• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Post Apocalypse Adventure - Wheel of Inefficiency

Qilin rui

Hi All,

This is my first Adventure & first Wiki post.

Our FS is definitely an FS that doesn't track down to the tee who will make what. Or what path we will take until we take it. And yes, I will have over 300+ badges left over when my first Adventure ends. I'll have a virtual Apocalyptic Wasteland of treasures strewn behind me as I leave my first Elvenar Adventure.

My solution to this environmental catastrophe.

MAD ASIDE: And just because it's virtual waste doesn't mean it isn't real. Think of all those compute cycles burning up energy in server farms across our one and only planet Earth. And for watt? When all it takes is a little recycling to convert our shameful inefficiency of left over badges into rewards.

What should we call it? I bet there are others out there way more creative than I. Feel free to post your naming epiphanies here. Here are some starters.

The Wheel of Inefficiency
Badges of Dishonor
Save the Elvenar

Oh, those are so BAD.

So, this recycling Wheel of Inefficiency, whatever, this Inefficiency wheel could convert our FS's inefficiency into prizes. The inefficient adventurer could choose how many of their left over items of a particular type to place on the wheel, and the wheel could show several items that the member might win. Each winnable item could be assigned a percent for winning. The rewards could be higher if the spinner recycles lots of elegant statues on The Wheel of Inefficiency than if they recycled just a few of the easy to get items.

Anyway that's my idea.

This thread is now open for comment, criticism, and I hope some much added improvement to the idea by those that have been playing much longer than I.

Cheers,
Qilin rui

Alpha Lyrae

I don't hate this idea because my FS does plan to a T and I still end up with extra badges as part of my daily play (hello, coin sacks). But...

1. Your FS could and should probably plan better. Inno isn't likely to change the game for this reason. There is even a free spreadsheet shared every FA by one of the members here for those not inclined to create their own. (I'll link it later if I can find it.)
2. I think this is exactly what the bottomless pit is for.

Alpha Lyrae

You can find the spreadsheet by going to the link within the comment below. @Jackluyt shares this every FA.

Happy Monday!
Wishing you all a wonderful week!!
2764.png
2764.png

Enjoy the Fellowship Adventures!!
Here is all the core information (including a spreadsheet), which you are welcome to share with friends and fellowship:
https://tinyurl.com/u4w85q5

89853126_10216116147317066_8207741966478213120_n.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't hate this idea because my FS does plan to a T and I still end up with extra badges as part of my daily play (hello, coin sacks). But...

1. Your FS could and should probably plan better. Inno isn't likely to change the game for this reason. There is even a free spreadsheet shared every FA by one of the members here for those not inclined to create their own. (I'll link it later if I can find it.)
I would like the bottomless pit better if you could throw ALL badges in there, and get a certain amount of credit per badge, rather than the way it is now. It would feel like less of a waste, or maybe even no waste at all.

defiantoneks

I would like the bottomless pit better if you could throw ALL badges in there, and get a certain amount of credit per badge, rather than the way it is now. It would feel like less of a waste, or maybe even no waste at all.

i do like this. therefore if your badges are truly extras, fina & dandy, toss em in. Sack of coins? 5 pts. Elegant Statue? 20 pts. (or whatever). If you deliberately want to spend effort to make high point badges just for the pit, you get rewarded for that.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
i do like this. therefore if your badges are truly extras, fina & dandy, toss em in. Sack of coins? 5 pts. Elegant Statue? 20 pts. (or whatever). If you deliberately want to spend effort to make high point badges just for the pit, you get rewarded for that.
I agree!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Maybe look at it the other way around.
The Wonder, Coin, and Elvarian ( i think its called ) badges aren't really something you work for. They are badges that mostly just happen during normal game play.
So instead of thinking of them as wasted at the end, think of them as easy bonuses Inno gave to help you through the map.
Now as for the other badges. If you have a lot of them left over that just goes down to poor planning. And your FS should evaluate that after each FA and figure out how to do better next time.

defiantoneks

i disagree that it's necessarily poor planning. i run across enchantments, then go ahead and match up a trade to complete witch hats and such. either way, you could address those by applying the same principle as coin and troop badges: offer a lower individual point gain in the pit for them.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
i disagree that it's necessarily poor planning. i run across enchantments, then go ahead and match up a trade to complete witch hats and such. either way, you could address those by applying the same principle as coin and troop badges: offer a lower individual point gain in the pit for them.

Well, I admit the enchantment badges are a sort of middle ground between the other two groups. They take a little more effort than the Wonder - Coin badges. And they are a bit harder to plan out than the workshop and factory badges. And for many of us the spells are just not that important to our game.

AtaguS

It would be nice, but doubtful a big enough impact on participation to get through to the devs...just guessing. I have a giant stack of coin, guard and spell badges that'll just disappear when this is all over. But I also have a stack of coins, trained troops and spells to show for them when this is all over.
The badges the pit takes require space from my city for level 1 worshops or factories, they bring nothing of note to my city once the FA is over other than the fun of getting to start growing again. I appreciate the pit for that reason. When all is said and done, I can still dump those badges and get something out of them.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
As nice as this may be, I do not see the developers welcoming this idea. Not to mention, I can see this being exploited.

Xelenia

Last edited:

Daiman Rahl

I would like this idea of throwing all remaining badges into a pit for points. But lets carry this further. you collect say 3000 badge points and you are rewarded with 200 points.
Why 200 points instead of 50? simple, the pit is usually for the higher level Fs for ranking points and 200 points might make a difference in positioning. SURE NO ONE IS GOING TO GET PAST THE #1 ON MOST SERVERS. BUT THOSE FURTHER DOWN MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO MOVE UP.
Sorry Cap lock, LOL
I would love to see more competition for spots and the amount of planning would also increase.
Do you go to the pit early and throw Statues and Blacksmith's at the pit for a faster reward or do you play all three courses and then try the pit for extra's.
This would make it more interesting in the end.
Just my thought.
The pit would also mean more as a name this way too.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I would like this idea of throwing all remaining badges into a pit for points. But lets carry this further. you collect say 3000 badge points and you are rewarded with 200 points.

Even better!
How about making the Pit incremental?
The more Pits you do, the more points they each give!!

The last day of the FA can be a bit boring; this would add spice to it!!
:):)

Qilin rui

Actually, no it isn't.

Hi Darielle,

Actually, you are correct. I had first posted something similar as a reply under another post and about five minutes later, copied my content and then deleted my reply after I decided this idea needed its own thread. At least I hope it's deleted, or maybe there's something else out there you found.

Then I decided to rewrite my post and expand, adding the name challenge, and fleshing out the idea more.

Qilin

Qilin rui

Hi Alpha,

Yea, I found the Google spreadsheet too. Shared it with our FS but they seem to like to keep things simple. The FS chats with each other and decides which path to take after chatting. Not very efficient as using the spreadsheet and planning ahead, but simpler in my opinion.

But our FS way definitely leads to more wasted efforts and wasted badges.

Personally I like the spreadsheet idea, probably because I tend to be detail oriented. But that's not how the first active FS I've joined is oriented. The Ahooga FS is more oriented towards new Elvenar players, teaching and helping the new players (of which I am one) and each other and above all having fun in Elvenar. Which is fine for me for now.

Yes, you're right, Inno isn't likely to change the game unless there's a lot of demand for something like this or any of the other ideas floating in the Idea Forum of Abyss; floating out there with the ghosts of our unused badges of past.

So, for those who don't like having worked hard for badges that ghosted into the Ghost Abyss of Gone, make some NOISE. Post your changes and improvements to this idea here, or create a new thread with your idea.

Qilin

Crow Last Elf

I'm all in favour of finding a use for "wasted badges". I'm relatively new to the game, but I suggest you consider the mod's comment that...

"As nice as this may be, I do not see the developers welcoming this idea. Not to mention, I can see this being exploited."

I would guess that your suggestion focuses on more rewards, not on teamwork or ranking points, which seems to be the focus of the FA. Many players appreciate a puzzle to solve or the need to strategize to earn prizes.

Also, in the guidelines for Suggestions and Improvements, they ask that you try to address the question: "Does it bring added value? "

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I'm all in favour of finding a use for "wasted badges". I'm relatively new to the game, but I suggest you consider the mod's comment that...

"As nice as this may be, I do not see the developers welcoming this idea. Not to mention, I can see this being exploited."

I would guess that your suggestion focuses on more rewards, not on teamwork or ranking points, which seems to be the focus of the FA. Many players appreciate a puzzle to solve or the need to strategize to earn prizes.

Also, in the guidelines for Suggestions and Improvements, they ask that you try to address the question: "Does it bring added value? "

Welcome to the game and to the forum. And thank you for reading the guidelines I have placed. With that said, I am achieving this thread.