• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Please state which research is needed for Grain Fields

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have noticed that there is nothing on Elvenar ... neither the building section, the research section, nor the wiki, that tells you specifically that Agriculture is needed to unlock the Grain Field in Halflings.

This is very important information, as a new halflings player is in the dark unless they go to Elvengems and find out there.

My proposal is that Inno makes it clear that the research needed to unlock the grain field is Agriculture.

Pros: players do not have to wonder what research to do first, and they do not have to go on a 3rd party site to find out.

Cons: no cons; it would be a minimal amount of code to add just a few words to both the builder/settlements section and to the research tree.

michmarc

People underestimate the cost of a "small UI" change when you consider the cost of translating it into all of the languages that they support.

That being said, I think it's a good idea to provide a clue as to which research is required when the names aren't obvious. It's been suggested that the 'Research' button in the builder/upgrade screen would link directly to the required research (instead of just taking you to your research tree in a generic way) but a cheaper solution might be to just add text to the research topic indicating what gets built/unlocked with that reserach.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
People underestimate the cost of a "small UI" change when you consider the cost of translating it into all of the languages that they support.

That being said, I think it's a good idea to provide a clue as to which research is required when the names aren't obvious. It's been suggested that the 'Research' button in the builder/upgrade screen would link directly to the required research (instead of just taking you to your research tree in a generic way) but a cheaper solution might be to just add text to the research topic indicating what gets built/unlocked with that reserach.
I'd like to see it take you directly to the research, but yeah, I think this would be a lot easier for the devs. Most of the settlement buildings do state which research is needed. This is the only one I've found that doesn't. It seems strange they wouldn't have done that.