• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Population and Upgrading

• Thread starter DeletedUser23219
  • Start date

DeletedUser23219

I am in Fairies and find that I need 919 population to upgrade my scrolls manufacturing. That's way, way more than I can upgrade residences to. Not only that, but in another city I have at the same level I only need 523 population for the same upgrade. How can I reduce the number of people needed? Most all of my buildings are upgraded to max level, including main hall.

Kekune

You can't make the upgrade require less population, but you can get more of it. I can't look at your city right now so I'm taking a shot in the dark:

(1) if you have any unboosted factories, sell them and rely on trade.
(2) do you have very old event buildings that are no longer efficient? Can you replace them?
(3) is your city really efficiently laid out? Extra roads due to inefficient layout take up a ton of space, and it's a very common problem. Rearrange to save space, then build houses.
(4) if you've got a golden abyss work on upgrading that.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Population on scrolls in the same chapter... or any goods factory of the same type at the same chapter/level should have the same upgrade costs. I believe costs can vary by the good, however. There are some good charts that you can look at on the gems of elvenar site as well as other tutorial sites that members have created. I'm not sure about the info on the Wiki site because I've heard that some people have found errors. I stick to gems because it seems the most up to date, but you can google it. I remember Crazy Wizard having a site but I don't know if it is still maintained.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@cricketbluebow
Unless you are asking about alt accounts, I only see one of your cities that is in Fairies (Human-Ceravyn). Your only other scroll boosted city is in Woodelves (Elf-Khelonaar). Your other 3 cities are all in Orcs or Woodelves. You may be inadvertently comparing apples and oranges ;)
There are differences in both the space required as well as population and other costs between Human and Elven cities for these factories. The smaller factories require fewer resources and have a smaller production. Scrolls factories become the same size in both city types once you reach Sorcerer's and Dragons. When that happens, your Human scroll factories will require much more population (and other resources) to upgrade to chapter level than your Elven scroll factories at the same level (because your Elven scrolls are larger at that point to start with).
There's an overview table in the Wiki for all factories showing the breakdown of all these sizes/resources/etc. The following link will take you to the one for scrolls factories. It starts at the Elven table but you can scroll down to get to the Human table. Sometimes these pages load with the information collapsed; if you find that to be the case, just click on 'Expand' in the upper right corner of the table:
Scrolls Factory Overview

DeletedUser23219

@cricketbluebow
Unless you are asking about alt accounts, I only see one of your cities that is in Fairies (Human-Ceravyn). Your only other scroll boosted city is in Woodelves (Elf-Khelonaar). Your other 3 cities are all in Orcs or Woodelves. You may be inadvertently comparing apples and oranges ;)
There are differences in both the space required as well as population and other costs between Human and Elven cities for these factories. The smaller factories require fewer resources and have a smaller production. Scrolls factories become the same size in both city types once you reach Sorcerer's and Dragons. When that happens, your Human scroll factories will require much more population (and other resources) to upgrade to chapter level than your Elven scroll factories at the same level (because your Elven scrolls are larger at that point to start with).
There's an overview table in the Wiki for all factories showing the breakdown of all these sizes/resources/etc. The following link will take you to the one for scrolls factories. It starts at the Elven table but you can scroll down to get to the Human table. Sometimes these pages load with the information collapsed; if you find that to be the case, just click on 'Expand' in the upper right corner of the table:
Scrolls Factory Overview
I have a second account under a different name, that's what I am comparing. I am not comparing the cities you mentioned. Thank you for the information. I thought it required so many people because of something I had not done right, like not upgraded my main hall first.

HJK84

You can lower the amount of Population and Culture required to build and upgrade buildings.
The Golden Abyss & Mountain Halls lower the % of required Population depending on working Population.
The Martial Monastery/Sanctuary & Watchtower Ruins, gives you a % of Culture, depending on your required Culture.

Example:
Planks Manufactory lvl 27 to 28, requires; 850 Culture & 3587 Population.
You have a Golden Abyss at level 26, gives 13.5% Population.
You have a Mountain Halls at level 26, gives 13.5% Population.

The math comes out to; 3587 - 27% = 2618 Population. When you start the build, if you look at the # that come up right when you build, you'll see 2618.
The same math can be done for Culture.

Hope this helps ;)

Kekune

You can lower the amount of Population and Culture required to build and upgrade buildings.
The Golden Abyss & Mountain Halls lower the % of required Population depending on working Population.
I don't think this is quite right. The AWs don't reduce the required population by a percentage, they provide population based on buildings you've already built. If you don't have the population required to place a building, you can't build it, which means the GA and MH can't take effect for it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think this is quite right. The AWs don't reduce the required population by a percentage, they provide population based on buildings you've already built. If you don't have the population required to place a building, you can't build it, which means the GA and MH can't take effect for it.
They can if you upgrade them. Upgrading your golden abyss takes no space or culture and gets you extra available population.

Kekune

They can if you upgrade them. Upgrading your golden abyss takes no space or culture and gets you extra available population.
I suggested in my first comment that the OP upgrade his abyss to gain population.

The post I was replying to seemed to suggest the wonder reduces the required population on an unbuilt building, which isn't true. It costs 15 pop to place a lvl 1 human workshop. In my dwarven city, the pop of my abyss increases by 1 after I place the workshop. So ultimately, I "lose" 14 pop to build the workshop, but if I only had 14 to start with I wouldn't have been able to place the building.

In the end, that's rarely gonna matter and it's always good to upgrade a GA. :)