• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

players leaving

neeronie

players are fed up with the trading distribution and imbalance that has come about due to Spire and the Moonstone Library. There is no market for sentiment goods that can be collected. My fellowship has lost a valuable member and one of my characters is in the same boat. I never see a trade offering tier 3 goods for tier 3 goods. Is there anything in the works to correct this situation?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So you want the game to restrict trades or to force people to trade, or What? I hear the complaint and agree but what should be done?
Presumably, just a simple change to make the moonstone sets give Boosted goods +1 instead of flooding every market with scrolls, Gum, and in this particular complaint, Bizmuth.
It's a 5-minute fix and should have been done about 18 months ago when Beta players told the developers that this would happen.

ET-inf3rno

players are fed up with the trading distribution and imbalance that has come about due to Spire and the Moonstone Library. There is no market for sentiment goods that can be collected. My fellowship has lost a valuable member and one of my characters is in the same boat. I never see a trade offering tier 3 goods for tier 3 goods. Is there anything in the works to correct this situation?

On Sinya it has nothing to do with the moonstone set. Some players are taking goods from the market, like shrooms, ink, platinum with 101 for 100 trades , make a shortage of these goods artificially and after that post unfair trades like 80 for 100 just for profit. I managed to break their business in the last few days, by offering more for the same goods and distributing it to people from other fellowships, but it takes a lot of effort to keep this going and it is not good to split the market this way. I hope maybe their fellowships will put pressure on them after they don't get any of these goods from the market.

I think a real solution would be hiding all unfair trades that is coming from outside the fellowship.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I managed to break their business in the last few days, by offering more for the same goods and distributing it to people from other fellowships, but it takes a lot of effort to keep this going and it is not good to split the market this way. I hope maybe their fellowships will put pressure on them after they don't get any of these goods from the market.
Bravo!!!! We should all be doing this :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
On Sinya it has nothing to do with the moonstone set. Some players are taking goods from the market, like shrooms, ink, platinum with 101 for 100 trades , make a shortage of these goods artificially and after that post unfair trades like 80 for 100 just for profit. I managed to break their business in the last few days, by offering more for the same goods and distributing it to people from other fellowships, but it takes a lot of effort to keep this going and it is not good to split the market this way. I hope maybe their fellowships will put pressure on them after they don't get any of these goods from the market.

I think a real solution would be hiding all unfair trades that is coming from outside the fellowship.

But of course real world market forces never impact this game, right. (I'll shut up now for those who have no patients for this subject ;>)

AJ

DeletedUser2959

Presumably, just a simple change to make the moonstone sets give Boosted goods +1 instead of flooding every market with scrolls, Gum, and in this particular complaint, Bizmuth.
It's a 5-minute fix and should have been done about 18 months ago when Beta players told the developers that this would happen.
It boggles the mind. How the hell did they not see this coming? Maybe introduce huge sinks for gum/scrolls/bismuth. Anything. The current situation is untenable.

SoggyShorts

It boggles the mind. How the hell did they not see this coming?
I floated a theory elsewhere: inno did it on purpose. It's a psychological trick where they get the players to band together against a common enemy: innogames.
The result is that players are actually more engaged as a group hating the developers and that gives them a sense of community which actually increases the bottom($$$) line somehow.

Does that sound crazy? Maybe, but is it more insane than not fixing the incredibly obvious issue with an astonishingly simple fix?

ET-inf3rno

It boggles the mind. How the hell did they not see this coming? Maybe introduce huge sinks for gum/scrolls/bismuth. Anything. The current situation is untenable.
All you need to do is removing some factories and build new ones too keep balance. For example I built less scrolls and more steel and dust factories. My moonstone sets produce something like 1 scrolls factory, 0.5 gum factory, 0.5 bismuth factory. Not sure if all players get these products from the sets. If so, that is really an issue. I keep them only for catalysts. Even with 10 sets I run out of them. :S

neeronie

I have seen some of this arbitrage going on in my Worlds also, with the same players buying the same goods cheap and selling high in huge quantities. I do my best to avoid those players and just put out many small fair or bonus trades for the goods.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not sure if all players get these products from the sets. If so, that is really an issue.
Yep, that's the issue. Everybody gets those same goods regardless of their boosted goods. In my crystal boosted town I have 33+million scrolls. That's in relation to 6mil crystal and 5mil silk. I still have to keep out 2 crystal factories because everyone has scrolls so it's too hard to try to trade scrolls because of the glut of scrolls in the market.
The situation with bismuth is less dire because those goods decay. But scrolls just grow. It's really tough on the scroll boosted players, too. As all players accumulate more scrolls, it's harder for them to get their trades taken, esp as they grow and need larger trade amounts.

Pikel777

I agree there needs to be some kind of “fix” to help eliminate the trader issues. There is a valid need to be able to place 3,2,1 & 0 star trades. We all know that 0 star trades are needed from time to time, especially helping newer players to grow, tournaments, spire, etc. That being said maybe devising a system to eliminate the number of “unfair” trades could help. Currently we are each allowed to place 60 trades at any given time. If 0 star trades were weighted at 6:1 then a single player could only have a maximum of 10 trades (6*10=60) at a time. This would help eliminating those players from flooding the trader with pages of 0 star trades. 3 star and 2 star are “fair” trades and could be weighted 1:1, as they currently are, and 1 star trades could be 3:1 or 4:1. Just an idea.... It does get tiring going to the trader to find nothing but 0 star trades.

SoggyShorts

If 0 star trades were weighted at 6:1 then a single player could only have a maximum of 10 trades (6*10=60) at a time. This would help eliminating those players from flooding the trader with pages of 0 star trades.
Some servers have manipulators who use an entire FS to rig the market so while this would slow them down, I don't think even 6:1 would be enough.
Maybe 20:1
I don't think anyone needs more than 3 zero star trades at a time.

Socrates28

I could not agree more. And even if a new player needs goods if the people in the FS are looking after them they can repeat the unfair trades as many times as necessary to get what they need to progress. In our FS member unfair trades do not last long at all. A restriction on Zero Star trades would certainly help.

ET-inf3rno

Some servers have manipulators who use an entire FS to rig the market so while this would slow them down, I don't think even 6:1 would be enough.
Maybe 20:1
It is possible to do it this way if you give the fellowship a quota. E.g. they can post 5 unfair trades and when they run out they can no longer post more until the already posted ones are taken or removed. I am just afraid that they will still buy all the stuff from the market and post big trades instead of many small ones.

CHANDY

I've been playing this game five years now and must say the reason my people are leaving is not the trade situation or the need to change things constantly to make room for the next arrival civilization. The spire is too costly and the tournament payoff is dumb but that's not the problem either. The problem is that the game is boring. You as a company have gotten so technical that only mathematicians and architects enjoy the game. We regular folk are bored with the flakey carnivals that are far less than Awesome, tired of spending countless hours building warriors to lose them in battles in the spire and tournaments that have a less than dismal payoff. Hey People? the name of the game is fun, this isn't fun anymore, it's become work.

ET-inf3rno

I've been playing this game five years now and must say the reason my people are leaving is not the trade situation or the need to change things constantly to make room for the next arrival civilization. The spire is too costly and the tournament payoff is dumb but that's not the problem either. The problem is that the game is boring. You as a company have gotten so technical that only mathematicians and architects enjoy the game. We regular folk are bored with the flakey carnivals that are far less than Awesome, tired of spending countless hours building warriors to lose them in battles in the spire and tournaments that have a less than dismal payoff. Hey People? the name of the game is fun, this isn't fun anymore, it's become work.
Same here, I wanted to quit maybe a year ago, I kept playing only because of the fellowship. If I would be a developer I would have no idea how to make it more interesting. I think there are too many events and guest races are boring since we have portal instants.

Hob-nob

They need to give me a guest race I want to stay in. The last few have been boring. I did not want pirates in my city. What happened to the fantasy in a fantasy builder game? They used to give us small cultural buildings with the guest races. What happened to them? Now we get one or two big ones and that's it. The smaller ones helped transform my city into the guest race being built. Now that's lost. Clearing the map for one aw shard. We get plenty of them through the tourney. How about something different? We used to have a reason to want to complete providences. Lets get that back. Say something small for every ten cleared. I don't know. Ideas? Maybe 10 diamonds or a unicorn? I loved loved loved the cliff buildings with the aw's. We haven't had a new one in ages. I realize a game has to evolve but that's no reason to throw away all the good that got me hooked on it to start with imo.