• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Post Chapter Squad size Upgrades

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Do optional Squad Size upgrades ever become mandatory later, or is that only squad-type techs (dryads, etc)?

If they do, and require something that is only stored in the portal (by only, I mean the ones that have a limited quantity you can store that is based on the portal level), if I stockpile them before moving on will they be available to me? i.e., about to leave fairies. If I leave some Ambrosia and Night Essence piled up, will I be able to upgrade if I have to, or will the items stored in limited quantities in the portal be lost and I'll ahve to build again?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
So far they have not made them squad size upgrades mandatory, (probably because as you say some need guest race goods). But yes, if you build up extra guest race goods before you move on to the next race, them goods are there to use later. You just can't see them after you delete the portal and move on to the guest race. I know this as I built up extra guest race goods for roads and upgraded the roads after I had deleted the portal and got a fair way through the next race in the tec tree.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There are 2 SS techs that can be skipped in orcs, so you may want to stockpile 200 wisdom shrooms and 1250 loot for those before the end of chapter 8 in case they ever do become mandatory or if you decide to change your playstyle.

DeletedUser8187

Is there an advantage to not researching the squad size increases?? I thought the bigger the squad the easier the fights.

It would be nice if I didn't have to research the upgrades for my non-boosted goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is there an advantage to not researching the squad size increases?? I thought the bigger the squad the easier the fights.
If you are fighting in the provinces after you scout, then you want every squad size you can get. If you are negotiating in the provinces and want to fight in the tourney, then keeping your squad size smaller also keeps the enemy squads smaller and the negotiating down (in the tourney only, because negotiating in the provinces is strictly determined by your scouting costs.)

Not taking optional squad sizes gives you a few more KP to get through the rest of the chapters a little faster.

DeletedUser8187

Thanks. I was using my troops in both until I got down to less than 1 squad, then negotiated. Once I get my goods back up I'll try that.:cool:

DeletedUser3507

2017-08-09.png

Squad size 2229