• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

PLEASE MAKE A FILTER FOR NOTIFICATIONS

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Narrator voice-over: Nobody with any authority was listening.

I like how that was said so "authoritatively!" :p

It wouldn't be that hard. A simple check boxes at the top. "Check here to include trade notifications" and then the filter, which is pretty much child's play. Of course, if they only keep the last 60 notifications, the filter might just show the last number that took spaces up in the 60 item database. In other words, you might not get any more information, just sorted more neatly.

An alternative would be to sort them by type with the trades at the bottom? That way they would get "Pushed" off the list before the visit notifications and other things.

AJ

Jianju

I know. Sorry, I was being cynically sarcastic. Sarcastically cynical? Whatever.
VorKon? Is that a Voltron reference?
Well, I'm glad they're considering it, it would be a time-saver, and it would be nice to get more quick neighbor help interactions in. Clicking on the main map is a time guzzler. It's nice to see other players' cities, but I don't always have time to smell the roses and lots of time on menial, repetitive tasks gets mundane. What I like about Elvenar is the development strategy and city planning.

Grid Gypsy

THIS. You shouldn't have to save a list of your regular visitors off game! And once you hit the high single digit chapters, searching the map for them starts becoming ridiculous.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And once you hit the high single digit chapters, searching the map for them starts becoming ridiculous.

This is just another one of the things they use to try and get people to switch to the app. You can easily visit a couple hundred map neighbors in a fraction of the time it would take on the browser. Plus using the app means lower loads on the servers.

Grid Gypsy

This is just another one of the things they use to try and get people to switch to the app. You can easily visit a couple hundred map neighbors in a fraction of the time it would take on the browser. Plus using the app means lower loads on the servers.

Well as soon as they send me several thousand dollars for my vision correction surgery I'll download and use the app. Until then, they can.... well you get the hint. ;) Not all of us are as lucky as some Europeans with their healthcare and everything is too small in the app to use it comfortably, even on a tablet.

OIM20

@Grid Gypsy - I know how you feel. I'm using an app emulator called BlueStacks. I've already discovered that, despite one of my neighbors never having returned to their city after starting construction on their main hall and thus preventing any neighborly help (they have no cultural buildings and the builder's hut was maxed out long ago) on the browser, in the app I can actually help that main hall and get my gold.

And while it does cut down on the process of visiting on the world map, I find it dreadfully inconvenient that I can't zoom out when I'm in the city. Or, at least, I haven't figured out what to click and/or press to make that happen. I also don't like having Bob the Builder permanently residing in part of my screen. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that (I doubt it) and if it isn't, I don't know if it's an issue with the app itself or with the emulator. So, I think I'll stick to the browser for all but my neighborly help.

onebigscot

I sometimes use the app when I can't get to the game on my computer. It's an inferior experience as part of the draw of the game is the artwork, and no cell phone is going to do it justice. Plus, I haven't found that when crafting in the MA, I can't preview the available items to see what I am making. So I don't craft when I'm on my phone.

Iyapo1

@onebigscot
20210718_071026.jpg

On mobile if you touch the i, in the top left corner, it tells you exactly what it is.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
The App Notifications are worse than PC, you dont even get 10 pages like PC players do. If youre posting trades your visitors are overwritten more often and you see less info over time playing in app version.