I've never seen even a moderator respond or comment?

I kept my box checked but still have the same neighbors so I guess I'm lucky, and have not been moved. I have done a lot of scouting and noticed that I am now able to see the bottom edge of the map. I have a lot of great neighbors in my greenspace but also have a lot of dead towns. As soon as they turn to gold mines a new person moved in. You can tell they're new because the City is small.

Any word yet if the "moving" function is going to be enhanced? I like some of the neighbors I have around me. So I have to consider myself lucky. Most of my neighbors are inactive however, and only some of the little accounts cycle in and out. The only movement I'm seeing are the accounts that are so small they get deleted, only to be replaced by other little accounts. The same issues as many others are having.

I get a little sad, clicking on the same dead cities each day. You know what I'm saying. The players that have deleted all of their buildings. Or the ones that add "deserted" to their city name etc.

Can accounts that have been inactive for 60 days (or so) be moved outward? Or is something being worked on?

What I've done is make a list of all the dead towns and stopped going to them. Even though they give coins I would spend all day going to each and every town. When I see a new name then I start visiting them and the trade off is good most of the time. By being discovered we can then visit and get coins and most of them make fair trades. I save the cost of the Trader Fee.

As a Fellowship Owner I make the suggestion to my members and most see the same as I do. I am happy to say we're moving up in rank and now have 18 daily active members. I owe it to the advice and suggestions of my Forum Friends. Thank you to each and every one of you.

I have a question on a different subject so I hope no one minds too much. I just started the chapter on Dwarven, got my two pieces of of track, and the granite mine. What do I have to do to supply it so it will make granite? When I click on it all I see is an upgrade tab.

Thanks

DeletedUser3602

I have a question on a different subject so I hope no one minds too much. I just started the chapter on Dwarven, got my two pieces of of track, and the granite mine. What do I have to do to supply it so it will make granite? When I click on it all I see is an upgrade tab.

Thanks

Granite is produced automatically over time from Granite Mines without the need for you to give the order. You will only need to click on the building to collect the Goods and store them in Dwarven Portal.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Granite mines are a bit like dwarven residences. Once the building is there, they will come and make "granite-coin", stopping only when their building is full. As soon as you collect it, they will start producing more.

SoggyShorts

Soggy do we even know if anyone is reading this thread since I've never seen even a moderator respond or comment?
I sure hope so. I think this one aspect of the game would enhance it so much I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. A combination of
1. Working player movement
2. A new way to motivate players (link)
Would be such an improvement to the game that they could call it Elvenar 2.0

DeletedUser188

do we even know if anyone is reading this thread since I've never seen even a moderator respond or comment?
Since the OP is @Ælfwine I am certain this thread is being read
Whether or not the devs listen to the feedback this thread will provide is a different story

DeletedUser7121

Hi, does anybody know how to be moved to a better place? I have my city in Arendyl and maybe 3 active neighbours. I would really like to have some new. I checked the 'enable moving your city' option of course. Thx in advance

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hope for good luck. I think priority of placement is going to new players in an effort to retain them. Very few of us are noticing much in the way of position improvement. It's possible, of course, that the whole map is so terrible that the movement doesn't really help.

DeletedUser7121

Hope for good luck. I think priority of placement is going to new players in an effort to retain them. Very few of us are noticing much in the way of position improvement. It's possible, of course, that the whole map is so terrible that the movement doesn't really help.

So there is little hope I guess, that's too bad... But thanks for the answer Ashrem.

DeletedUser3707

Granite is produced automatically over time from Granite Mines without the need for you to give the order. You will only need to click on the building to collect the Goods and store them in Dwarven Portal.

Granite mines are a bit like dwarven residences. Once the building is there, they will come and make "granite-coin", stopping only when their building is full. As soon as you collect it, they will start producing more.

I sure hope so. I think this one aspect of the game would enhance it so much I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. A combination of
1. Working player movement
2. A new way to motivate players (link)
Would be such an improvement to the game that they could call it Elvenar 2.0

Since the OP is @Ælfwine I am certain this thread is being read
Whether or not the devs listen to the feedback this thread will provide is a different story

Hi all!
So many good comments I quoted all of you. lol Sorry I'm just getting back here but had an emergency and ended up being admitted until yesterday. Thank you for your understanding.

While I was gone it seems there have been changes. I hope I'm not just seeing things. lol

Question:
My city view is in zoom and can anyone tell me how to get out of it??? Esc doesn't work and I don't know how it got that way. It's not that way for my other city. Also why do we get a goods bonus when visiting in Felyndral but not in Arendyll???? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

My city view is in zoom and can anyone tell me how to get out of it?
You should be able to zoom using your mouse wheel, if that's not enough, depending on your browser you can use CTRL-mousewheel, or go into settings and adjust zoom from there.

DeletedUser3707

You should be able to zoom using your mouse wheel, if that's not enough, depending on your browser you can use CTRL-mousewheel, or go into settings and adjust zoom from there.

Thank you but the mousewheel is broke and has been for awhile. I just don't understand how it went into zoom if the first place. It still is stuck

Gath Of Baal

There is also a magnification setting on the browser that you might want to check to see if it over 100%

Edit: err wait you said its only for one city so nix this idea

DeletedUser3602

Question:
My city view is in zoom and can anyone tell me how to get out of it??? Esc doesn't work and I don't know how it got that way. It's not that way for my other city. Also why do we get a goods bonus when visiting in Felyndral but not in Arendyll???? Thanks

At the bottom right of your screen there's a Settings button. If you click that a menu will open from which you can choose the zoom button. Hope that helps.
And what do you mean by "goods bonus"? If you mean the extra boosted goods you get when visiting then it's probably because you have built the Crystal Lighthouse wonder in your city in Felyndral and haven't in the one in Arendyll.
But if you mean the extra supplies you get as a reciprocal award when you visit someone that has visited you earlier, then it's either because you visited neigbors / FS members that hadn't visited you earlier in Arendyll, or something is wrong and you should put in a support ticket.

SilverbugLuxor

There are worlds where I play where I'm surrounded by a vast wasteland with no current players. And I am top ranked in others, change may be a good thing. What ever happened to clear out non users that only have a MH, builder & a few houses?

SoggyShorts

What ever happened to clear out non users that only have a MH, builder & a few houses?
Those players are still removed after 30 days, but they are immediately replaced by new players before we have a chance to be moved to those spots--this is why player movement doesn't work. (this and never removing advanced inactive players, even if they haven't played in over a year)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There are worlds where I play where I'm surrounded by a vast wasteland with no current players. And I am top ranked in others, change may be a good thing. What ever happened to clear out non users that only have a MH, builder & a few houses?
It was never just that. If they have diamonds, or if they have a "safe" city on another world, then their account isn't touched. It might help to understand they don't remove cities, they remove accounts. Sadly for other people, I created a couple of cities in other worlds so I could check out another user or their city, and those empty cities are now stuck there for as long as I am playing.

SoggyShorts

It was never just that. If they have diamonds, or if they have a "safe" city on another world, then their account isn't touched. It might help to understand they don't remove cities, they remove accounts. Sadly for other people, I created a couple of cities in other worlds so I could check out another user or their city, and those empty cities are now stuck there for as long as I am playing.
Are you sure about this? I once created an Aryndyll account, and the option to sign in on that server went away after 30 days of not signing in.
Can somone confirm that there is still a city of mine on Aryndyll?