• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Playing the Game

66nblakley

I have a suggestion on the way the game is done... People are complaining about others putting more workshops on the site when we are doing the FA. For the little guy on the tutum pole he or she has no chance of getting anywhere without them. So I think you should separate groups by scores and how long they have been playing. Also keep in mind the type of the way stations should also be based on the samethings (score and length of time playing). Then these individuals won't feel like they have to go to such lengths.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In general the game adjusts a lot of things to the chapter you are in, with things becoming more and more costly as you move up, but productions becoming greater and greater as well. It's pretty balanced that way, I think. If I read your post right you are suggesting the same principle be applied to Fellowship Adventures it may be something they could do, but then how would you break it down on a fellowship basis? If you take the average chapter of the players in the fellowship and adjust the amount of goods needed to earn things that would work...but that's already being done on the individual level. If you adjust the amount of runs needed to complete a badge -- like 10 3 hour runs for a Carpenter badges goes to 9 3 hour runs for a carpenter if your fellowship is below a certain ranking, and 8 3 hour runs for a Carpenter badge for some group even farther down -- that might help. But then the most groups you could have would be 2 since the Statue bracelets start out with 2 48 hour runs, and if you had a "lower" amount it would be 1. After that they'd be free. sigh. In the end it might be "doable" but it would might be more work for the worth, than Inno would wish to do.

Still, I get your point. It's very hard to be competitive when you are smaller and have fewer resources. But just as in RL you have to work up to that level, so too, in Elvenar. You have to build a fellowship willing and able to compete. Changing the playing field may seem a good thing and helpful to those not as competitive at this point, but it's about the fellowship, it's leadership, it's vision, and it's determination to become a FA competitive fellowship.

So, to me, in the end, leading a fellowship that gets competitive every 3 or so FA's, is enough. To us there are just too many aspects of the game to be competitive in all of them. We would love to be so but are not willing -- or at least not YET willing -- to do so because we know it would take a lot more time and effort than we wish to spend.

AJ

66nblakley

In general the game adjusts a lot of things to the chapter you are in, with things becoming more and more costly as you move up, but productions becoming greater and greater as well. It's pretty balanced that way, I think. If I read your post right you are suggesting the same principle be applied to Fellowship Adventures it may be something they could do, but then how would you break it down on a fellowship basis? If you take the average chapter of the players in the fellowship and adjust the amount of goods needed to earn things that would work...but that's already being done on the individual level. If you adjust the amount of runs needed to complete a badge -- like 10 3 hour runs for a Carpenter badges goes to 9 3 hour runs for a carpenter if your fellowship is below a certain ranking, and 8 3 hour runs for a Carpenter badge for some group even farther down -- that might help. But then the most groups you could have would be 2 since the Statue bracelets start out with 2 48 hour runs, and if you had a "lower" amount it would be 1. After that they'd be free. sigh. In the end it might be "doable" but it would might be more work for the worth, than Inno would wish to do.

Still, I get your point. It's very hard to be competitive when you are smaller and have fewer resources. But just as in RL you have to work up to that level, so too, in Elvenar. You have to build a fellowship willing and able to compete. Changing the playing field may seem a good thing and helpful to those not as competitive at this point, but it's about the fellowship, it's leadership, it's vision, and it's determination to become a FA competitive fellowship.

So, to me, in the end, leading a fellowship that gets competitive every 3 or so FA's, is enough. To us there are just too many aspects of the game to be competitive in all of them. We would love to be so but are not willing -- or at least not YET willing -- to do so because we know it would take a lot more time and effort than we wish to spend.

AJ
I want to thank you for your reply.