• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

DeletedUser30612

Yup, I saw I tried offering up a close AW for people in the fellowship to try after I did the aw swap to test it out. Got no takers the first person to claim the second chest, the first went the aw swap, valued the chest at 5 kp so the rest was taken for less.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I've mostly stayed out of this because
1st We've discussed it before
2nd It isn't cheating
3rd Why whine about free kp
4th There's no way Inno is going to put a stop to it since it is the sort of neighborly help they actually try to encourage

but

I had to comment on this vvvv

You can limit access to most of your chests if you want to.
Instead of having a bunch of wonders open, have only one open at a time. Leave the others full and ready to upgrade until you save enough AW kp to fill them up again. You hit upgrade, speed it up, refill it and let it sit until you can fill it again... It takes a long time to ever fill the open one, a few loose kp at a time.

You are seriously so bothered by someone putting one kp on your AW that you will let several AWs sitting there not giving you full benefit?
By any chance is your city named "You can't mess with my AWs neener neener neener"?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I hate to break it to you but deliberately denying another player an advantage is very much PvP.
Exactly! Deliberately choosing to give them 1 or 2 kp for a chest when you could give them more is very much PvP.

You are seriously so bothered by someone putting one kp on your AW that you will let several AWs sitting there not giving you full benefit?
By any chance is your city named "You can't mess with my AWs neener neener neener"?

It's not just the one kp. There's plenty of other hijinks going on with people's wonders. Players who enjoy all that should carry on. I'm busy doing other stuff. :cool:

*I actually like that city name but it's too many letters.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't see this as poaching. I often visit and take trades from new cities that can't return the favor and they give me a kp in an ancient wonder.... I look at it as participation. Sometimes it's all a city can do
I did that when I was new, and I almost left the game because of one who accused me of being a jerk. I honestly couldn't understand why until I came to the forum. I wasn't the jerk. He was.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I did that when I was new, and I almost left the game because of one who accused me of being a jerk. I honestly couldn't understand why until I came to the forum. I wasn't the jerk. He was.

And it is nowhere really explained to newer players how the AWs, and donating to them really works. One day you can't do it and then suddenly you can, right after you complete your first AW research. I have never once sent a message to someone who tossed only one or two KP into one of my AWs, but I know that when it comes from someone I have not even discovered yet, that it is one of the nasty players, not a new player who is close to me.

Darielle

To me it is cheating in a morality sense. Taking advantage of situation because someone didn't factor in people being shitty to get a free chest is wrong. its like the kid who always grabs all the candy out of a dish when theres a sign that says please just take one. I know nothing will ever come of this because lets face it most people don't care anyway but the forum said I could post this so I did. I respect your opinion I just don't agree
They aren't grabbing all the candy. They're taking one very low level chest. It's like the kid who takes the smallest piece of chocolate and leaves all the bigger pieces for the rest. If by some chance they get a higher level chest, it is because you are in serious need of fellowship members/friends to help you out. If you don't have them, then that person has done absolutely nothing to hurt you. He's just saved you a kp.

There are so many things in life to worry about. This is so low that it doesn't register on the radar for most folks. Being so afraid that someone is going to get more than they deserve, especially when it comes to something so trivial as a game chest, is sad. If they were taking your last piece of food to feed your family, I'd feel differently. This may be mildly annoying if you are certain that the person is not new (if they are, I usually thank them and say hi) but it's nothing to ask the devs to change, in my opinion. But then, mine isn't the only opinion in the world, so anyone is free to get worked up about it if they wish. I'd rather get worked up about climate change.

Iyapo1

I'd rather get worked up about climate change.
I would much rather get worked up about what is happening to the chests on my wonders than get into a lather about something I can not change at all, like climate change. Waste of energy there.

Darielle

I would much rather get worked up about what is happening to the chests on my wonders than get into a lather about something I can not change at all, like climate change. Waste of energy there.
I think that's what most people are doing, but they aren't going for sarcasm. Well, as they say, don't look up, lol.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I cannot believe this thread has over a thousand views. In the scheme of things, is this really that big an issue? It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Yall are discussing 1 and 2 KP distributions!

This is a game with bare minimum PvP, but the type of people who enjoy PvP will find ways to grief other players, including running around the world map and throwing a single KP into a bunch of random AWs, just to get their jollies over knowing at least some of those players are going to be raging over it. This is not about a player tossing a single KP into a single AW, this is about the jerk player who does this to several AWs on multiple players who they are not neighbors with. There was one who did this regularly to some of mine, but after the big move, they became a neighbor of mine and their asshattery magically stopped.

Obviously with over a thousand views it is indeed that big of an issue.

Or a bunch of newer forum members have no clue what a poacher even is in the game. lol