• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please Rate

JessMac

On a scale of 1-3. One being the lowest and 3 being the highest or best. Please rate these rewards. I’m doing a little research for a spire project (more like obsession at this point)

Teleport, 3 5hr time boosters, 2 8hr time boosters.
***EDIT***
While I agree all three options are awesome I need them ranked as a substitution for spell fragments in gate chest in the third tier of the spire. For any discussion on that please visit my post in Thoughts and Ideas: A Better Spire.

Please leave this one open for ranking! I appreciate all feedback!!!

Also an apology to everyone that’s sick of me talking about this :)

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Teleport building 1. 2 eight hour boosters 2. 3 five hour boosters 3. The reason I rated the 5 hour boosters above the 8 hour boosters is because I think there is more flexibility in how you use 3 five hours as opposed to 2 eight hours.
I agree with your assessment, despite the fact that an hour is lost. A lot of recipes in the MA are 5 hour recipes, and I like using my time boosters on those when there are two recipes both too good to pass up. I don't want to wait on the second and take a chance on forgetting to come back in time.

JessMac

I agree with your assessment, despite the fact that an hour is lost. A lot of recipes in the MA are 5 hour recipes, and I like using my time boosters on those when there are two recipes both too good to pass up. I don't want to wait on the second and take a chance on forgetting to come back in time.
When you put it this way also tying in Henroo’s original post I can see the logic. I use a lot of my 5hrs for this as well. I mainly use the 8 to speed up with building production or troop replacement. But crafting is I’ve learned ultimately the main goal behind spire. Also so glad I posted this before I revised my spire post and requested a poll. As I had teleport the highest. Since I really enjoy stockpiling them for FA or major city rearranging.

Grid Gypsy

Teleport: 3, 3x5 hour boosters: 2, 2x8 hour boosters: 1.

I can never seem to get enough of the teleports (have I mentioned that my luck is crap in the spire?) while I can make 5 and 8 hour boosters in the MA and also get quite a few 5s from finishing the full spire.

JessMac

I can never seem to get enough of the teleports (have I mentioned that my luck is crap in the spire?) while I can make 5 and 8 hour boosters in the MA and also get quite a few 5s from finishing the full spire.
This was my original idea as well. And pretty much for the same reason.

JessMac

My luck is also crap that’s why I went on a quest for spire changes. I just added the actual post to initial post for this thread if you’d like to go and skim and see if you think that idea would ultimately help your luck in the spire!
And again I think your point about it not being craftable is a valid reason. I’m going to recheck the gate lists and see where it is also listed on the other gates.

Dew Spinner

That's a good point, teleports can only be aquired in the Spire, but I also need a lot less of them than time boosters.

JessMac

I also wonder if INNO would consider making a 2xteleport reward. This way it’s slightly better, but still not as good as the 3 teleport offered in the the Purple mystery chest. As of right now only the last gate on the first floor offeres a teleport reward. I’m not sure how often it is offered on regular chests. The fact that it is offered at gate 4 also goes to show that INNO believes it to be a somewhat higher reward. So this could be used to argue that teleport should be ranked as #3? I phrase it as “somewhat better” because in the entire list of gate rewards it’s still very low to the bottom. By upping it to 2 it would make it worthy of a gate 3 on third floor replacement.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think the value of teleports are also largely determined by how serious you and your fellowship are about fellowship adventures. I know the single biggest use I have had for teleports is rearranging my city for fellowship adventures. My fellowships tend to be fairly serious about FAs and we normally do lots of extra waypoints for ranking. But I have still found the Spire generally gives enough teleports to keep me going although I am making fairly serious changes to my city every FA (I generally teleport out all my tier 2 and tier 3 manufactories plus a few residences that week). If I were in a FS that was more casual about FAs and was content with just doing 1 path per stage I would probably change less about my city every FA and would use fewer teleports.

Darielle

When you put it this way also tying in Henroo’s original post I can see the logic. I use a lot of my 5hrs for this as well. I mainly use the 8 to speed up with building production or troop replacement. But crafting is I’ve learned ultimately the main goal behind spire. Also so glad I posted this before I revised my spire post and requested a poll. As I had teleport the highest. Since I really enjoy stockpiling them for FA or major city rearranging.
I love stockpiling those too. It's a hard choice that Henroo has given everyone, but I think he's got it right on the five hour ones being highest.

Darielle

I think the value of teleports are also largely determined by how serious you and your fellowship are about fellowship adventures. I know the single biggest use I have had for teleports is rearranging my city for fellowship adventures. My fellowships tend to be fairly serious about FAs and we normally do lots of extra waypoints for ranking. But I have still found the Spire generally gives enough teleports to keep me going although I am making fairly serious changes to my city every FA (I generally teleport out all my tier 2 and tier 3 manufactories plus a few residences that week). If I were in a FS that was more casual about FAs and was content with just doing 1 path per stage I would probably change less about my city every FA and would use fewer teleports.
I think that's why I put teleports last. I used to be in the number one fellowship and they are fantastic, no doubt about it, but I had to trash my city every FA. I'm beginning to enjoy a more laid back fellowship. We only did one path this time although the AM did want to go all out. The majority voted no, so she conceded. I like the voting process; it's a democracy here. We wound up in 40 something place, I think, instead of 1 or 2. It was so refreshing for a change. Maybe I'm just burned out on FAs, and that may change in future, but for now, I rate teleports last but I can fully understand why someone else would rate them first. It's a tough choice.

JessMac

I think that's why I put teleports last. I used to be in the number one fellowship and they are fantastic, no doubt about it, but I had to trash my city every FA. I'm beginning to enjoy a more laid back fellowship. We only did one path this time although the AM did want to go all out. The majority voted no, so she conceded. I like the voting process; it's a democracy here. We wound up in 40 something place, I think, instead of 1 or 2. It was so refreshing for a change. Maybe I'm just burned out on FAs, and that may change in future, but for now, I rate teleports last but I can fully understand why someone else would rate them first. It's a tough choice.
It really is!!!! AND EVERYONE KEEPS MAKING REALLY GOOD POINTS AND COUNTERS!:eek::oops:o_O I’ll read a post and be like oh ok this one is the winner. And then some one will retort and I’m like oh no you’re right! But this last post from Henroo is a very valid point. Since he is currently playing in a FA driven FS like myself and he still ranked teleports low with valid reasoning.
Yes time boosters can be crafted and teleports can’t. But time boosters are always needed/wanted. Point of the spire is to make crafting what you want when you want possible. So if you’re given extra time boosters it could help by either not having to choose a time booster against another really good option. Or making it possible to craft two really good options in a group. And if you are not in a FA driven FS like yourself you’d only use the teleport to rearrange your city. So having it ranked as a gate three reward opposed to a gate 1 reward might annoy you. But then you could argue that at gates 3 it’s only 20% and gate 1 it would be a 60% option. (If INNO accepted this change and didn’t change their percentages). And another thing this line up would make gate 2 all time boosts. 2hr,5hr,8hr. Would this upset people or no as it seems TBs are generally wanted…

sorry my mind is like on a million different paths right now trying to see all points of view and compare it to overall picture. I mentioned this might have turned into an obsession right?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@JessMac My playstyle also tends to highly value time boosts. I use the 5 day temporary buff buildings a lot. On a given week, I use 1 mage building, 1 light range building, and either 1 Dwarven Armorer *OR* 2 Unleashed Unit (not both). Problem is if I drop these buildings when the Spire opens, then they wear off before the tournament ends. I have found it is best to drop them Tuesday morning. This way they will last until the tournament ends. I wait to start climbing the Spire until these buildings are in place. The boost they give my troops is just too great to pass up. But waiting until Tuesday to start climbing the Spire puts me under a time crunch. So I ALWAYS have to time boost a few spire gates every week.

I also use a lot of time boosts to speed train troops. In particular I have the Brown Bear building, which gives a bonus for 12 hours to troops trained when it is fed Pet Food. So I can feed Brown Bear to activate the bonus and then bang out a ton of troops using 5 hour boosters while the feeding effect is active.

JessMac

@JessMac My playstyle also tends to highly value time boosts. I use the 5 day temporary buff buildings a lot. On a given week, I use 1 mage building, 1 light range building, and either 1 Dwarven Armorer *OR* 2 Unleashed Unit (not both). Problem is if I drop these buildings when the Spire opens, then they wear off before the tournament ends. I have found it is best to drop them Tuesday morning. This way they will last until the tournament ends. I wait to start climbing the Spire until these buildings are in place. The boost they give my troops is just too great to pass up. But waiting until Tuesday to start climbing the Spire puts me under a time crunch. So I ALWAYS have to time boost a few spire gates every week.

I also use a lot of time boosts to speed train troops. In particular I have the Brown Bear building, which gives a bonus for 12 hours to troops trained when it is fed Pet Food. So I can feed Brown Bear to activate the bonus and then bang out a ton of troops using 5 hour boosters while the feeding effect is active.
So overall a gate full of time boots wouldn’t be an issue for you?