• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please Rate

Silver Lady

?Magic Barrier Prize? Is this another term for boss gate?

According to the Wiki the blue gates/portals/thingies are Magic Barriers and the Boss Spirit is at the Gate (aka the thing that looks like a door). I think you’re proposing changing the prizes around so that at the Boss Gate the spell frags are moved to somewhere else and replaced with one of the suggestions, either one of the 3 you originally suggested or my ‘radical suggetion’. Yes?

@Henroo Nope, not missing a thing. That’s exactly what I’m suggesting.

Silver Lady

@JessMac Just got through reading your Better Spire thread. I find talking about the levels and chests in the Spire to be confusing. I like helya‘s suggestion about using her list of chests then doing your changes in bold. Clarity is the key to understanding and helps to insure you get what you asked for and not what a dev thinks you asked for.

JessMac

@JessMac Just got through reading your Better Spire thread. I find talking about the levels and chests in the Spire to be confusing. I like helya‘s suggestion about using her list of chests then doing your changes in bold. Clarity is the key to understanding and helps to insure you get what you asked for and not what a dev thinks you asked for.
Yes absolutely but before I could do that I had to start this thread and get feedback. Once I get all that I can from this one I will do what she asked. Revise that thread and then ask for a poll :D

JessMac

THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF MY SUGGESTION CHANGE!!!! Please keep in mind they will only make changes that stay in line with their overall viewpoint and this form is already pushing that idea. Since they believe the best rewards should have the lowest %. Rewards were placed by a mixture of reasonings.
3 5hr 60%. ———-> highest rated #1, highest percentage ( even though it’s a first gate plz keep in mind it is also on the third tier)
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%

2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
2 8hr 40% ——> this was the hardest gate as I originally wanted to add the teleport here. But was advised from the whispers above that teleports have to be rare. So it was either get rid of Tele. Or place a third time boosters here. But it sounds like everyone likes time so hope this is fine. Please note I could not add the 3 5 hrs here as there is already one of those here and that would be weird

15% Coin Rain 20%
Teleport (possibly2)20% ——> while this is one of the highest gates it also has the lowest %. So to keep INNO happy and still be able to get this on this level outside of mystery chests. We have to compromise.
3 1hr 60%

1x8hr + 1x5hr + 5x1hr 10%——> this was the only gate I hade to switch % hoping to appease INNO and the masses. The amount of time actually earned is worthy of a gate 4 prize. But hoping INNO will be happy with the 10% chance so we could possibly get this implemented. Take in mind the amount of coding a package like this would require.
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 55%
Artifact 5%
(Will also be ok with just removing SF and not replacing with anything.)

Overall I think this works because the first two gates are for the people. The last two gates while they are prizes we would like, have the percentages I think INNO would be ok with. And overall it hopefully appeases the majority of people. Spell fragment amounts don’t change. Rewards for gates on level three are now better prizes and worth either time or the resources to achieve. I believe this change will encourage more spire participation. But also make the people that climb regularly very happy!

As always I’m open to suggestions. Please remember INNO needs to keep their lights on. So don’t offer suggestions such as diamonds. (And after a total review of everything portal profits are super abundant. Artifacts will not change. Coding takes time and money.) I have Thought long and hard on other prizes and decided to stick with ALMOST what is already offered as a gate prize. The last two revamps are the exception. Rewards have to be better than normal gate rewards already offered or equal too. But should be less than mystery boxes. Happy gaming y’all!
@Silver Lady this is my very first rough draft. I will have to revise it down for the actual forum poll.

Last edited:

Silver Lady

@JessMac So again I ask, where did all the spell frags go? In your rough draft with 4 chest above I don’t see any spell frags. Although I’m not a big fan of them I don’t think they should all be removed.

JessMac

@JessMac So again I ask, where did all the spell frags go? In your rough draft with 4 chest above I don’t see any spell frags. Although I’m not a big fan of them I don’t think they should all be removed.
Hmmmm I guess my post in a better spire is not as clear as I believed. Good to know for when I revise.
The spell fragments on gate chest in level three will be moved and added to none gate chest. So say the second spirit once you enter level three. His chest before the change was 500sf. After the change it would be 1000sf because we took the 500 from the first Gate chest and added it. I was originally thinking that we could keep all at in level three but they may have to be dispersed throughout the entire spire.

OIM20

What @Silver Lady is trying to point out is the percentages already add up to 100% and you have -0- spell fragments listed.
3 5hr 60%.
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
60 + 20 + 20 = 100
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
2 8hr 40%
25 + 35 + 40 = 100
15% Coin Rain 20%
Teleport (possibly 2) 20%
3 1hr 60%
20 + 20 + 60 = 100
1x8hr + 1x5hr + 5x1hr 10%
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 55%
Artifact 5%
10 + 30 + 55 + 5 = 100
(Will also be ok with just removing SF and not replacing with anything.)
And I'm not okay with that. My cities are ch 7 (Elcy), ch 4 (Sinya), and ch 3 (Harandar). I need spell fragments to craft. I know I'm not the only one - several others (Iyapo1, Squonk420*, Darielle, Eudaemonia, Alram [links go to posts in other thread]) have mentioned it in the other thread over in S&I. @SoggyShorts mentioned another thread giving hard numbers of possible SF wins in the other thread.

So what's being asked is where are you proposing to put the spell fragments given your rough draft of what you want offered as prizes? Because you've removed them entirely.

JessMac

What @Silver Lady is trying to point out is the percentages already add up to 100% and you have -0- spell fragments listed.

60 + 20 + 20 = 100

25 + 35 + 40 = 100

20 + 20 + 60 = 100

10 + 30 + 55 + 5 = 100

And I'm not okay with that. My cities are ch 7 (Elcy), ch 4 (Sinya), and ch 3 (Harandar). I need spell fragments to craft. I know I'm not the only one - several others (Iyapo1, Squonk420*, Darielle, Eudaemonia, Alram [links go to posts in other thread]) have mentioned it in the other thread over in S&I. @SoggyShorts mentioned another thread giving hard numbers of possible SF wins in the other thread.

So what's being asked is where are you proposing to put the spell fragments given your rough draft of what you want offered as prizes? Because you've removed them entirely.
Yup all of the people you have tagged except two have been with me and commenting and offering suggestions and advice on both threads from the beginning. I really want to say that Alram was the one who came up with the time boosters I’m using for exchangeable reward. But I could be wrong. I’ve replied to so many posts. It def started with an A.
you have pointed out a helpful mistake on my end. I need to tilted my list, a title would stand out better.
work in progress here is first thought:
LIST OF GATES 1-4 AND THIER REWARDS ON 3RD TIER.
(Spell fragments are being moved and added in addition to none GATE chest in spire that currently already have sf)
Like I said work in progress- why I started this thread over here, which hindsight I should have started over here and then when finalized posted a thread there. I’m a noob so learning curve. I think I’ve got it down now. Ish.

JessMac

Sorry I’m not removing them. My end game is to ask INNO to take all sf on gates on level 3 and disperse and add them to current chest( that already contain sf) throughout the spire. So the overall number of sf doesn’t change. The only thing that changes is the gate rewards in level 3. I’m trying to make them better than the other gate rewards. But less than the mystery boxes that can appear. I really hope this explains it better.

Silver Lady

LIST OF GATES 1-4 AND THIER REWARDS ON 3RD TIER.

@JessMac Sorry, (maybe the only one) but I’m finding your use of Gates and Tier very confusing. The way I read the Wiki are only 3 Gates in the Spire: 1) Boss at end of Gateway, 2) Boss at end of High Halls and 3) Boss at end of Laboratory. So I think you’re using ’Tier’ to mean the 3 levels? I was going to post more but I think I’ll hold this thought until after the Spire opens tomorrow and I can actually see the layout. I’m just having a visualization issue. :oops: It’s too late here to be trying to make this old brain work.

JessMac

@JessMac Sorry, (maybe the only one) but I’m finding your use of Gates and Tier very confusing. The way I read the Wiki are only 3 Gates in the Spire: 1) Boss at end of Gateway, 2) Boss at end of High Halls and 3) Boss at end of Laboratory. So I think you’re using ’Tier’ to mean the 3 levels? I was going to post more but I think I’ll hold this thought until after the Spire opens tomorrow and I can actually see the layout. I’m just having a visualization issue. :oops: It’s too late here to be trying to make this old brain work.
Good point there are four gates and the the boss gate. I’m only suggesting changes to the 4 none boss gates on level 3. Will make a note of this as well!

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Hmm if they would consider it we could actually place that as a gate 4 prize…. I would need more input on that idea from other players to see if it could possibly be something they would consider!
My end game is to ask INNO to take all sf on gates on level 3 and disperse and add them to current chest( that already contain sf) throughout the spire. So the overall number of sf doesn’t change. The only thing that changes is the gate rewards in level 3. I’m trying to make them better than the other gate rewards. But less than the mystery boxes that can appear. I really hope this explains it better.

I am not sure if I can follow you.
So non-gate chests gets more spell fragments and gaye chests get additional rewards. So overall you are asking for more rewards in the spire?

Dew Spinner

Lol sorry most of the people responding have already commented on my original post listed in the first post of this thread so they know what I’m trying to accomplish. So I kinda forgot that not everyone has read it.
in the spire on level three gate #2 currently already has 2 rewards that are currently time boosters. If you replace the spell fragments option with one of the options it could possibly mean that gate #3 would have all three rewards as time boosters. But seeing as you heavily rely on them you may not mind that.
You have to keep in mind that for new players they can only get 1 Moonstone Library set and they are going to rely heavily on Spire for Spell Fragments. So taking them out of any gate or any other chest is going to negatively affect them. Hypothetically speaking if there are now 7 chests with spell fragments, 7 chances to win them, and you reduce that to 4 chests with spell fragments, 4 chances to win them, that means less spell fragments overall for new players with the ability to only get 1 Moonstone Library set. You don't always get spell fragments when the chance to get them is in the chest, so even though you are adding more spell fragments to the 4 chests, the chances to win those spell fragments is considerably down from having 7 chances to win less of them.

Last edited:

Kekune

So non-gate chests gets more spell fragments and gate chests get additional rewards. So overall you are asking for more rewards in the spire?
Yes I am.
My understanding is that this won't be acceptable to Inno. If you want to increase something, you have to give something else up. They're not likely to even consider a proposal that just asks for more, because they've already determined what finishing the spire is "worth." So we can suggest swapping things out, but not simply adding in.

What are you proposing is removed?

JessMac

My understanding is that this won't be acceptable to Inno. If you want to increase something, you have to give something else up. They're not likely to even consider a proposal that just asks for more, because they've already determined what finishing the spire is "worth." So we can suggest swapping things out, but not simply adding in.

This was my very first idea. Take away spell fragments from the gates on level 3. Leave it at that. But the masses went to war on this idea. No one liked the idea of less spell fragments. I then offered up the idea of only just moving them to be added to chests that currently already contain them and then leaving the gates chests as they are. No one liked that lol. So it was suggested that we move them and replace them with the three offered suggestions. Overall the whole idea is a long shot. And while yes I am technically asking for more prizes I am only asking them for tier 3 where the cost to finish is more. So I believe the addition is not asking too much. And Helya told me that time boosters are the most acceptable rewards for INNO the teleport they want to be kept rare. And if this does get forwarded on. They have the right to change it. At this point in time all gate chests are exactly the same except for gate 4 on the first tier (excluding the big bosses). This overall I believe is a huge flaw. As you climb the gates should imho get better. This is asking for only the third tier to be changed in an effort to generate more fs participation.

JessMac

This is a very valid point. I would however like to point out that the chest that contain the sf usually contain the higher percentage so therefore I do not believe your chances diminish. As you said you don’t always win them when they are are you for a possible choice either when you are are on the third tier. But we could also just ask that these chests that are being added to be changed to always have the highest percentage as well. Therefore ensuring the possibility of a win? But I am trying to refrain from making as many changes as possible. But you could counter with but they are already changing these boxes so what’s the big deal? At the end of the day this is why I created this post. To try and generate more ideas and opinions

Dew Spinner

This is a very valid point. I would however like to point out that the chest that contain the sf usually contain the higher percentage so therefore I do not believe your chances diminish. As you said you don’t always win them when they are are you for a possible choice either when you are are on the third tier. But we could also just ask that these chests that are being added to be changed to always have the highest percentage as well. Therefore ensuring the possibility of a win? But I am trying to refrain from making as many changes as possible. But you could counter with but they are already changing these boxes so what’s the big deal? At the end of the day this is why I created this post. To try and generate more ideas and opinions
I think you are ready to submit your sugesstion! :)