• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

please explain culture to me

joncrichton

primarily supply related

I left this morning with 9 hour supply build and 125% culture
level 19 workshops have a POP on them that was to last about an hour longer

get back and the culture dropped to 100% and time to finish is just after POP runs out, just had a fellow boost me 3000 and into 125% again

but the time for the supplies stayed at 9 minutes after the POP runs out?? I don't get what they have designed here

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Culture doesn't alter the speed of any projects, it just increases the output. It has no effect on PoP

joncrichton

maybe there was a calculation error in the game then, something went from finishing under the time of the POP to 9 minutes after it expired.

I have found it sometimes will show the wrong info in a mouse over, i.e. info from another building

joncrichton

I guess I still don't get culture...

if it drops a level and then comes back up before production is finished it doesn't matter you still get the lower level amount??

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I haven't studied it that closely. I find that if I take what comes and see anything more than the minimum as a bonus, I'm generally happier and less prone to frustration.

It's possible that the server and the client are not communicating between when the culture rises again, and when you click to harvest, which means there is actually more in your building than your client thinks there is. The thing to watch is to collect a single building, and see if the numbers rising above the building are the same as the numbers that float up into the topp bar, becasue the former are what your client thinks is happening when your click, and the latter is what is really happening, per the server. It's not uncommon to see different numbers in the two places. the numbers at the top are the real ones.

DeletedUser188

@Ashrem
Thanks for that explanation
I have often wondered why the display that's shown when I hover over something is different from what I actually collect
When I see this happen I usually just hit refresh