• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

POC Inspired Avatars Options

Do you think we should have more Avatar options inspired by POC?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Idc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Selamta

Hello!

Currently, new players can choose from 24 Avatars. For Human cities: lots of Caucasian Human options, 1 African-American male, 1 POC looking female and some other types (no clear race). For Elven Cities, clearly they are all blue... but pretty heavily inspired by Caucasian features.

I'm asking for some diversity! :)Let's have more options that include African-American women and other POC inspired Avatars! I think 6-8 more mixed in would be great.

***This is a suggestion for a SIMPLE change! NOT the ability to personalize an avatar by changing skin tone...ect which will probably be a lot of work. NOT posting your own pic.***
Just adding generic options inspired by POC (like the AA avatar that we already have)! :)

Pros: As a female POC, choosing between a group of caucasian options or 1 male AA made me feel immediately uncomfortable and alienated. Let's make people feel welcome!

A simple change that can go a long way!

Aritra

@Selamta
I like your forum avatar, btw. It's very captivating. Mesmerizing. Difficult to look at directly for more than a second or two as I find myself reluctant to look away. It's an unusual reaction (for me), but good, so I thought I'd share my appreciation with you.

Gath Of Baal

I agree and disagree at the same time.

Instead of just trying to represent Black Women, POC and getting it changed for the better just for them, why not try and influence a positive change for all groups.

Because the way i read your post is that you only care about color and nothing else

Instead of making hundreds or even thousands of new avatars to represent every group type what is needed is an in game avatar customization tool

Again I am not against you , because I do agree with what you are trying to do, I'm just thinking about everyone being included with a positive change.

Side note: there are no Asian Male or Female starting avatars either. I am an Asian Male and would also like to have the choice

Edited: to read less jerkish :p

Last edited:

Aritra

Instead of just trying to represent Black Women and getting it changed for the better just for 1 group, instead all groups represented.
Because the way i read your post is that you only care about 1 group and no other.
Her request was fueled by her personal association but it clearly was not limited to that. She explicitly stated that there was a need for diversity, not only the one she identified with.
(I interpreted "other POC" as non-caucasian. Maybe I misinterpreted... but I don't think so.)
In reality, it is not realistic to be completely inclusive as there is far more diversity than is practical for avatar choices. I support the additions, but there will always be someone left out. The secondary "fight" will be over which to include (thereby which to exclude). That is a difficult choice. I support the endeavor, however.
I do believe the intent is good and is presented for the appreciation of a far wider audience than only herself.

Gath Of Baal

Her request was fueled by her personal association but it clearly was not limited to that. She explicitly stated that there was a need for diversity, not only the one she identified with.
(I interpreted "other POC" as non-caucasian. Maybe I misinterpreted... but I don't think so.)
In reality, it is not realistic to be completely inclusive as there is far more diversity than is practical for avatar choices. I support the additions, but there will always be someone left out. The secondary "fight" will be over which to include (thereby which to exclude). That is a difficult choice. I support the endeavor, however.
I do believe the intent is good and is presented for the appreciation of a far wider audience than only herself.

Yes i applaud her effort to change the game for the better and i am with her in her attempt to bring attention to somethings that should be addressed.

But again instead of adding avatars

A way needs to implemented to either make your own avatar using an in game tool selecting from many different options to fully customize an avatar to a persons liking

or

A way of customizing existing avatars

this way no group is left out

Last edited: