• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

population and supplies

Taryn Krows

Hi everyone,
Just curious about population. Is the only way to increase population by residences. What about when you get to level 7 and it says do research, but you don't know what to do.
Also on supplies--Is the only way to increase supplies by workhouses? Just curious in case there is some other way. thanks!

AtaguS

Hi Taryn Krows,
1) You can win buildings in the events that will give extra population. Look on https://elvengems.com to get a good idea of what upcoming event prizes to save up your candies for.

2) You can also build the Golden Abyss Ancient Wonder if/when you unlock the tech for it in your tech tree. I highly recommed building that and upgrading it as much as possible. It gives lots of extra population and is only 3x3 in size.

3) The same as above goes for supplies, there are event buildings and Ancient Wonders as you progress through your tree that will help you with extra supplies.

4) Another way to get supplies is to build up a good visiting alliance with your neighbors and well as join a fellowship. You will recieve extra supplies each time you help a neighbor who has already helped you. By "help" I just mean clicking on the hand icon at the bottom of a city and choosing either Culture, main house of builder...it is free for you and you get coins for doing it.

5) "Doing Research" just means you haven't unlocked the necessary tech in your tech tree. Visit the book icon and begin to add KP to the appropriate area...the game will only allow you to upgrade things to a certain point, and then you must wait until you have reached a new chapter in your tech tree. It's a good idea to get familiar with your tech tree so you know where you are headed in the game.
Hope that wasn't too much info for you all at once.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
AtaguS' post has a lot of great options worth considering. And I agree that for someone new (and not so new), events are a good way to add population and supplies. When deciding which buildings to put in your city for extra population, always consider the "population per square of space" before you put it down. When I was in level one, I put down a bowl of nuts building that took up 15 squares and gave a relatively little population boost per square. It's not easy to upgrade buildings from level one, so for me it was best to get rid of that building and find ones that gave me more population per square. Same with supplies. Space will always be an issue in this game, so make sure that per square, you are squeezing all the mileage you can get out of your space. Later on in the game, upgrades will come easier. Until then, play the events to win lots of great prizes that will increase your supplies and pop. Best of luck to you.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Elvenar Rule #1: The only thing that is truly limited is space. Every decision comes down to space in the end.