• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

Zoof

How would they know if they made a profit unless they were able to veiw a chest once the kp was filled but before it was upgraded.
On desktop (browser), simply hovering over the chest reveals its contents (I don't recall if it's possible on mobile, though I remember trying and feeling unhappy about something). One could solidify their position by donating enough such that there isn't enough remaining KP left to beat your position, though that action tends to be unprofitable unless certain conditions line up.

NOTE: This post had been edited (several times) for clarification so quotes may not perfectly line up. Sorry.

DeletedUser27062

On desktop (browser), simply hovering over the chest reveals its contents. One could solidify their position by donating enough such that there isn't enough remaining KP left to beat your position, though that action tends to be unprofitable.
Yep, even on mobile you can tap a chests to see what's in it. But when you get kp & shards you never know who it's from

defiantoneks

if you want to deter them, let the wonders sit without being upgraded for a while. inconvenient to your fs members, but if no AW are open for business, they'll move on.

HKRM

We seem to have made a truce. I messaged them basically saying that they had their fun and well played, but we would make sure they would no longer profit off of our chests so it was probably time to move on. One actually responded with a very hurt and somewhat insulting message that they were just trying to be nice and helpful but would leave us be if we were going to be like that. To me that’s something you shovel out of a horse barn but fair enough.
On a positive note it was a wonderful team building exercise. It will take us a few more days to fully push them off but I think we came out ahead in the end. Thank you for the kind advice. We may have to switch our KP system if this happens again. I will do some research into net zero.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
One actually responded with a very hurt and somewhat insulting message that they were just trying to be nice and helpful but would leave us be if we were going to be like that. To me that’s something you shovel out of a horse barn but fair enough.

The fact that you can't imagine a neighbor wanting to be nice, says a lot.

Deleted User - 1178646

The fact that you can't imagine a neighbor wanting to be nice, says a lot.
More and more do we live in a world where we only think about ourselves and can't imagine there is someone doing somethjing without a ulterior motive.
The days of helping a neighbour just because he is your neighbour seems to be more and more considered odd.

Iyapo1

Yeah. I am with HKRM, barn droppings! Hitting your neighbors chest is being nice, hitting all available wonders in your neighbors FS and then repeatedly bumping FS members is not being nice. It is recognizing an opening and taking it. Not judging, just saying that the hurt act doesnt ring.

Last edited:

HKRM

My first reaction when I noticed these 2 on both mine and another members wonder was to say “we must be in the same general area of the map because we have the same people on our wonders”. It was then pointed out to me that they were in the wonders of every person in our fs but only on the wonders 3/4 or more full that had chests still available for relatively small amounts. They also adjusted their donations multiple times a day to reclaim chests they had lost. I may be jaded but that does not seem altruistic to me.

BrinDarby

If I'm gonna poach, its gonna be on late CH players,
that for whatever reason have gone Solo, have the
unusual AWs, and you can snag AWKP & runes....
Any help they get is help, no KP chains mess'd with.

but 1KP poachers, thats not thier fault, its the FS's fault
for not kick'n them to da curb, and off the list..

Deleted User - 848894468

Good evening, this was never an issue for me until the GREAT CITY SHUFFLE.
  • We joined a Fellowship for a reason, to help the Fellowship and fellows in that Fellowship out
  • A totally agree that this hurts the KP chain; example - once everyone has posted the allotted amounts (all chests are taken) yet there is more for the owner to add, I have seen where an outsider has posted and moved everyone in the Fellowship down on an AW (this leads to one or more persons in the Fellowship with no chest) - totally NOT cool
  • I personally feel it is wrong for an outsider to move in and take RUNES away from a Fellowship they do not belong to

• I agree that the 1KP moochers are an irritant. Months ago, in all my cities, I decided to leave my AW's filled and in a ready to upgrade state -- however, that slows my progress down and hurts my Fellowship members as they cannot not post to obtain the Runes they need
  • We have messaged members in chat and asking for assistance to move them down the list -- we are doing everything we can
My apologies as I did not sit here and read all 7 pages of this forum, however, I agree with one of the posts here, have a button inserted somewhere for the AW's, giving the user the ability to choose who they want to add to their AWs
ON = Fellowship only
OFF = Fellowship & Outsiders

Edited for more clarification on the second bullet "allotted amounts"

Last edited by a moderator:

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Vennala The Great Migration changed a lot of circumstances.
The KP contributions less than 5 KP are the ones that irritate me. It just seems like someone is trying to get something for nothing. We handle that "in house" by letting other fellowship members know there are those type of donations.
I see you mentioned an "allotted amount", which I assume you have a KP swap. I do not have one in my fellowship, so I may be lacking knowledge in this area, but I don't see why that is a problem if the donator is giving you 10 or more KP.
There are several reasons why they may be donating to your AWs. They may need the shards from them to build or upgrade AW in their own city. If they are at the top of their fellowship, or no one else has that AW in their fellowship, this could be the only way they have to speed the process.
You are free to handle this issue in whatever way you choose but know that donations of 10 KP or more are looked on favorably by many fellowships and can be a bridge to making new friendships or even gaining new members to the fellowship.
If you want to donate at least 10 KP to any wonder of mine, please do so. I will probably return the favor.
Forging new friendships costs nothing and can only benefit all those involved. You may even find your trades are favored by that person.
The button idea could be handy, but I don't know if the issue is that serious to cause a coding change.

How is it poaching as the game allows you to put Kps on any player's AW. So if I drop 1 kp anywhere and it gives me a chest, then that is me giving 1 kp. Now if anyone comes along and puts 2 kps and I loose out, then that is still me having given 1 kp to someone. Just because the chest pays higher rewards than 1 kp, does not mean we should expect someone to pay more. Expectations should only be on fellowship members and those are set forth generally in the overview of a fellowship. But if someone drops 1 kp on any of my AWs and ends up with a chest than all I can say is thank you for dropping 1 kp. That is one more than I expected to get. :)

The most important point I like to share in regards to placing kps on an AW, whether in our outside of the fellowship is....
If you have expectations of a specific chest to become yours "Lock it in". This means, place enough kps on it so that no one else can come along and take it.

Myne

Oh Wise One
The most important point I like to share in regards to placing kps on an AW, whether in our outside of the fellowship is....
If you have expectations of a specific chest to become yours "Lock it in". This means, place enough kps on it so that no one else can come along and take it.

In light of the rune shard changes, that can be very difficult. It's all a crapshoot. lol

Not really. You can do the math before dropping and determine what amount will "lock your spot" and then make decision to drop that amount or not. If you want to, you can even have the rune shard changes work for you. Combine inventory points with rune shard drops to get to the amount that locks you in. But in the end the only time you can expect to get a chest that you were seeking is if you locked your position in. The rest is just luck and should not be an expectation.

In the end I welcome any and all KPs dropped on my AWs. Those in my FS that are in expectation of a spot know to lock it or possibly loose it. I will help when I can and they know this too. :)

@Vennala The Great Migration changed a lot of circumstances.
The KP contributions less than 5 KP are the ones that irritate me. It just seems like someone is trying to get something for nothing. We handle that "in house" by letting other fellowship members know there are those type of donations.
I see you mentioned an "allotted amount", which I assume you have a KP swap. I do not have one in my fellowship, so I may be lacking knowledge in this area, but I don't see why that is a problem if the donator is giving you 10 or more KP.
There are several reasons why they may be donating to your AWs. They may need the shards from them to build or upgrade AW in their own city. If they are at the top of their fellowship, or no one else has that AW in their fellowship, this could be the only way they have to speed the process.
You are free to handle this issue in whatever way you choose but know that donations of 10 KP or more are looked on favorably by many fellowships and can be a bridge to making new friendships or even gaining new members to the fellowship.
If you want to donate at least 10 KP to any wonder of mine, please do so. I will probably return the favor.
Forging new friendships costs nothing and can only benefit all those involved. You may even find your trades are favored by that person.
The button idea could be handy, but I don't know if the issue is that serious to cause a coding change.
I so truly love the part where you say that this can build new friendships worthwhile and even can lead to new members to the FS. I wholeheartedly agree to that.

Katarax and I are recent new friends that donate to each other on Harandar. It's a good practice!
I recently made a great new friend as well in Elcysandir by donating kps and locking a spot. Before I knew it, the next day, I had 3 AWs with a bunch of kps on it. So I messaged that player and we became friends and now donate to each other.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I recently sold 2 friends to a FS for 215 KPs to my Mountain Hall, but they told me the agent doesn't get to keep the whole pie. My cut is apparently only 3KP. I'm very disappointed, but lesson learned. Next time I'm negotiating for 3 magic beans as my cut.