• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Playing in more than one world...

Salator

I am wondering what the general opinion is of players within your FS:

1. Playing in more than one world…is it a detriment to the quality of play that your fellowship receives from that player, or do you think that there is no effect on the FS at all?
  2. Is there a magic number of additional cities that a player can play in that does make their play in any given world less valuable.
  3. Are there any FSs out there that use a player’s activity in multiple cities as criteria for either accepting them or rejecting that player as a prospective member of their FS.

Just curious and would like to know everyone’s thoughts on these topics!

DeletedUser3297

On a daily basis there is not much that will keep a person in one city for more than 15 minutes at a time unless the chat is very active. So it really comes down to how much free time a person is willing to spend in this game. There is no magic number of additional cities that anyone can play, what is more important is their playstyle. If a person can visit daily, trade, upgrade, move through the tech tree in multiple worlds, than any one of those that they play is not any less valuable than the other. If a person has one or 2 "main" cities and started a third, fourth and fifth because they got techlocked in their advanced ones, then it is very likely that their newer cities hold little to no value to them and will stop playing there once they can continue to advance in their "better" cities.

Fellowships do tend to give priority to players they know, especially those who play together in multiple worlds, but again, it all comes down to how active they are.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Salator
It totally depends on the player. For some, it is an indication of how invested they are in the game, and shows dedication. For others it means they are spread too thin, and doing 24 visits in 5 cities occasionally feels too bothersome, so they don't. It's a crapshoot really.

One thing I've noticed with my 2 worlds is that if a player who is in both of my FS leaves the game, suddenly you have double the work to fill that spot.

Salator

One thing I've noticed with my 2 worlds is that if a player who is in both of my FS leaves the game, suddenly you have double the work to fill that spot.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Had not thought of that.