• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm still sort of mystified why any help given by someone outside your fellowship is a bad thing?
When someone places 1 or 2 KP into your wonder to grab a 5 or 10 KP chest they aren't doing it to help you. They are making a profit off your wonder that someone in your FS could have made instead.
The complaints about it come from FS with bad systems like "shout-outs" where the wonder owner self fills to 90%+ and then tells his FS members to "come grab a chest" but then an outsider does instead.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm much happier since I locked most of my wonders. I fill them myself and I don't miss the 1 or 2 kp other people were so generously giving me.

Legilost

When someone places 1 or 2 KP into your wonder to grab a 5 or 10 KP chest they aren't doing it to help you. They are making a profit off your wonder that someone in your FS could have made instead.
The complaints about it come from FS with bad systems like "shout-outs" where the wonder owner self fills to 90%+ and then tells his FS members to "come grab a chest" but then an outsider does instead.
Finally someone who sees it for what it is like me. Thank you

BrinDarby

Even in the Zero Swap Method, Soggy I think uses .....
if a chest is worth 5, then 5 is the donation ... anything less won't/shouldn't be
getting anything anyway, therefore <5 KP is free to the owner, and doesn't
help a poacher who donates 1-2 KP.

Rune poaching is a completely different can of worms.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Even in the Zero Swap Method, Soggy I think uses .....
if a chest is worth 5, then 5 is the donation ... anything less won't/shouldn't be
getting anything anyway, therefore <5 KP is free to the owner, and doesn't
help a poacher who donates 1-2 KP.
Yup.
Rune poaching is a completely different can of worms.
I wonder how big an issue this is. It's certainly a "problem" that could very easily be solved with communication since advanced players don't care about 95% of runes at all ( only the very last wonders they unlocked matter)
E.G. If anyone wants a rune let the AM of my FS know and we'll hook you up with as many as you want for free.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wonder how big an issue this is. It's certainly a "problem" that could very easily be solved with communication since advanced players don't care about 95% of runes at all ( only the very last wonders they unlocked matter)

It mattered a lot more in the old days when people built every AW, meaning they did not have the throwaway AWs they could use to break shards. But that the majority of players do not build the garbage AWs, there is always that alternate source for broken shards to fill the rune wheels of just unlocked AWs. I guess it also made a difference to some players when Inno changed it so that you only got rune shards from the tournament, etc for AWs you had researched. So the only way to get rune shards for locked AWs is to help people with those AWs.

defiantoneks

if your FS contributes so poorly to each others AW that an interloper gets a chest with 1-2 points then you have far more to worry about.
even in the "shout out" style, if you leave enough pts open for people to realistically contribute, the problem is solved. if you're filling your own AW to the point where your FS members can only add 1 each, you're the one screwing them, not the interloper.

so, watch your progress, and do your swaps and give your FS peeps opportunity. with 25 people on a team and everyone with several AW there's no way they will know who's doing what on each one without communication.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don’t hate it either. I teehee when I see an interloper that thinks he will snipe a chest away from my hyperactive fellows with just 1KP bc we do pile ons.

Sometimes I get a lot, like 20 and even 50s though. Then I will go return the KPs. Often times, I discover they don’t have any wonders for me to return some KPs to bc they are in early chapter. I’ll drop a msg instead to say thanks and learn they were just thanking me for taking their trades. :)

DeletedUser27062

You can limit access to most of your chests if you want to.
Instead of having a bunch of wonders open, have only one open at a time. Leave the others full and ready to upgrade until you save enough AW kp to fill them up again. You hit upgrade, speed it up, refill it and let it sit until you can fill it again... It takes a long time to ever fill the open one, a few loose kp at a time.
This 'fix' boggles my mind. In an effort to prevent somebody getting a chest the idea is to fill it yourself and waste the free KP sitting in chests?

It reminds me of this miserable git who used to sit in his car for up to 40 minutes to use up his parking metre fare because he didn't want anyone getting 'his' 40 minutes.

For anyone wanting chests for 1kp come visits my cities and take all you want. Same goes for Tartaros cities too.

Lyinaral

For those in my FS it isn't a problem, when we have an outsider that just puts 1 kp on a AW, we simply ask our FS members to help put them to the bottom, which we do, problem solved.

DeletedUser30612

I also dont hate it. My FS does swap threads so I am used to getting zero free kp on my chests. 1 is more than zero.

In a bid to upgrade my AW in beta being in orc chapter I’m giving my chests away for very small amounts to upgrade faster. I generally don’t have the kp to do the swap threads on a daily basis and everyone puts in 50 at a time not feasible with AW at low levels to get all the chests taken that way.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In a bid to upgrade my AW in beta being in orc chapter I’m giving my chests away for very small amounts to upgrade faster. I generally don’t have the kp to do the swap threads on a daily basis and everyone puts in 50 at a time not feasible with AW at low levels to get all the chests taken that way.

Since you are in Beta, you have seen the new system for using excess rune shards. Anyone using one that matches your AW will give you 15 KP, so 10 shards from someone would be a quick 150 KP into your early chapter AWs.