• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please embed links to all 3 squad training buildings in the Army Camp screen

Gkyr

Chef
Proposal: There are three icons representing the three squad training buildings arranged in a column on the left of the Army Camp window. For easier switching from one training building to another, please embed a link in each icon that can be clicked to go to the corresponding building's training window.

Background: When we first sign on and we have the goal of keeping our squad training queues productive 24/7, we successively click on a training building, increase the squad queue, click out of the first building, scroll to the next building, repeat the procedure, and repeat a third time. We also do this when we are wanting to 'spend down' our cache of Supplies if we are at our limit or getting ready to harvest more Supplies.
Depending upon our gaming style, we perform this battery of clicks 2, 3 or even 4 times per day, or more.

Instead of having to close the training window, navigate to the next building and click on it, it would be more efficient to click on the Army Camp tab and then click on the corresponding icon to be taken to that building's training window.

Pros: -This would save a few seconds time in a repetitive task that some need to do about one hundred times per month.
-The links are already coded. They operate anytime one clicks on a military training building.
-The icons are already in place in the Army Camp window. No new redesign or alteration is necessary. The icons just go from being indicators (of the adjacent queue) to being gateways.

Cons: -There are those that would argue (there always are) that we already click once on the 'x' or elsewhere in the city to close the training window, then click on the next building. What is the difference if we instead have to click on the Army Camp tab, then click on the icon. After all, two clicks is two clicks. The explanation is we have to visually locate the next building before clicking on it and this takes more time than the two clicks do and in the crowded city layout one occasionally clicks on the wrong nearby building (the Army Camp icons are separate and clearly defined) and as we progress through the chapters we are having to relocate our military buildings and sometimes it takes a few more seconds to remember where we put them.
-There are those who might say, when the training queue becomes full, the graphics at the bottom of the window (sliding bar, etc.) disappear. Why not have the embedded icons appear there once the training queue is full, then we would only have to click once? The response is this would require more redesign of the training window and makes the suggestion more demanding of redesign. Besides, this 'extra' space is only present in the browser version window; it is not present in the mobile version window.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They won't do links, but all three buildings could have three tabs, one for each building, so you can just click on the tab for the building you want and have the slots showing for that one. Though they would have to code this to prevent it being a back door that would let us make endless troops in two of the three buildings by using the tab, rather than clicking directly on the building. This may also be the reason they would reject either idea, by forcing us to collect the ready troops before we can fill more slots. But they could code it to work like the Wonders that produce stuff that is automatically collected, even when you view the Wonder from the AW menu, rather than clicking directly on the building, meaning switching to a building's tab. or whatever, would automatically collect the ready troops.

Gkyr

Chef
This does not change in any way the actual collection of trained troops nor the need to assign troops to empty slots. It is purely a navigation convenience.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This does not change in any way the actual collection of trained troops nor the need to assign troops to empty slots. It is purely a navigation convenience.
It would though. If you never have to click on the [training grounds] and instead always click on your [barracks] then you could let millions of [orc strategists] pile up and then feed your brown bears for a big fat collection bonus for the cost of just 1 petfood.
This is the same strategy as not collecting from your Magic academy for a month by always accessing it through the crafting menu and then collecting 30 days of CCs when the FA starts.
So, there would need to be some adjustments such as all completed troops being collected from all 3 buildings regardless of which one you open.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There's something along this vein in the works. I'm not sure of any specifics but the idea was forwarded and accepted with some stipulations to prevent exploiting the Brown Bear
Awesome! Frankly, I love this idea so anything even remotely similar would be appreciated.

Gkyr

Chef
It would though.
No.
Along the example that you offered, one might open up the Army Camp while in the Barracks building, but then clicking on the icon of the Training Grounds would take us to the Training Grounds building in exactly the same way as if we clicked out of the Barracks and clicked on the Training Grounds. I obviously have not presented my idea clearly.

When we click on a military building, the algorithm harvests the trained troops and presents us with the training window of the selected building. What I was proposing is a copy of that link embedded into the icon of the building that appears in the Army Camp window. It would be an alternate gateway down the same path. If we were to click on the embedded icon in the Army Camp window, the same process would take us to the selected military building harvest the trained troops and open the training window of the selected building,

But this is all moot. I am happy to hear from helya on this. I am also happy to withdraw my suggestion and wait to see what Inno delivers to our screens.

Yogi Dave

There's something along this vein in the works. I'm not sure of any specifics but the idea was forwarded and accepted with some stipulations to prevent exploiting the Brown Bear
What's a brown bear for if not exploiting? He can't always just try and hustle picnic baskets. (And no, my name doesn't exploit Yogi Bear's name, though I have gotten several jokes about that :))

Actually, preventing the exploit is a very good point. I know I'd have a ton of orc strats, blossom mages, rangers and frogs just waiting. When my stack counts approach 0, BOOM! back to >999.