• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

polar bear evolution glitch?

Aritra

I've discovered something odd about my polar bear and I'm hoping someone can explain it. I'm going to attempt to explain the oddity without attaching multiple screenshot pics, so bear with me...

My polar bear is a stage one, never evolved. (I don't recall how or where I received it, but I picked it up at some point and have been appreciating its coin output. It hasn't been evolved because I received it after the event was over so I had no artifacts.) I plan to use artifacts from moon bear event to evolve it a bit so it produces even more coins.

The evolve tab shows what the stats are for each evolution. The odd thing is that it appears I've been receiving an output of a stage three bear, though the evolution tab shows stage two to be my next evolve (once available, it's greyed out now). So, when I evolve next, will I begin receiving fewer coins (due to a possible glitch somewhere)?
That would be disappointing because it will take four moon bear artifacts just to get my polar bear to produce what it already has been for several months (no increase).
[And if an error, the game had better not take back the overpayment--it was their mistake; don't take my gold!]

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I wish I knew the answer for you. The most I can say is, good luck! I hope fortune favors you.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The glitch is a complicated one since it all depends on how they compute the coins. There are multiple ways they could. Here are, in my opinion, the two most likely. They could look at the timer and when looked to collect, calculate based upon the percent of time passed and the maximum amount of coins. So if the maximum coins is higher than it is supposed to be, you would get more coins. Or they could set the rate of coin production without regard to the maximum and if the rate of production is higher than it should be you will, again, get more coins. So it's either the rate of production or the maximum that is probably off. And that's the easy part.

When it comes to evolving then, they can either raise the rate of production or they can raise the maximum. They say they are going to do both but which is dependent upon which? Do they calculate the rate by dividing the maximum by the amount of time, or do they set the maximum by multiplying the rate time the amount of time? Either should result in the same number, however, when they evolve, do they change the rate of production by some formula (which would very easily keep you in the bonus league since they would begin with the current rate of production and move it up) or do they look up a chart and see what the next maximum level is and put that in, which would mean they would then calculate the rate of production based upon the new maximum. And if that new maximum, in the chart, might very well be less than your current (errant) maximum, resulting in your rate of production being lowered. Sigh.

My personal belief, -- my guess, if you will -- is that they have a chart and look up the maximum and calculate the rate of production. But that's only a guess. If you do evolve the building do let us know what happened.

Thanks,

AJ

Aritra

@ajqtrz I don't really understand all the calculations here. The stats of the current bear at stage one when I hover the mouse clearly shows how many coins will be accumulated at the end of a specific hour period. Same for the stat pages for evolutions. My stat screen when I hover over the one placed shows the same quantity accumulated at specific hour cycle as the stage three stats. In the first hour of production, it produced 362 which is the per hour production listed for stage three.

My concern is 1) evolving to stage two, as the evolve screen indicates is next, will result with what stage two stats show, which is less than I currently produce, and 2) will the game try to take back coins? (this is lesser concern, thinking it unlikely, I'll be extra unhappy if that happens).

If evolving it to stage two will result in fewer coins, then I'm wasting four moon bear artifacts to gain nothing. I really wanted to evolve him to get more coins, but its looking like probable scenario is no gain to be acquired (with temporary loss). I just wish I knew for sure what will happen so I don't waste my artifacts. It *is* a worthy cause (I do believe) *if* it evolves to produce more.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 4646370

Do you have a culture bonus active ? I think the coin production is affected by culture bonus, but the stats displayed for the various levels don't take it into account.

Aritra

@PaNonymeB I don't think so. It appears to be its standard production. Hasn't varied that I've ever seen (always recognized the number I was seeing float away upon collecting as the number from when I started).

Kekune

My polar bear is affected by culture bonus. It's giving me 1.7 times the coins listed, because my culture bonus is at 170%. I agree this is the most likely explanation, unless you're certain you don't have a culture bonus in effect.

Kekune

Look up at (click on? Hover over?) the sun icon on the top information bar where your culture shows. The display is a bit different for browser vs mobile, but it should tell you a percentage. If it says 100% *when you collect* you should get the listed amount. If it says anything greater than 100%, then multiply the listed amount by the percent shown, and that should be what you're collecting.

If you play in browser, you should be able to hover over things that are affected (residences would be an easy one) to see the base output and the amount it's boosted by a bonus. In mobile, I think all you can really see is that the numbers are green which indicates a bonus. I'll try to get a screenshot later if you can't see it from my terrible description, lol.

Aritra

@Kekune I do see the green arrow next to both residences and polar bear. Attached is a screenshot of my culture bonus and what my polar bear is providing. Interesting coincidence if it just happens to result in stage three base output! On the other hand, not that strange if each of the stages go up in specific percentage increments, resulting in that alignment. I'm hoping this is the case so that my evolutions will be fruitful instead of negated.

Sorry about the size... it asked for full image or thumbnail and I didn't know if thumbnail would be readable after it went through, so full size it is to err on the side of caution...

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.33.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.33.50 PM.png

Kekune

Yup, I think that's it. You're expecting 13920 x 1.25 = 17400. So the culture bonus explains it, no glitch. :) As you evolve it, that same bonus (assuming you maintain it) will apply to the new base output and you'll get more coins.

Aritra

Do you have a culture bonus active ? I think the coin production is affected by culture bonus, but the stats displayed for the various levels don't take it into account.
Looks like you were right, onto something. I didn't understand what you were trying to suggest. Thanks

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Culture bonus will impact coin and supplies production from residences, workshops, and from all magic buildings, including evolving buildings. It does not affect production from ancient wonders such as Golden Abyss,