• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Someone announced there was an interloper on another fellow’s wonder that we were about to all pile-on. Turns out, this deep pocket interloper dropped 100KPs where max reward chest was 60kp. We didn’t get mad. Mostly, we were all like, “Dang, come interlope on my wonder anytime and drop Benjamin’s!” We decided to let her stay on one of the lower chests. She prob desperately wanted a rune.

DeletedUser27062

I did that when I was new, and I almost left the game because of one who accused me of being a jerk. I honestly couldn't understand why until I came to the forum. I wasn't the jerk. He was.
Yep I've been the bad guy for putting too little, too much or even dropping at all.

DeletedUser27062

I don't know about the others, but I have said many times that if someone is actually helping, and not poaching, do the nice thing and put in at least 5 KP. Even the last chest gives back at least 5 KP, so that as a minimum has always felt fair to me.
If I'm dropping to a new neighbour and can't figure out if they're in a net0 fs then I leave a fiver because I know I won't lose KP. I never drop less than 5 for anything but the bottom chest which I'll put 1kp on. A top chest gets 1/2 to 3/4 of its value if they're a trusted city but I'm not going to drop 20-30 KP only to be pushed off the whole thing.
From the conversation here it's safe to say there's no way to avoid upsetting some ppl unless I forego KP hunting which I'm not about to do. If someone msgs me and explicitly says 'get off the grass' I will.

StarLoad

No offense to anyone, but, if a random player puts 1 KP on your AW do you lose anything? No, you don't so WHO is hurt by this? Your fellow FS mates are only "hurt" if they place 1 or less and if you only left 1 kp to fill the AW ... Well, that is obviously your fault.

Sorry, but there is no need for this.

Ed

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
No offense to anyone, but, if a random player puts 1 KP on your AW do you lose anything? No, you don't so WHO is hurt by this? Your fellow FS mates are only "hurt" if they place 1 or less and if you only left 1 kp to fill the AW ... Well, that is obviously your fault.

Sorry, but there is no need for this.

Ed
My point exactly this is only an issue if your fellows are such a cheapskates that they are not willing to help you out without a profit.

LadyMiska

Oh and in the 2 years I have played this game none of the poachers were ever friends... Which is the whole point of my post

I have the same Issue; with non-Friend Neighbors just dropping 1 KP on my AWs and I've been playing for Fiver Years now and it's always from people I don't know or trade with. In one world I've stopped using the 'favorite' AW tag on the AW I'm working on and just alert my FS in the Chat what I will be working on next.

For Inno to implement a 'Friends List' should not be a huge problem for them, since this mechanic is already used in one of their Other Games - Forge of Empires. The ONLY Issue I could see with a 'Friends List' here in Elvenar is if there was a "Friend's List Limit' where one could only have so many 'Friends'. At this moment, I AID nearly 100 cities per day; FS and Neighbors in two worlds.

Since we're not restricted in Elvenar to 'a Neighborhood in each World for Contacts/Aiding' as in Forge of Empires and only being limited by the number of other players we 'Discover', I'd say any 'Friends List' in Elvenar would likely have to allow for 'Unlimited Friends' to accommodate players that Scout Often/Regularly. Other than that, I don't see implementing a Friends List as being a huge problem to implement here.

In fact, a 'Friends List' would be VERY HELPFUL for those times when our cities are 'Moved On The Map' so it doesn't 'break' Contacts we have established. One of my cities was MOVED at the end of last year and I lost over 30 Contacts I had been Aiding Daily for YEARS. :(

LadyMiska

You have not, you just stated that "everyone hates it"

Without specifics on how this is a bad thing, or detrimental to the game or your progress, the developers not only will not consider it, there is 0 chance I can get the idea past the first tier of voting.

If players are only donating 1 KP and getting an Ancient Knowledge 3 or more out of that pittance of a Donation then they are Profiting for nearly Nothing. This, I believe, is the overall Issue. Some might even consider it Exploitation.

Katarax

I’ve honestly never saw the harm in those who put just 1 point in on mine. It doesn’t take anything away from me and I get free kp out of it, so them getting a profit in return doesn’t bother me. I don’t so much care about someone’s motives - whether they’re putting a point in as a thank you or are just rune/kp hunting - it doesn’t have any impact on me other than having to spend less kp on a wonder in the end, and I’d prefer the chests not go to waste anyway since that’s what they’re there for - to encourage donation. I understand this isn’t everyone’s viewpoint, but that’s just my two cents.

Zoof

I like to think of it like raccoons digging around in someone's trash can. Sure there's a little effort involved and maybe the entire street gets a fine coating of everyone's week-old leftovers and napkins, but gosh darn it those delicious treasures were going to go to the landfill anyway!

Okay. I can see how this might get a little annoying but just let 'em have it. Or if not, try to seal it up by loading all the treasures down to start.

But whatever you do, don't go out of your way to feed the raccoons or you'll end up with this:
Unless you want that sorta thing. I wouldn't blame you if you did

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm with you Muckster. I don't understand the issue with other players... the issue lies with the fellowship and why they are allowing one person to get a good chest for 1 kp.... Anyway ... I am in awe of the fact that this thread is still going after the last time I looked.

Hey y'all can come and KP bomb any of my AW's any time you want... I will not complain. I promise

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
This 'fix' boggles my mind. In an effort to prevent somebody getting a chest the idea is to fill it yourself and waste the free KP sitting in chests?

It reminds me of this miserable git who used to sit in his car for up to 40 minutes to use up his parking metre fare because he didn't want anyone getting 'his' 40 minutes.

For anyone wanting chests for 1kp come visits my cities and take all you want. Same goes for Tartaros cities too.
I love this analogy, I think it's a fair assesment of the type of people how hate getting KP and see them as poachers.
The idea that someone can benefit from your work and the adversary agains it is just mindboggling.

Iyapo1

lol i saw a guy a couple of days ago at the gas station sit and wait for his air pump timer to expire then drive off vs letting the next car use any of his air
I have actually done this. I had some guy pull up behind me as I was putting quarters in the machine. When I got to my second tire he actually got out of his car and ask me, in a disapproving and impatient tone, "How much longer are you going to take?".

I did not pull out until my time was up. I was definitely being a donkey, but he started it.