• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poaching of players should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Ahhh yes good old coffee creamer … fire fire !!
Like gun powder … fun fun fun :p

73BB9E20-39CC-4B90-89BA-84069CDF9261.jpeg

Taku Subway

For poached eggs I crack my egg into a small glass bowl with a smooth lip. I use barely simmering water, and then stir it to make a little whirlpool. You know, just like the FA pit. Slide the egg from the bowl into it's nice warm whirlpool and the motion helps the whites cling to the yolk. Mine still aren't brunch restaurant pretty, but that's given me the best results so far.
The fresher the egg the better. Bottom to plate.

Zoof

Team Zojirushi here! As the resident confused chef of The Anthill™, yesterday, we discussed my culinary faux paus of using my rice cooker to make pancakes. You're welcome! I'm here all day for more tips on how to never have to cook for other people again.

Oh, and my stove and I don't get along real well either. I'm more just a fan of the fire part. Buddy and I did learn the other day from fellow ants about how flammable coffee creamer is though. They make very impressive fireballs, like up there with trying to deep fry your Thanksgiving turkey.

My college years were fun. While this article might be newer, the technique I was taught was a... well. I was also told that the particular brand of creamer used in these creations, Cremora, was a popular kind served in prison. Didn't actually fact-check that one but it made far too much sense to me. The version I was taught involved burying a 16oz tin can filled with 90% Cremora as the top layer and 10% black powder on the bottom layer, with a spark plug ignition drilled into the side and into the black powder, connected with a long wire. Because you don't want to be anywhere near the thing when it sets off.

Never actually did it, but I considered it. Would've been a most excellent way of poaching followers from RL fellowships during Independence Day.

Siorse

I’d hire a chef in a heartbeat but I don’t eat enough to make it worthwhile
Personal chef for hire Seattle and surrounding areas.
No problem with how little you eat as I charge by the meal
I can cook vegan, GF, kosher and everything in between!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think I need a rice cooker
In SEA the rice capital of the world everyone* uses a rice cooker. From the fanciest restaurants to people in tiny fishing villages.
*anyone with electricity.

Add 1 cup of rinsed rice, 1 cup + 2-3 TBSP water, press "on"
Doesn't get simpler than that.

The best part is that it comes out exactly the same every time, so once you get your desired "fluffiness" (the 2-3 TBSP of water choice) you're set. Rice in different pots, at slightly different temperatures with the room at slightly different temps and different lengths of time all make for too many variables.

elvenbee

Another good tip for rice - if you like sticky rice, don't wash your rice before cooking it. However, if you don't like sticky rice, wash it beforehand a few times to remove the excess starch.

Lady Chessa

I honestly think that private email solicitation of players that are already in an existing fellowship should not be accepted and any player that does this should be banned. It is not only disruptive to the team but disrespectful and annoying. Specially when it's an Ambassador or Archmage that is doing the soliciting by way of flattery and deception. If a player wishes to leave and look for a different fellowship by their own accord then that should be respected but for someone else knowing that the player is in an active fellowship and still seeking to disrupt that fellowship with such a deceptive and sneaky act should be banned from the game. It takes a lot of hard work and hours of dedication in a fellowship to to become a family and team that is helping each other push forward and grow. So many events that the team prepares for to be able to make a fellowship function properly. No one needs the annoyance of others coming in with deception to disruptive all the hard work the team has put in. Not Acceptable.
I agree with you. I've had players in other fs try to lure me away from my fellowship. I tell them no, in no uncertain terms, and that I find their practice despicable, and I tell them not to contact me again, for any reason. I had an Archmage from a different fellowship message me and say that they really liked my scores and the fact that I have all magical residences and workshops. and how they really wanted me to join them and start giving them my higher number of rounds in the tourneys and top the spire for them every week. And give all my daily visits to them. I made it clear that I would not ever consider joining their fellowship. Thankfully, they never contacted me again.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Another good tip for rice - if you like sticky rice, don't wash your rice before cooking it. However, if you don't like sticky rice, wash it beforehand a few times to remove the excess starch.
I live in the 3rd largest rice exporting country in the world, and much of it is dried on the pavement. Usually on a tarp, but not always.
I, like many others, sometimes get "trapped" on my side street with no choice but to drive over that rice on my motorbike using the same tires that ran over dog poop.
I recommend always washing your rice.

Sprite1313

I live in the 3rd largest rice exporting country in the world, and much of it is dried on the pavement. Usually on a tarp, but not always.
I, like many others, sometimes get "trapped" on my side street with no choice but to drive over that rice on my motorbike using the same tires that ran over dog poop.
Ewww… thanks for that image, Soggy.
4C2E849D-0E6D-498F-B66E-18EB61C19C0F.jpeg
:p

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not to say washing rice doesn't have other benefits, but if we think too much about food we'd never eat anything. I have a pretty high squick--tolerance for things I know are going to be at or above the boiling pointfor more than 10 minutes. I think people who are afraid of what's on rice before it is cooked should never eat at a restaurant.

Siorse

I think people who are afraid of what's on rice before it is cooked should never eat at a restaurant.
I think people who are afraid of ANY contamination in their food should never eat at restaurants.
Having been in food service in everything from QSRs to fine dining I can tell you that some people should never be allowed near anyone else's food.
It's amazing how many people think that the "5 second rule" is actually a thing and not just a joke...
Hand sanitizer replaces hand washing...
If you're wearing gloves it's ok to handle cash and go back to handling food without changing them...
Bacteria won't start growing in food until AFTER 4 hours...
I could go on but I won't.
It's downright disturbing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even setting restaurants aside, life is pretty disturbing. It's basically a long, slow, game of six-shooter-roulette, hoping your parts or will to continue wear out before something else gets you. We are where we are because the millions of generations before us weeded out all the living things who couldn't take most of it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I agree with you. I've had players in other fs try to lure me away from my fellowship. I tell them no, in no uncertain terms, and that I find their practice despicable, and I tell them not to contact me again, for any reason. I had an Archmage from a different fellowship message me and say that they really liked my scores and the fact that I have all magical residences and workshops. and how they really wanted me to join them and start giving them my higher number of rounds in the tourneys and top the spire for them every week. And give all my daily visits to them. I made it clear that I would not ever consider joining their fellowship. Thankfully, they never contacted me again.
The people who have been on the game a long time and more importantly, who understand both sides of the issue, would never react like that. One-sided points of view, especially extreme ones like calling the email from the archmage who paid you a compliment "despicable", are usually the sign of an uninformed player. Try archmaging for a top 50 fellowship some day, and your attitude towards hard-working archmages would mellow, I believe. She was not despicable, and I find your comment far more rude than anything she did. (I also find it extremely hard to believe that she would have asked you to "give all daily visits to them.")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.