• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(POLL) Why do you visit on World map?

Will the change to the LH/BS change how often you visit neighbors?

• No, I don't have a LH/BS

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • No, I just visit my FS and those that visit me anyways.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • No, I do extra visits because of the coins, not the goods.

• Somewhat, my motivation for doing extra visits is for both goods and coins.

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Yes, I my major motivation for visiting those that haven't visited me is the goods.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • You lied about the cake again!

• Total voters

DeletedUser7370

spend 1mil+ at the wholesaler every day
What do you do with all the goods? Do you use them to cater in the tournament? If you do then perhaps you would like to think about spending the coins directly on knowledge points rather than indirectly.
in each city
That is the big difference for me. I have only 1 city and happily visit 100 people everyday. It used to be slow, but then I was forced to change my browser to Chromium and the speed jumped way up. I have always tried to click on what people want, and even take the time to try to find the best culture in their city when they ask for culture. I have memorized most of my neighbors cities enough that it is a very short process.
If you NEED to visit that many neighbors to play the game... you may want to re-evaluate your city and figure out why you don't make enough coin on your own.
I visit that many because I want to progress rapidly. I spend the coins on KP. I only ever buy goods with coins when it is a shortcut on an event quest. The wholesaler return rate is too low and 1 factory in each tier is adequate to produce all the goods I need. Currently KP costs me over 750K coins each, with 4 to 6 purchased each day.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Excuse me? I visit every neighbor that visits me... I said as much in my initial post. I already have to spend 1mil+ at the wholesaler every day because I have too much coin. Why would I waste my time visiting people who do not visit me...
Why would they visit you if you don't visit them? Someone's got'ta be first....

A good neighbor helps their neighbors without stopping to check if they were helped first. I help all of mine if I can. If they tend to help back, then I put a little extra time into making sure I help what they'd prefer.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Excuse me? I visit every neighbor that visits me... I said as much in my initial post. I already have to spend 1mil+ at the wholesaler every day because I have too much coin. Why would I waste my time visiting people who do not visit me..

1st How do you know they aren't playing the same as you? "I'm not visiting Jasix because he doesn't visit me"
2nd If it takes you "hours and hours" to do 100 visits, you're doing it wrong. I'm visiting more than twice that every day.
C You seem to assume that the only reason people visit is for coins. That is not true. Personally I have to do two T3 wholesaler dumps when visiting.
IVth People click on something other than what you indicated? Boo Hoo. At least they visit. And there are several reasons someone might click the wrong thing. If you think about other people a bit you might figure those out for yourself.
And 5 Maybe some people don't visit you because they haven't discovered you yet.

DeletedUser6219

What do you do with all the goods? Do you use them to cater in the tournament? If you do then perhaps you would like to think about spending the coins directly on knowledge points rather than indirectly.That is the big difference for me. I have only 1 city and happily visit 100 people everyday. It used to be slow, but then I was forced to change my browser to Chromium and the speed jumped way up. I have always tried to click on what people want, and even take the time to try to find the best culture in their city when they ask for culture. I have memorized most of my neighbors cities enough that it is a very short process.I visit that many because I want to progress rapidly. I spend the coins on KP. I only ever buy goods with coins when it is a shortcut on an event quest. The wholesaler return rate is too low and 1 factory in each tier is adequate to produce all the goods I need. Currently KP costs me over 750K coins each, with 4 to 6 purchased each day.

I use goods for tournaments and to help out FS members; especially newer players. I rarely buy KP; unless it is for an event generally.
Between all my cities - I visit approximately 90-100 people per day.

DeletedUser6219

Why would they visit you if you don't visit them? Someone's got'ta be first....

A good neighbor helps their neighbors without stopping to check if they were helped first. I help all of mine if I can. If they tend to help back, then I put a little extra time into making sure I help what they'd prefer.

I don't have time to do 800 visits a day... that would make the game completely unejoyable to me. I have MAYBE 20-30 mins a day for each city. I would rather spend that time advancing my city and socializing with my FS members. It amazes me how much time some people put into this game... I wish I had half the free time they did. So I choose to spend it with my FS and help those neighbors who trade/visit me.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't have time to do 800 visits a day... that would make the game completely unejoyable to me. I have MAYBE 20-30 mins a day for each city. I would rather spend that time advancing my city and socializing with my FS members. It amazes me how much time some people put into this game... I wish I had half the free time they did. So I choose to spend it with my FS and help those neighbors who trade/visit me.
I doubt I have more free time. But I only have one city.

DeletedUser6219

1st How do you know they aren't playing the same as you? "I'm not visiting Jasix because he doesn't visit me"
2nd If it takes you "hours and hours" to do 100 visits, you're doing it wrong. I'm visiting more than twice that every day.
C You seem to assume that the only reason people visit is for coins. That is not true. Personally I have to do two T3 wholesaler dumps when visiting.
IVth People click on something other than what you indicated? Boo Hoo. At least they visit. And there are several reasons someone might click the wrong thing. If you think about other people a bit you might figure those out for yourself.
And 5 Maybe some people don't visit you because they haven't discovered you yet.

1. That's fine... if they don't want to visit because I don't visit them. I would hate for all my neighbors to visit me because then I would feel the need to visit them back. If that were the case I would have to close at least half of my cities.

2. I already do 100+ visits a day between my FS members and the neighbors who visit me. If I were to visit EVERY neighbor that would be closer to 800 visits a day.. EVEN if each visit only took me 30 seconds (which it doesn't if you actually pay attention and help by clicking what your neighbor has requested) that would be 200 minutes a day or.... 2 hours and 40 minutes. Considering I only have about 3 hours a day I CAN play... that leaves me 20 minutes to socialize, upgrade, trade, arrange my city, recruit, etc etc etc... No thank you. This is a game to relax and have fun with what little free time I do have between work and college.

3. I already do wholesale dumps because I hit max on coins (and very rarely supplies).

(You put this as C in your statement) When someone says they NEED to visit all their neighbors that implies they NEED the coin..or the supplies. Either way if you NEED to visit all of your neighbors; something is lacking in your city.... coin, supplies, goods.

4. If you are going to take the time to visit someone...be respectful and honor their wishes; otherwise the reason for your visit is selfish...just to help yourself and not to help them; so which is it... you are being a good neighbor because you like helping others..or you are being selfish to help yourself. You are not helping me if you click my MH... I don't NEED coin... I need help with culture and my builder. So don't "Boo Hoo" me and tell me to appreciate your selfish behavior when you always click on my MH. FYI When I say "you" I mean general YOU not you; mucksterme. Just don't act like you are doing me (or your neighbor) a favor by visiting and randomly clicking on items ignoring what your neighbor has said they need help with.. you're not helping me.. you're helping yourself.

5. I don't care if someone doesn't visit me because they haven't discovered me; and have never even hinted that I do. I will say when a neighbor visits me and if I cannot visit them yet due to not discovering them... I send them a message thanking them and letting them know I cannot return the favor until I discover their city.

I consider myself a good neighbor; I visit every single neighbor who visits me, I click on whatever they have requested, I trade with neighbors (after FS members) before posting goods, and I even communicate with my neighbors if they have visited me and I can't return the favor yet. And just an FYI... I have visited every single one of my neighbors at some point in time; if I am running low on coin due to a large cost (upgrading usually) I will go visit my neighbors if the need is there.

I just think it's silly to call someone a bad neighbor when they don't visit every single person on their map every day. I give you permission to not visit me if we ever become neighbors; I won't think any less of you because I know this is a game and feel people should play for enjoyment rather than be forced to play to how others think they should.

DeletedUser6219

I doubt I have more free time. But I only have one city.

If I only had one city then yeah hypothetically I could easily visit all my neighbors every day. I actually like visiting other cities; gives me ideas on placement etc...but just do not have the time. I enjoy having multiple cities though because it lets me interact easily with a bunch of different people. Now if only they would update the chat system......................a whole different subject.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think there's a difference between saying it encourages bad neighbors and calling someone a bad neighbor. The game suffers from lack of interaction. Giving us fewer reasons to visit more than the minimum people makes that worse, effectively encouraging insular behavior.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
4. If you are going to take the time to visit someone...be respectful and honor their wishes; otherwise the reason for your visit is selfish...just to help yourself and not to help them; so which is it... you are being a good neighbor because you like helping others..or you are being selfish to help yourself. You are not helping me if you click my MH... I don't NEED coin... I need help with culture and my builder. So don't "Boo Hoo" me and tell me to appreciate your selfish behavior when you always click on my MH. FYI When I say "you" I mean general YOU not you; mucksterme. Just don't act like you are doing me (or your neighbor) a favor by visiting and randomly clicking on items ignoring what your neighbor has said they need help with.. you're not helping me.. you're helping yourself.

I will say I enoy your complete disregard of irony.

DeletedUser2768

but you see most of my bad neighbors value quantity over quality and just click the MH because it allows them to be in and out in 2 seconds so they can visit 100+ people a day.

That may not always be the case. For me, with my fellowship AND some of my neighbors, it can take almost 5 minutes for a single city to load for me to see where everything is and help the requested whatever. I don't have time for that, so I'll visit, click the hands while the city is loading, randomly click on whatever I can help, and move on to the next city. I timed it the other day, and doing "speed assists" (what you're commenting on), it still took me 45 minutes to visit all my neighbors, many of them being coin mines.

DeletedUser7370

most of my bad neighbors value quantity over quality
I already do 100+ visits a day between my FS members and the neighbors who visit me. If I were to visit EVERY neighbor that would be closer to 800 visits a day.
My rough math says that is 6 cities. Quantity over quality? I provide quality assistance to my FS and my neighbors, but I only have 1 city. I think the same logic applies to having multiple cities as it does to doing too much in one city. You did also state that you enjoy having and running multiple cities. I might suggest that at some point you will start thinking differently about how many cities you are running and want to select some to abandon.

For me, with my fellowship AND some of my neighbors, it can take almost 5 minutes for a single city to load for me to see where everything is and help the requested whatever.
I would suggest switching browsers. I used Firefox until I got hit with the bug that kills Elvenar on Firefox and it was slow. I ended up spending most of a day to get Chromium (I disliked giving Google more access to my computer, hence Chromium instead of Chrome) and fully set it up. I use it solely for Elvenar. It loads every city in seconds.

Risen Malchiah

You did also state that you enjoy having and running multiple cities. I might suggest that at some point you will start thinking differently about how many cities you are running and want to select some to abandon.
I have 2 cities and I once considered making a third but now that I'm in Woodelves in both, I'm reallly glad I didn't. You simply can't devote quality time to all your cities if you have too many, especially if you push ahead in the tournament every single week. And with FA becoming a regular thing, I wouldn't want more than 2 cities tops.

As it is, with 2 cities, doing regular visits gets quite tedious. I can't imagine doing visits on 5, 6 or 7 cities as some people do.

DeletedUser7370

4. If you are going to take the time to visit someone...be respectful and honor their wishes;
I feel the same way and have complained to people on occasion. I do make an exception about it. The exception is that a person that does not have any specified preferences has no expectation for a particular thing from anyone else, and therefore I should have no expectation of a particular thing from them. Basically it is a contrapositive view of the rule of reciprocity upon which your number 4 is based.

something is lacking in your city.... coin, supplies, goods.
If something is not lacking your city then your are not running at the most efficient edge possible. It is a difference in priorities. I put obtaining KP very high and constantly spend coins to obtain them, whereas some people have said they would only spend coins on KP when an event demanded buying KP. My supplies often overflow because I want to make sure my barracks can run constantly; the excess becomes goods, and I delay leveling my workshops. My goods build up because I don't use them to negotiate and only minimally cater, as a result I minimize my factories.

Please understand that everyone builds a different city based on different priorities. Some of your statements tend to imply that if someone is not making a city just like yours then they are not doing it right. I think you did not intend that implication.

DeletedUser2768

I would suggest switching browsers. I used Firefox until I got hit with the bug that kills Elvenar on Firefox and it was slow. I ended up spending most of a day to get Chromium (I disliked giving Google more access to my computer, hence Chromium instead of Chrome) and fully set it up. I use it solely for Elvenar. It loads every city in seconds.

As Ted said, try a different browser.
Also turn off atmospherics, that did wonders for me.

Tried different browsers, didn't really help. Turned off atmospherics and that helped a little. What helped the most was cutting back to two cities since I play with multiple tabs open at once.

DeletedUser9601

This is a disappointing change. I can see why developers might want it, since CL is one of the few ways players can "grind" for more resources. I can click through my 100+ neighbors in less than 15 minutes, so I can see how folks really advanced could get even more juice out of this AW.
I will likely be selling my CL if this goes live. An ancient wonder that gives 2.1K (I currently get 73 goods/click - in Fairies and past the GZ), unless you're guaranteed all T3 goods, just doesn't seem like a good use of 24 city squares (and the KP needed to upgrade it).

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I will likely be selling my CL if this goes live. An ancient wonder that gives 2.1K (I currently get 73 goods/click - in Fairies and past the GZ), unless you're guaranteed all T3 goods, just doesn't seem like a good use of 24 city squares (and the KP needed to upgrade it).

I get over 200 per visit, so this is going to royally screw me. Just like when they changed the GA and my population bottomed out.
Add the fact that they seem uninterested in fixing the Blooming Trader, I am fast becoming one of those "why bother" people.

DeletedUser3468

Yeah, not happy about this. First they changed it to make it better (I still remember when I was only getting 7 goods per visit) now they want to make it less worthwhile again? Not only will I be reluctant to visit neighbors who haven't visited me, (unless I'm really desperate for coins) but it will also make visiting those Fellowship members who rarely, if ever visit me much more irritating.