• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(POLL) Why do you visit on World map?

Will the change to the LH/BS change how often you visit neighbors?

• No, I don't have a LH/BS

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • No, I just visit my FS and those that visit me anyways.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No, I do extra visits because of the coins, not the goods.

• Somewhat, my motivation for doing extra visits is for both goods and coins.

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Yes, I my major motivation for visiting those that haven't visited me is the goods.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • You lied about the cake again!

• Total voters

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There is a change to the Lighthouse/Bellspire on Beta where you get 10x the goods, but only from visit chests. This is the equivalent of doing 30 total visits a day, so anyone with a LH/BS that normally does 31+ visits a day will get fewer goods.

Will this change effect how often you do visits on your world map?

Note: If you do more than 30 visits and have a LH/BS this will obviously mean you get fewer goods.
The question is, will you do fewer visits because of it?

Edit: Full disclosure, I don't have a LH or BS in any of my cities, so the change won't effect me directly, but less players doing visits effects everyone to some degree.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
At least 4 times a week I've been visiting all 120. And I most frequently do it to accumulate goods to top up quests (for gain 4000 goods, because 4x3 hour productions gives me 3924). This will be a screw -over on multiple fronts.

DeletedUser

This doesn't affect me ye, but it will eventually. It won't stop me from doing neighborly visits, because I only visit certain neighbors anyway. Those that always have good trades, those that pick up my trades, and those with the cities I find the most attractive, as well as those who aid me. So the limit of three chests doesn't bother me, really. I'll still visit the people I visit now, regardless.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I really want the cake, stop lying! And my opinion about this (have read the beta forums and get the general gist of the changes) can be taken with more than a grain of salt as 1. I haven't built the LH yet and 2. My primary reason for wanting to build the LH is the pretty cliff backdrop. That said, my visiting patterns are such that I would experience a severe reduction in goods received. I visit FS members and neighbors who appear in notifications (whether for visits or trading) daily. That is usually way over 30 because I was moved to a very good, active neighborhood in July. I was so excited at first that I visited everyone on the map daily for a week. I am 2/3 of the way through dwarves now, still have a few provinces to scout to be at the number required for fairies, and generally make a round of visiting the entire map 2-3 times/week. I can see this being less the more provinces scouted. I'm already playing with the idea of doing half the map every other day or 2. Because I like the extra kp I get with excess coins and have not had the LH to get used to the extra goods, I don't know that it will make a huge difference in my visiting behavior. But it does seem unfair to make those types of reductions to an existing feature that many players have invested time, space and resources to develop based on the rewards offered for that investment. I am beginning to sense a lack of respect for the effort and investment of the company's existing long-term customer base in many of their new offerings.

DeletedUser2768

I built the Lighthouse and Bell Tower for the small boost in goods. If I'm only going to get that boost by searching for those damn little chests, then I guess I'll have some more room in my cities for some other AW. I refuse to search everyone's cities for those damn chests. I spend enough time visiting my Fellowship and Neighbors.

DeletedUser7370

Since your poll did not really have an option that matched me, I went for the cake, and then was mad to find none.

I built my LH for the bonus of goods. I currently do about 100 visits per day getting 45 goods per visit (4500 per day). It is fairly normal for me to do 5 runs of 3 hours per factory each day for a total of about 6500 goods per factory. This meant the LH was nearly equivalent to a factory and has nearly the same footprint. With the changes it would only produce 1350 goods per day, which makes it a total waste of space.

I am not interested in the additional time on culture helps since I never want culture helps in my city. If this change goes live I will sell my LH and figure a good use for the extra space. I will continue to do the same visits because I do them for coins. Each KP now costs me over 750K coins, and visiting everyone I can supplies enough to buy 3 KP per day.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since your poll did not really have an option that matched me, I went for the cake, and then was mad to find none.
I'm curious as to the reasoning behind such change?
Yeah, this was the reason I made the poll. On beta they said
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.
Some may say they would have fewer reasons to do NH, but in fact, the majority of players is not doing NH for these rewards, but to actually help their fellowship members and neighbors.
Personally I feel that is a ridiculous statement since visiting 80 abandoned cities only benefits the player doing the visits, and I haven't seen anything even resembling a poll that the devs did in order to know what any players motives actually are.
Also what is a "vast majority"? To me that sounds like 80%+ but we can at least assume it's 50%+1
I just don't think that more than half of active players with the lighthouse get 3 chests a day, but do fewer than 30 visits.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9247

Personally I feel that is a ridiculous statement since visiting 80 abandoned cities only benefits the player doing the visits, and I haven't seen anything even resembling a poll that the devs did in order to know what any players motives actually are.
Also what is a "vast majority"? To me that sounds like 80%+ but we can at least assume it's 50%+1
I just don't think that more than half of active players with the lighthouse get 3 chests a day, but do fewer than 30 visits.
What worries me is that it's a next little bit of control over my game that is being taken away from me. Now it is my decision how much do I gain. On average yes I will not bother to do much more than 30 (FS plus active neighbors) but when I make a dent in my supply I can go flying through the neighborhood and get about 12K goods. I want to have choices- that's what makes a medium interactive.
The explanation they give sounds atrocious coming from a developer:
Inno said:
" we are to lazy/stupid to track our systems so we're making it a better experience for us, you just push buttons as you're told"

DeletedUser6219

This will actually benefit me. I do my FS visits; the most I get from that is 24 - on average though I am in smaller FS so 10-20 visits per day for those. Then I visit MAYBE 4-6 people that are neighbors who also visit me. So instead of getting 14-30 times for my CL I will now get 30 times for each city. I realize I am the exception when it comes to this change and not the norm. This will actually encourage me to build my CL in my small FS where there is only 6 of us (all real life friends) as I never saw the advantage to having it with so few people I visit in that city.

DeletedUser7370

So instead of getting 14-30 times for my CL I will now get 30 times for each city.
If I understood Soggy correctly the CL reward will now be in the 3 chests you get each day randomly during visits. The amount of the award is being increased about 10x what it was so the total result is that it is equivalent to what a player doing 30 visits per day currently gets.

By your description of your activity you will benefit a little or break even.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If I visit my fellowship I am getting only a bit less than three chests x10, just 5-10 visits on the world map thereafter, which is less than the number of outsiders that help me. I would be doing 30 visits anyway if the chests were given the reward, so all the extra visiting I do would now be just for coin which does not seem to be as great a motivation as the goods. 30 visits worth of goods is a really low number. But I think the central issue that Inno is dealing with is that the lighthouse/bellspire is producing goods roughly proportional to the square of the number of provinces completed. As you progress further and further this amount will have better long term performance with regards to what mountain halls would make.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6219

If I understood Soggy correctly the CL reward will now be in the 3 chests you get each day randomly during visits. The amount of the award is being increased about 10x what it was so the total result is that it is equivalent to what a player doing 30 visits per day currently gets.

By your description of your activity you will benefit a little or break even.

Correct, but before let's say City X only has 15 people (So 14 I can visit) in my FS and I visit 3 neighbors; then I would only get 17 "hits" on my CL. Now with the new changes; as long as I get my 3 chests through those 17 visits... I will get 30 "hits" on my CL. Like I said; I am the exception to the rule as this will always increase the number of "hits" I get to my CL as I never visit more than 30 people. Heck I barely have time to do visits on my 4 cities as it is; could not imagine visiting 100+ people on each city.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Correct, but before let's say City X only has 15 people (So 14 I can visit) in my FS and I visit 3 neighbors; then I would only get 17 "hits" on my CL. Now with the new changes; as long as I get my 3 chests through those 17 visits... I will get 30 "hits" on my CL. Like I said; I am the exception to the rule as this will always increase the number of "hits" I get to my CL as I never visit more than 30 people. Heck I barely have time to do visits on my 4 cities as it is; could not imagine visiting 100+ people on each city.

In other words

this change is designed to profit bad neighbors

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As Muckster said.

I try to help every neighbor every day (in practice, it's about 4 times a week), because I don't have time to analyze them, so I never know when one of them is a new player who's decision to continue or not might be based on a neighbor helping them a few times. If all i'm getting is coins I'm going to have to dump, that's a different calculation.

DeletedUser6219

In other words

this change is designed to profit bad neighbors

Excuse me? I visit every neighbor that visits me... I said as much in my initial post. I already have to spend 1mil+ at the wholesaler every day because I have too much coin. Why would I waste my time visiting people who do not visit me...so I can spend more coin at the wholesaler? I would rather spend my time being productive and socializing with members in my FS. I don't have hours upon hours to be visiting 100+ people in each city for absolutely no reason. If you NEED to visit that many neighbors to play the game... you may want to re-evaluate your city and figure out why you don't make enough coin on your own. I play this game to relax from my busy schedule (work and finishing my 2nd Master's degree) and I make sure to visit every neighbor that visits me on top of everyone in my FS.
And on a side note; unlike almost all my neighbors who do visit me...I always click what a person asks for... but you see most of my bad neighbors value quantity over quality and just click the MH because it allows them to be in and out in 2 seconds so they can visit 100+ people a day.