• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Playing a Parked City

StarLoad

Let me start with some basics, I parked my city (Arendyll) after completing chapter 16 first tech. Since then I have spent my time improving my city and upgrading everything possible (still a work in progress) and helping my FS in any way possible, from trades to knowledge sharing, leading in the tourney, and topping the spire. I have to save I am having more fun now that the SLOG thru chapters has stopped and my resources are growing at a significant rate in all areas so that I can help even more.

I noticed only a few drawbacks to this situation, while I once had 7 pages of very easy provinces to clear I am now down to 5.5 pages and 1.5 are now easy, so in time I will get to a point where province clearing will trend too hard and above. This only causes me concern as being parked I do not get any more expansions except, Premium
(the next one is 7,000 Diamonds) and from provinces and the number of provinces is now huge. If my math is right I will garner 2 expansions before I get to the hard ones.
A small but noticeable drawback was that my total goods from all levels including Sentients were climbing which led me to think I should cut back productions, and of course that caused my coin and supply levels to max out, which led me to think I should cut back on residence and workshops. this was a self-generated feedback loop that I realized was very dangerous and destructive, so I put the MFG back and just started to trade even more and let the stocks increase

This week was a push week for the FS and I went full stop and completed all 58 provinces to 6 rounds that were available, so that tells me I will not be running low in a tourney of provinces to use in the normal courses of play.

Are there any things I have not encountered from I high chapter parked city? Are there any undiscovered bonuses I have yet to find?

Ed

Nerwa

I'm only a low/mid-chapter park-er/glacial grower, but there are a couple things that caught my eye in your post.

Upgrades, research, scouting/clearing provinces, & such-like: Once I get all productions (supplies/goods/pop/troops/whatever) balanced (aka "get settled into the chapter" or "cruise control-mode") I try to only do those during events, to get quest-credit for them. Even at chapter 7 I could comfortably make the upgrades last for a year if I wanted to without any stress. I leave a lot of the "optional" research items (mostly city expansions & squad size upgrades) unactivated as well - good in pinch for quests.

Excessive production: Yeah, your stockpile grows shockingly fast when you are parked. Whether to keep a bunch of stuff out & over-produce or store stuff & streamline or stay somewhere in between seems to be a matter of personal preference. You should be growing a stash of Teleports, so you might experiment with leaning down. I find that if you cut back in a balanced fashion you can still over-produce but gain a lot of city-space. Pre-FA is an ideal time to scale back, and then live with the cutbacks for a few weeks. As long as you've only stored buildings it's reversible.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am only parked because I am stuck waiting for chapter 20 to be added. lol

But then, from about chapter 14 and up, which is where I caught up to the game, I have been involuntarily parked for 2 or 3 months at a time.

That time is definitely when things get rearranged and everything brought up to max level and ready for the next chapter. I can't really compare what it was like when I finished chapter 14 compared to now, because so much in the game has changed over the past 3+ years since when chapter 14 was the final chapter.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I honestly think the concept of parking a city at the end of ch 15/start of ch 16 might be outdated. At the time the concept started, chapters 18 and 19 did not yet exist. And there is nothing in chapters 16 and 17 which will help a combat oriented player fight better. So since there was nothing left in the game to help them, serious tournament players would either get the 3 star Frog promotion at the end of ch 15 and stop or would open ch 16 and stop.

However they started giving out 4 star unit promotions in chapter 18. Of the 3 promotions offered in ch 18, the only one I consider a top tier unit is Orc Strats. I admit that I didn't think a promotion to Orc Strats was a good enough reason to go through 3 chapters. Especially since I probably use Frogs more anyway. So I spent a few months parked at the start of ch 16. But then ch 19 was announced. It has 4 star promotions for Cerberus and Ranger. Those are my primary light melee and light range units. I feel those are worth getting so I started advancing again. Plus after a few months parked I was getting bored. It is almost certain that before I reach the end of ch 19 then ch 20 will be out. Presumably that will include 3 more unit promotions. Hopefully Priests or Blossom Mages will be included in these...

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
Let me start with some basics, I parked my city...
A small but noticeable drawback was that my total goods from all levels including Sentients were climbing which led me to think I should cut back productions, and of course that caused my coin and supply levels to max out, which led me to think I should cut back on residence and workshops. this was a self-generated feedback loop that I realized was very dangerous and destructive, so I put the MFG back and just started to trade even more and let the stocks increase

Ed
Excellent point!

InvincibleRailroad

I have recently parked my city in chapter 18, partly due to RL and partly because I really don't care to tear my city apart. I reach the top of spire weekly and have done so for quite some time. I am using this time to level up my needles, victory springs and flying academy. I only auto fight, so I will also cater, trying to reach 30*6 in the tournament. I currently have:
9 level 32 marble
6 level 32 crystal
4 level 31 gem
2 level 32 platinum
2 level 32 ink
2 level 32 soap stone
6 magic WS and 25 magic residences
My current goods inventory is 28m marble, 26m crystal, 25m gems and 1m of each boosted sentient good. My plan is to cater the first 10 Provences and auto fight the next 10 to 6 stars, gradually increasing the auto fight by 5 Provences weekly to see what I can score on a weekly basis. Any suggestions?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
gradually increasing the auto fight by 5 Provences weekly
I am not sure if you can grow that fast (+5x6*), or at least sustainably. It’s a good goal, but weekly might be too fast of a pace for growth. I am currently doing ~35x6 with all fighting. My current hurdle is I am rapidly upgrading my Timewarp, but I am not making enough troops fast enough to finish the Tourney by Thurs instead of Saturday. Doing a round earlier is similar to adding more tourney provinces in that you still need to make more troops fast enough in time to go again. I’m now in a holding pattern upgrading my Simia to make up for it. I’ve gotten 20+ upgrades on my Simia and it’s getting better, but still not fast enough for me to add more provinces any time soon.

Right now you have 20 provinces accounted for. The difference between Province 20 and 30 is the enemy ratio is around 1.5x at 20, but will go up to around facing ~2x your stacks at 30. Therefore, going from 25 to 30 provinces is definitely a different jump than say growing from 15 to 20 provinces. It hurts a lot more! One loss in Province 30 might cost you more in troops than what you spent in Province 1-15 combined. I would keep that in mind. So don’t be discouraged if you can’t meet your target of +5 more provinces to 6* in a week. You won’t know where you are unless you give it a try! Have that Pet Food and stash of timers on standby for Brownie…

It’s similar to being able to do full Spire weekly vs waiting for push weeks to do a run. Unless you keep trying to climb entire Spire each week, you can’t adjust your city to accommodate for the resources it needs to produce, whether it’s troops or goods. Once you accommodate for it, then doing the full Spire is no longer much of a challenge. Tourney is similar. Keep at it and tweaking your city until you build the endurance for it. :) Good luck!

StarLoad

@ed1960 ,
hmmm you have a Parked city...... ( shocking )
glad to know its ok for you, but not for others.
To be fair I never said you could not park your city, but I did object to you giving advice to players that had passed you by, in many chapters. This skewed your PoV as your benefits would not be the same as others 4-5 or more chapters past you.

I do not try to tell player how to play in chapters 16 and up for that very reason.

This thread is about what happens when you park at a specific point and DO NOT EVER plan to move forward. I am very happy here and I will stay here.

Ed

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am planning to park for at least 6 months when I get to chapter 18. I still have 6 techs to go in 17 and then I'll have to do the first one in 18 before I can park. After that, I'll just build wonders up, rearrange city, tourney, spire, etc. I'm very much looking forward to it. I've never hated a guest race as much as I do chapter 17. The six techs I have left will no doubt take me 2 weeks each, just getting the guest race goods together. I should be free from this purgatory by Thanksgiving, and enjoy my Christmas parked and F-R-E-E.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am planning to park for at least 6 months when I get to chapter 18.
18 is a much more fun chapter than 17. It is easier to manage the guest race buildings since the primary build times are a 4 hour item and an 8 hour item. And the front part of the chapter moves relatively quickly. In fact, after the slog of ch 17 the first part of 18 seems like you are moving lightening fast! Guest race requirements are getting significantly higher in the last third of the chapter so things have slowed down quite a bit. But still much more enjoyable than 17!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
18 is a much more fun chapter than 17. It is easier to manage the guest race buildings since the primary build times are a 4 hour item and an 8 hour item. And the front part of the chapter moves relatively quickly. In fact, after the slog of ch 17 the first part of 18 seems like you are moving lightening fast! Guest race requirements are getting significantly higher in the last third of the chapter so things have slowed down quite a bit. But still much more enjoyable than 17!
Thanks, Henroo; that gives me a little hope. :)

Gkyr

Chef
Let me start with some basics, I parked my city (Arendyll) after completing chapter 16 first tech. Since then I have spent my time improving my city and upgrading everything possible (still a work in progress) and helping my FS in any way possible, from trades to knowledge sharing, leading in the tourney, and topping the spire. I have to save I am having more fun now that the SLOG thru chapters has stopped and my resources are growing at a significant rate in all areas so that I can help even more.
Agree with you.
I am doing the same thing and at the same position as you.
The repetition of yet another guest race with yet another clever re-engineering of the guest requirements has become as boring as a movie sequel-after-sequel.
My city is 3/4 the size of yours so the ridiculous guest settlement building sizes are even more of an anathema to me. I am using the current settlement-free time to port in my backlog of carting libraries, genies and goddesses (about 25) and I am waiting at my door for RNG Publisher's Sweepstakes to appear.

I am upgraded as much as I want to be - maybe one more level on my Magic WS. I ignore my Magic Res and hope to port more of them out to inventory because my pop comes from GA and small event bldgs. I replace them using events rather than use a lot of RR on them; I save RR for other event buildings like the Bears and the like. I cut down Magic WS to four and will try going down to 1 or 2 - I have hundreds of PP spells and I hardly have time for or use EE, but will rely on both as an experiment.

The drawback will be losing Advanced Scouts perks in the next chapters. I have therefore also stalled the long province scouting times. this may cap my Tourney score but I do not care too much about numbers. I fight for the thrill of the kill. I will save province fights for event quests.

I do not see overproduction as a problem (anyone here too rich?) unless factories are tying up your tiles; I have millions of standard goods accumulated due to hoarding. I have eight sentient goods factories because I really needed them to grease my way through ch. 15. Since I do not need them anymore I may store 2 or 3 and keep some to counteract decay. I have no need for basic factories.

I am fine with 3* troops; I use them well. If I inflate them to 4*, well, Inno will inflate the opposition to 4* somewhere along the way. Where is the gain in that?

I do not know what I will ultimately do with all of my free space. @ed1960 we seem to be exploring this front together, separately. We can continue to compare notes.

Oh, and upgraded event buildings are not always worth the RR expenditure. Some give better item or significantly increased pop/cult with upgrade - some do not. I always check on elvenarchitect or scroll over the update window before making my decision.

Last edited:

Gkyr

Chef
I’m now in a holding pattern upgrading my Simia to make up for it. I’ve gotten 20+ upgrades on my Simia and it’s getting better, but still not fast enough for me to add more provinces any time soon.
Do you have and are DB and SSS leveled up? I have found that at mid-upper player level one upgrade of the Simia gives only about a 1% troop increase while DB or SSS give about 4% each depending, of course, on the underlying basics such as # of Armories and squad increases.