• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please Rate

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So overall a gate full of time boots wouldn’t be an issue for you?
I am not sure what you mean by this question. My original point was that for strategic reasons I am using some of the time boosts I win in the spire every week to time boost spire gates so I can get to the top before the spire closes. Does that answer your question or did you mean something else?

JessMac

I am not sure what you mean by this question. My original point was that for strategic reasons I am using some of the time boosts I win in the spire every week to time boost spire gates so I can get to the top before the spire closes. Does that answer your question or did you mean something else?
Lol sorry most of the people responding have already commented on my original post listed in the first post of this thread so they know what I’m trying to accomplish. So I kinda forgot that not everyone has read it.
in the spire on level three gate #2 currently already has 2 rewards that are currently time boosters. If you replace the spell fragments option with one of the options it could possibly mean that gate #3 would have all three rewards as time boosters. But seeing as you heavily rely on them you may not mind that.

Silver Lady

Could I suggest 12 x 1 hr instants as an option?
But for the ones asked:
1 - teleport
2 - 2 x 8 hr instants
3 - 3 x 5 hr instants

Silver Lady

I often wind up with some odd times where I only need 1 hr to finish something off. So I don’t want to waste a 5 or 8. And even if it’s 2 or 3 hrs that I need, spending multiple 1hrs if I’ve won 12 of them wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

Edit to add:
For me it would be a ranking of 3.

JessMac

I often wind up with some odd times where I only need 1 hr to finish something off. So I don’t want to waste a 5 or 8. And even if it’s 2 or 3 hrs that I need, spending multiple 1hrs if I’ve won 12 of them wouldn’t hurt my feelings.
very valid point I had this same problem earlier today! 12 might be excessive though. But I’m not sure!

Last edited:

JessMac

Edit to add:
For me it would be a ranking of 3.
Which one would you replace it with? Also thinking on it I don’t think it would be as the other two are higher.

JessMac

Good question. I like all time boosters but I like teleports too. But I think I use my 5s and 1s most often so I think the 8.

But radical thought here: What about a little package - 1x8 hr + 1x5 hr + 5x1 hr ?
First of all let me start off with saying I’m always a fan of radical ideas! But to be a bummer no way in all get out will INNO do that as a gate prize. BUT maybe they could offer it as a reward in event building quests. As like the daily prize or something? Idk :( BUT I love your way of thinking!

COLCANNON

On a scale of 1-3. One being the lowest and 3 being the highest or best. Please rate these rewards. I’m doing a little research for a spire project (more like obsession at this point)

Teleport, 3 5hr time boosters, 2 8hr time boosters.
***EDIT***
While I agree all three options are awesome I need them ranked as a substitution for spell fragments in gate chest in the third tier of the spire. For any discussion on that please visit my post in Thoughts and Ideas: A Better Spire.

Please leave this one open for ranking! I appreciate all feedback!!!

Also an apology to everyone that’s sick of me talking about this :)
1 - 3 x5 hr, 2 - 2 x 8 hr, 3 - TP

JessMac

First of all let me start off with saying I’m always a fan of radical ideas! But to be a bummer no way in all get out will INNO do that as a gate prize. BUT maybe they could offer it as a reward in event building quests. As like the daily prize or something? Idk :( BUT I love your way of thinking!
@Silver Lady I also don’t know jack smith when it comes to what they will and won’t do! If that was an option lol how would you rate it :D;)

JessMac

@Silver Lady I also don’t know jack smith when it comes to what they will and won’t do! If that was an option lol how would you rate it :D;)
Hmm if they would consider it we could actually place that as a gate 4 prize…. I would need more input on that idea from other players to see if it could possibly be something they would consider!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Lol sorry most of the people responding have already commented on my original post listed in the first post of this thread so they know what I’m trying to accomplish. So I kinda forgot that not everyone has read it.
in the spire on level three gate #2 currently already has 2 rewards that are currently time boosters. If you replace the spell fragments option with one of the options it could possibly mean that gate #3 would have all three rewards as time boosters. But seeing as you heavily rely on them you may not mind that.
I have 3 advanced cities. 1 currently has 192K spell fragments. City 2 has 105K spell fragments. City 3 has 146K spell fragments. I also have extensive Moonstone Library boneyards in each city which give me extra spell fragments every day. And since I have PLENTY of spell fragments everywhere I have not been disenchanting anything lately except to fulfill the occasional event quest. I have 14 or 15 pages of potential summonable buildings in every city. Most of these are out of date and could be disenchanted for spell fragments if I needed. So I am ****TOTALLY*** down with replacing the spell fragment option at gates with virtually anything else.

Silver Lady

@JessMac Why as the highest, bested of course. ;)

I doubt that Inno would do it too, but if you don’t ask you never get. And IMHO a timer package isn’t as good as a magic residence/workshop and you did say a Gate prize not a Magic Barrier prize.

JessMac

I have 3 advanced cities. 1 currently has 192K spell fragments. City 2 has 105K spell fragments. City 3 has 146K spell fragments. I also have extensive Moonstone Library boneyards in each city which give me extra spell fragments every day. And since I have PLENTY of spell fragments everywhere I have not been disenchanting anything lately except to fulfill the occasional event quest. I have 14 or 15 pages of potential summonable buildings in every city. Most of these are out of date and could be disenchanted for spell fragments if I needed. So I am ****TOTALLY*** down with replacing the spell fragment option at gates with virtually anything else.
This is awesome to hear! Just to let you know to make everyone happy the number you currently get on level three isn’t diminishing in any way (a lot of people didn't like that). They are being added to none gate chests on that floor and then replacing three of those gates with different rewards. But the hourly spell package (suggested by @Silver Lady) could possibly take the place of the spell frags on gate 4. Where I was only going to delete the spell fragments and not replace them. I’d LOVE to hear your opinion please!!!

Last edited:

JessMac

@JessMac Why as the highest, bested of course. ;)

I doubt that Inno would do it too, but if you don’t ask you never get. And IMHO a timer package isn’t as good as a magic residence/workshop and you did say a Gate prize not a Magic Barrier prize.
Ok so I’m going to show my noob statues here. ?Magic Barrier Prize? Is this another term for boss gate? Just to save you the time of looking I only have 1 city and am currently in orcs chapter.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
[
But the hourly spell package (suggested by @Silver Lady) could possibly take the place of the spell frags on gate 4. Where I was only going to delete the spell fragments and not replace them. I’d LOVE to hear your opinion please!!!
She suggested a 8 hour booster, a 5 hour booster, and five 1 hour boosters. To me that is OBVIOUSLY better than either two 8 hour boosters or three 5 hour boosters. While I agree this would be awesome, I do not see Inno approving this change. Unless I am missing something?

JessMac

THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF MY SUGGESTION CHANGE!!!! Please keep in mind they will only make changes that stay in line with their overall viewpoint and this form is already pushing that idea. Since they believe the best rewards should have the lowest %. Rewards were placed by a mixture of reasonings.
3 5hr 60%. ———-> highest rated #1, highest percentage ( even though it’s a first gate plz keep in mind it is also on the third tier)
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%

2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
2 8hr 40% ——> this was the hardest gate as I originally wanted to add the teleport here. But was advised from the whispers above that teleports have to be rare. So it was either get rid of Tele. Or place a third time boosters here. But it sounds like everyone likes time so hope this is fine. Please note I could not add the 3 5 hrs here as there is already one of those here and that would be weird

15% Coin Rain 20%
Teleport (possibly2)20% ——> while this is one of the highest gates it also has the lowest %. So to keep INNO happy and still be able to get this on this level outside of mystery chests. We have to compromise.
3 1hr 60%

1x8hr + 1x5hr + 5x1hr 10%——> this was the only gate I hade to switch % hoping to appease INNO and the masses. The amount of time actually earned is worthy of a gate 4 prize. But hoping INNO will be happy with the 10% chance so we could possibly get this implemented. Take in mind the amount of coding a package like this would require.
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 55%
Artifact 5%
(Will also be ok with just removing SF and not replacing with anything.)

Overall I think this works because the first two gates are for the people. The last two gates while they are prizes we would like, have the percentages I think INNO would be ok with. And overall it hopefully appeases the majority of people. Spell fragment amounts don’t change. Rewards for gates on level three are now better prizes and worth either time or the resources to achieve. I believe this change will encourage more spire participation. But also make the people that climb regularly very happy!

As always I’m open to suggestions. Please remember INNO needs to keep their lights on. So don’t offer suggestions such as diamonds. (And after a total review of everything portal profits are super abundant. Artifacts will not change. Coding takes time and money.) I have thought long and hard on other prizes and decided to stick with ALMOST what is already offered as a gate prize. The last two revamps are the exception. Rewards have to be better than normal gaye rewards already offered or equal too. But should be less than mystery boxes. Happy gaming y’all!

Last edited: