• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Population and goods production

DeletedUser

Hi all,
Forgive this long post, please, but I'm trying to figure out a couple of things. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

I play in both Arendyll and Wynyandor (one human, one elven). I have been playing them both for nearly the same amount of time, so they are fairly equal in growth. Same # of residences, workshops, levels of building, relics, etc. But my population in Arendyll is 2788 while in Wynyandor it's only 13. Is it just the differences in human vs elven worlds-- diff costs for production, upgrading, etc? How do I increase population in Wynyandor in a more productive way? Do I necessarily NEED to have more residences, for instance?
Second problem is that in Wynandor my first level goods are apalling slow to increase. I have more relics for them than in Arendyll, but can never seem to have more than 2-3k, while in Arendyll I have more than 10k of each.. I do the same type of trading in both worlds, but I often have to buy first level goods in order to have enough.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser61

Here's what I would examine:
  • Elven buildings tend to be larger, so an equal number of buildings will need more workers.
  • Production buildings should be evaluated on a "per square" basis.
    Marble buildings, for example, have a much smaller footprint than Steel buildings.
Once you're done there isn't much difference, but the shape and look of your cities will be very different, as will be the breakpoints.

DeletedUser

Here's what I would examine:
  • Elven buildings tend to be larger, so an equal number of buildings will need more workers.
  • Production buildings should be evaluated on a "per square" basis.
    Marble buildings, for example, have a much smaller footprint than Steel buildings.
Once you're done there isn't much difference, but the shape and look of your cities will be very different, as will be the breakpoints.

Ok, so I probably need to have more residences to increase population? And more of the smaller footprint factories than larger?

DeletedUser1161

Once you get to the second residence upgrade that lets you go to lvl 15, elven houses are smaller and have a lot fewer elves than human houses.

And yes, you definitely need more small footprint factories. In my elven city, I have six 2x3 planks factories (24 grid squares) and I'm considering making another. On my human city, I think three of the bigger steel factories is going to be enough.

DeletedUser

Once you get to the second residence upgrade that lets you go to lvl 15, elven houses are smaller and have a lot fewer elves than human houses.

And yes, you definitely need more small footprint factories. In my elven city, I have six 2x3 planks factories (24 grid squares) and I'm considering making another. On my human city, I think three of the bigger steel factories is going to be enough.

Thanks for the tips! My residences are at level 15, only a few KP left to reach next level. I have marble boosted, so yeah, small footprint. I have 6 now between level 13-15, think I may need one more soon.