• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Please allow me to introduce myself...

• Thread starter DeletedUser2961
  • Start date

DeletedUser2961

Hello all my Game name is Titanias my given name is Connie. I started playing about a week ago and have quickly become addicted. I had some frustrating days trying to register for the forum but fortunately, as you can see, I finally was able to do so.

I've been watching videos, reading the forum and learning as much as I can about Elvenar and look forward to the day when I actually know what I'm doing lol. I have a pretty good gist of the game but no strategy, I'm competitive by nature so that's a bit frustrating. So if you'll induldge me I have a few questions. Is spending 500 diamonds the only way to upgrade the builders hut and when it comes to upgrading a residence from 3-4 (it's one of the things I need to complete) when I click to upgrade it just says "research". I've researched quite a bit but can't upgrade, is there a set amount of times I need to research? Lastly how do I gain more builders?

DeletedUser2873

Hello Titanias, welcome to the game. I'll start at your first question: yes you need diamonds to upgrade the builders hut. As for the residences the research indicates that you have hit the current cap on your research tier, if you open your research menu and scroll to the right you will notice a research called Advanced Residences, these researches are used to further upgrade your specific building.

As for a strategy try to always produce troops and save your materials for upgrades, also try to only produce your boosted goods which you can see if you open your main hall and go to the Relics tab, 1 of each of the 3 catagories will be highlighted indicating that is your specific boost.

As for strategy I can only tell you a bit about mine, firstly attempt to always have your goods and workshops producing items in intervals that suit you, like if you go to bed put it on a 9 hour production, try to always put large buildings (you'll see what I'm talking about when you unlock the magic academy) at the back of your city so that it doesn't block off any crucial buildings.

If you need any further help please feel free to ask.

DeletedUser594

Join a good fellowship with at least several players near your point range. Look for one that matches your level of activity as they can range from very casual to competetive- the main differences being how often you are required to give neighborly help to your fellows and weekly growth/point minimums . Bonus points if they mention boosted goods/balanced production or something of the like so you don't get stuck waiting on goods in totally lopsided fellowship.
Don't stop building.
Look at cities of advanced players of the same race for inspiration on efficient layouts.
If you are going to fight/battle manually at all read this: http://tinyurl.com/elv-battle
and this is helpful for fighting if you like having stats http://tinyurl.com/elv-unit
If you follow the second link you will be at the elvenar wiki where you can find a ton of info.

Use the quests to build up supply/coin- they repeat on a loop. Ignore the warning, it's on a loop and it will come right back when you cycle through every time except transitional phases when you get a new questline that will replace the loop with a new loop.

Wait a week before buying the builder- sometimes a special will pop up for new players on a diamond purchase which can include a builder.
Either way the third builder is the best single purchase in the game if you spend a fair amount of time playing. It's the same cost as a large starbucks latte and is useful for as long as you play.

Keep using the forums for your questions- even if it feels like a silly question it's probably been asked by everyone including the people answering you currently.

DeletedUser2961

Thanks for replying, I did see the Advanced Residences & am at that point in research but have to complete Squad Size Upgrade 2 & then I work on that one. I'm so glad I asked (was kinda leery about asking questions on the introduction) because it was frustrating not knowing what the problem was. When it said "research" I thought I had to complete one of the boxes to upgrade. I guess I have to be patient.

I've been working diligently on my troops I'm tired of going through all my goods, money and supplies. As far as the "boosted goods" (my highlighted one is marble and at 86% but have no clue what that means. What do you mean when you said "only produce boosted goods"? I have 2 level 2 marble factories right now.

Again thanks for your help, it's great to finally get answers to some of my questions.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm so glad you mentioned fellowships, another thing I was clueless about and tried finding info about. I haven't looked to join one yet, I mean I've checked them out but was uncertain because of the things you mentioned. Obviously I want an active group one that's competitive but not cut throat with members who play daily. The "neighborly help" you speak of are you talking about goods or visiting to give help and what is the weekly growth/point minimum? I haven't read anything about them in any of the fellowships I've read which isn't too many, but I have seen mention of boosted goods/balanced production but I don't know what that means :/

I've been getting conflicting advice about adding too many factories and residences. I have 10 houses (level 3 waiting to get to advanced residences), 2 marble & planks, 1 steel and 6 workshops. The advice I got (from youtube videos) was to work on upgrading what I have, good advice? I hae been checking out established cities and am looking to emulate what I've seen. Thanks for the links, I do intend to battle I'm tired of wasting all my money & goods on negotiating.

I'm glad you mentioned ignoring the warning on the quests because I've been stuck for a few days. They're offering a special right now (4 days left) 1100 diamonds and a builder for $9.99 but what is a builder?

I'm relieved you said to ask questions no matter how silly they seem because I always fear annoying people.
Missanthropy merged stacked posts. Also, please quote tidbits, not entire posts..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

A builder is the character that builds everything in your city. When you start you have two builders and you can start making two structures, when they finish you can make two more, and on, but it means you can only be be building 2 things simultaneously.
If you get a third builder you can have 3 structures under construction and that speeds things up considerably. The special deal will apply the builder to the city in which ytou buy the deal but the diamonds you can use on any city in your account. It generally costs $9.99 to buy 1100 diamonds with no builder. You get the builder for free and that would normally be a 500 diamond cost so it's a good deal.
Right now and until you get closer to joining a fellowship you don't need to worry too much about boosted vs non boosted- you just do what you need to keep going, make whatever you need
But as you develop there are 3 goods you can make which are boosted for your city-
For instance on Winyandor you are boosted in marble, crystal, elixer and if you have other cities just look at the map and the goods that fall in the same position (north, southeast, southwest) will be your boost. As your boost grows you will begin to produce more goods in your boosted factories than could a player without the boost- eventually you can get up to 700%more goods for free when producing boosted.
--the cut to the quick advice- keep upping your boosted factories , use your non-boosted factories to keep afloat but at some point most everyone just deletes them unless they keep one for decorative reasons.
For fellowship openings you can have a look at the bottom section of the forums page entitled "game worlds"
Game Worlds
>Winayandor (or any world you are seeking)
>> fellowships seeking members or
>> members seeking fellowships where you can post what you seek

DeletedUser2873

regarding the boosted goods you may have noticed that on the map you find Relics, these are used to make magic spells to increase a buildings effeciency as well as enhance the boosted good, the more you get the further it will enhance meaning it will produce more of that certain product, the reason i said to only produce your boosted one is because you get a lot more of it than the other 2 in that section thus you can trade it for the other 2, like i could produce 14 planks, 8 steel and 5 marble at once so i decided to remove my steel and marble factories to create only planks, now im able to produce roughly 200-300 planks and trade them to more than make up for removing the other 2.

DeletedUser2961

Game Worlds
>Winayandor (or any world you are seeking)
>> fellowships seeking members or
>> members seeking fellowships where you can post what you seek[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for replying, I think I understand the boosted goods now. Mine is mables & I'm at 123% right now and have 3 marble manufactories two at level 3 & one is still at level 1 which I just got today. So for my boosted good how many factories is a good amount to have? I have 1 steel & 3 planks. I know it's been suggested to just produce my boosted goods but I've needed the other goods to complete collect relics seeing as I can't battle yet despite training non stop.

I have 2 spells that I'm not sure what to do with, whether I should use them now or not. One is a goods production boost which increases production by 50% and also increases my non boosted manufacturies for 13 hours. The other is a supply production boost which boosts production by 200% for 10 hrs. I'm not sure if I should wait to use them when my manufactories are at higher levels or use them now.

I did take advantage of the sale so I'm wondering if it's advantagous to spend 1000 on upgrading the builders hut to 4 or should I save them for things that might be more important in the future?

I'll check out the game world for a fellowship. You mentioned previously to look for members in my point range are you talking about the number under my name? How are those points accumulated and what's the advantage to looking for member in my range?

I think I understand the boosted goods now, mine is marble. I have 2 spells right now one that boosts goods production by 50% & inceases non boosted manufacturies for 13 hrs and the other is a supply production boost by 200% for 10 hrs, but I'm not sure when or how to use them. Should I wait until my boosted goods are at higher levels (I have 2 at level 3 & 1 at level 1)?

I do have 1 steel and 3 plank manufacturies but I need those goods to get relics right now since I can't battle yet :/
Missanthropy merge stacked posts.

DeletedUser68

I’ve tidied up your post. This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread but is intended, rather, to avoid future issues and the consequent warnings that we’re obliged to issue when gentle doesn't get people's attention.

Rather than posting concurrent sequential messages, we want you to simply edit your most recent post. The easiest technique is to multi-quote SNIPPETS (not the entire message which we’ve already read) that you MIGHT want to respond to, as you're reading the messages on each page, and then cull out the bits that are superfluous. The desired outcome is a single, nicely organized, easy to read post that's responsive to the various issues that have been raised during the previous several hours.

OVERLY LARGE graphics chew up a lot of bandwidth and they consequently slow down page loads. Animated gifs are simply irritating.

Our forum rules are available at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/
but multi-posting and graphics are the most common issues.
  • Embedded graphics may not be larger than 640h x 480v pixels. If it simply has to be larger, please bury it under a spoiler tag.
  • Signature block image links may not display larger than 500h x 150v pixels.
  • Animated gifs may not be displayed.
  • Material from other forums, particularly discussions about beta features that are not yet in production, are generally discouraged unless you bury them under a spoiler tag.
  • Support ticket conversations are confidential, and references thereto will be removed.
Code:
The syntax for a spoiler tag is listed as part of the general BBCODE help
that’s available under the Help tag in the lower right of all forum pages.

We also have comprehensive support for tabular data.

[SPOILER=Subject]Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.[/SPOILER]

Bury your oversized graphics, or Beta treasures, under a spoiler tag.

DeletedUser2961

Forgive me ignorance but I don't understand what you mean, have no idea what you're talking about or what I did wrong? I simply responded to the messages sent to me by clicking reply. What is it that you want me to edit? Am I asking too many questions, are my responses too long. I see now that smiles & such aren't allowed and will discontinue using them, it's a habit I've always ended messages with a smile. What "concurrent sequential messages" are you referring to? Are you talking about the message I'm replying to that's quoted and highlighted in the white box? If so I'm not intentionally adding it it just appears when I click reply, I'm not purposely qouting what the person said. Did I use material from another forum or discuss support tickets or did you just mention them as a common problem people make? I see a button under your message that says "Spoiler:Subject" that when highlighted says "click to reveal or hide spoiler" I've never seen that nor know what a spoiler is, does it give the option to not have the message sent to me to be quoted? Again please forgive my ignorance, I've been on many forums and have never had a problem although I am new to this one. I appreciate you contacting me to let me know my errors I'm just not sure I understand them.

I did edit and deleted all the quotes as well as the smiley faces, I hope that's what you were referring to "smiley face here" lol

DeletedUser68

Emojis :p and graphics are just fine, so long as they're not overly large, amd they're often quite effective.

clown.png

We have a multi-quote tool that does a wonderful job of collecting snippets as you're reading through the recent updates, OR if you've decided to compose a response to the recent points that folks have been making.

What we DON'T want is wholesale quotes of stuff that we've already read. Rather, we only want to see the key concept to which you are responding, as we can use the back reference if we want to know more about the context.

Editorially, we're after a SINGLE post, per person per session, that nicely tightens up the conversation, rather than fragmenting it.

DeletedUser2961

Ok, so when you say "we're after a SINGLE post, per person per session..." "rather than fragmenting it"(Can I include a quote in this manner if need be?) does that mean no running dialog, no follow up questions such as what's going on here with your initial comment, my response with questions, then you responded and I in turn am responding with more questions? If that's the case am I to start a new threat for every question or advice I need? OR are you saying not to include the entire quote, such as all the ones I edited out after your inital warning? "Fragmented"? Were mine fragmented if so in what context?

I mean I'm not a stupid person, quite the opposite, but again I'm not sure what my infraction(s) were, you didn't answer my question confirming or denying that you wanted the quotes edit or deleted, my understanding is that it was so I deleted them. I see now that everything you had mentioned didn't necessarily pertain to my thread (somehow I overlooked your statement "This remedial post isn’t “just” about this thread") which is where my confusion came from. but were general guidelines to follow for furture postings. Now you mention the "single post..." please clarify the meaning of this. I understand what you said (as mentioned above) but I'm not certain of my understanding of it if you know what I mean, the meaning is often lost or misinterpreted in the written word.

DeletedUser68

does that mean no running dialog, no follow up questions such as what's going on here with your initial comment, my response with questions
You're trying a bit too hard. It's an editorial consideration, not a black and white set of rules. Our concern is for FUTURE readers, a couple of months hence, who simply want something that's interesting and easy to read.
snippets.jpg

We have some EXELLENT tools for preparing messages that are clean and comprehensible, and we're encouraging folks to take full advantage of them.

DeletedUser594

I've never seen that nor know what a spoiler is

To add a "spoiler" you can click the image in the edit bar shown here in my spoiler:
respo1.jpg

respo2.png
Game Worlds
>

I did take advantage of the sale so I'm wondering if it's advantagous to spend 1000 on upgrading the builders hut to 4 or should I save them for things that might be more important in the future?

. You mentioned previously to look for members in my point range are you talking about the number under my name? How are those points accumulated and what's the advantage to looking for member in my range?

I have 2 spells right now one that boosts goods production by 50% & increases non boosted manufacturies for 13 hrs and the other is a supply production boost by 200% for 10 hrs, but I'm not sure when or how to use them.

Missanthropy merge stacked posts.
How many builders you have is entirely up to your play style. You may want to try 3 and see if you're impatient for building more quickly. I find that 3 will suffice, the 4th is nice but only if you play a lot- so maybe on your main city but it's icing on the cake, the 5th is a luxury and not always needed. You can keep 3 going all the time, 4 most of the time and 5 during intensive building periods--of course that's just my take and others will have their point of view.
The other purchase people commonly make is expansions which help when you really get stuck and can't build but are far from unlocking more.

The # showing under your avatar is your rank in that world. Your points total an be found by clicking the 3 shield icon under your avatar next to your rank or if you are in a fellowship you can click the shield icon. If you are playing a city at 2000 points you would want several players also somewhere in the 600pts-4000pt range (very rough estimate) so that you can trade. If you joined one where all the players were 20K+ then you will be sitting watching trades of 500-1000 goods zipping around. You will still get your trades closed but may feel a bit odd man out and unable to contribute. Also it's a fun course of discovery in this game that you can figure out with your teammates vs having everything sort of coming down from above.

Use the spells whenever you want/need to get more stuff- the key not to actually APPLY the spell until the goods/supplies are made and ready for pick up. Run a long production- say 24 hours- when the time is up and the goods are ready- go click the spell- apply it to the building - then pick up your now spell-blessed extra goods- and you still have all the rest of the spell time to make more. It's like musical chairs though- you must pick up while the spell is active- once the music stops- it's kaput.

DeletedUser2961

Thanks for your reply. That was the song I was thinking of when I created the thread :) I thought of continuing it on my message but thought it would've been a bit much.

DeletedUser2961

Thanks so much for all of your advice and tips Varron they've been most helpful. I did spend a 1000 diamonds to get another builder which has helped speed things along and am still searching out a fellowship I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger on one. Your advice helped narrow it down for me and now I know better what to look for, I just don't want to get stuck in a fellowship with members that don't play or trade very often. Can you leave a fellowship if it's not working out?

Another question about researching, I got a quest that said to research advanced barracks, but it's a row over (I have 3 1/2 more things to research before I get to the barracks). My question is do I have to research in the order they appear on the grid or can a skip the 3 1/2 I haven't researched yet and research the one I'm being asked to do?

DeletedUser61

If you over hover a Tech Tree box the green connectors tell you WHICH boxes are required precedents, and you can do them in any order.

DeletedUser2961

Thanks for your reply. Do I have to do all of them? I'm not producing steel or planks (marble is my boosted goods) so I don't need the advanced manufactories for them so do I have to research them?

DeletedUser2961

Yeah I just now figured that out :/ What's the deal with "advanced" workshops, scouts & the like? When I completed research on scouts it said the cost would be cheaper and it was for awhile but it seems that they've doubled recently. I just got the advanced marble but I don't know if it's producing more or where to check to see if it is. Are they only for a limited time?

DeletedUser61

When I completed research on scouts
Scouting cost, and the difficulty of the encounters, is determined by the distance from your city.
See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map#Province_Distance

The advanced scouting technology, there's one at the start of each chapter, reduces ALL scouting costs by 25% of their current value.

The general pattern, throughout Elvenar, is that you'll need to upgrade your buildings 3 times per chapter, and there's usually an intentional size and orientation change, so you'll be constantly moving stuff around.