• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Population/Culture Hybrid Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser7370
  • Start date

DeletedUser7370

Many people have asked for some calculations regarding how good these buildings are. I put together a spreadsheet that helps to calculate when any such building can be replaced. As I see it, the life span of these buildings is the only true way to calculate how valuable they are. You can enter the data for a building based on its values and then skip through different chapters to evaluate when it makes more sense to replace it with residences and regular culture buildings. Some example data is provided.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rwFIJoIuldkH4Gvn96iswH7Bum-aL873VHnTaFCklpA/edit?usp=sharing

It seems google sheets does not know how to properly handle one of the functions. I may replace that with a different method in the future, but for now simply save the spreadsheet on your own computer and use Excel or Open Office. I decided to report the bug to Google.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9474

Many people have asked for some calculations regarding how good these buildings are. I put together a spreadsheet that helps to calculate when any such building can be replaced. As I see it, the life span of these buildings is the only true way to calculate how valuable they are. You can enter the data for a building based on its values and then skip through different chapters to evaluate when it makes more sense to replace it with residences and regular culture buildings. Some example data is provided.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rwFIJoIuldkH4Gvn96iswH7Bum-aL873VHnTaFCklpA/edit?usp=sharing

It seems google sheets does not know how to properly handle one of the functions. I may replace that with a different method in the future, but for now simply save the spreadsheet on your own computer and use Excel or Open Office. I decided to report the bug to Google.
I too am working on a spreadsheet. I'll look at yours in a minute but has anyone noticed that the level 20 elf residences is actually a big step backward, worse than two levels below it on a population per square basis.

Level 18 2X4 Plus 40 Pop, 510 Total Pop, 64/Sq

Level 20 4X3, Plus 200 Pop, 750 Total Pop, 63/Sq

Wonder why such a huge downgrade?