• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Post your screenshots of horrible battle layouts

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Got this one last week. With the boosts I had running, the enemies should have been beaten fairly easily on auto-fight. I lost two times before I loaded in one troop to look at the terrain. And yes, there is exactly one access point to the enemy side of the field.

Screenshot (73).png

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Straight up Frogs on that map, hit them as they funnel through. The enemy units will not get 1 hit in on manual, and. on auto with frogs you should still make out like a bandit. Hell even crapy cannoneers/mortars should get the same results

Edit: in case you didnt know, using a faster unit would be better then using dogs to scout a map. dogs are one of the last units to move and if the map was open there might have been a chance to take damage from the enemies before you could exit. Rangers are great map scouting units

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Got this one last week. With the boosts I had running, the enemies should have been beaten fairly easily with light melee on auto-fight. I lost two times before I loaded in one troop to look at the terrain. And yes, there is exactly one access point to the enemy side of the field. I won the fight using light ranged, which would have not survived in more open terrain.

View attachment 11687

Oh good grief! That IS awful.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Had the one with mages with only space to move, they need two to reach tha back of the board for first strike. So the Sorceresses could just hammer us

The Unbeliever

Got this one last week. With the boosts I had running, the enemies should have been beaten fairly easily on auto-fight. I lost two times before I loaded in one troop to look at the terrain. And yes, there is exactly one access point to the enemy side of the field.

View attachment 11687
And THIS is why Elvenar's so-called "battle system" is nothing more than a giant dumpster fire. :p

If we had competent devs who understood that 2+2=4, we wouldn't this kind of atrocious garbage...
Even the absolute worst Fire Emblem maps aren't this game-breakingly stupid. :rolleyes:

The Unbeliever

Maybe. Take those maps and use auto-fight and see how dumb the AI is with your troops. lol
I've had plenty of maps like that an on auto-fight honestly, and they're pretty much AI-proof...

I basically never touch melee units anymore, simply because I was getting far too many auto fights where they should have won handily, only to be wiped out.
When I go in with just 1x LR to see why the system screwed up an obvious win, I see that kind of fethed up terrain and then hit it with 5x Priest/Blossoms turn the room blue with extremely colourful comments about the sheer brain-dead stupidity of Elvenar devs. :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't think anyone has ever tried to document all the terrain possibilities, or at least none of the Elvenar-related sites I know of have them posted. But because of the limited size of the combat area, the number of variations will be limited too, so if I have the time next week, I may just take a screen shot of every layout I get and see just how "random" they really are.

Raccon

View attachment 11703
This one favored Heavy Melee... Well, I mean, in theory.
I used 5 mortars for many maps like this and won every one of them at no loss with the exception of encounters that the enemy had priests, mist walkers (on the open side i.e positions 4 and 5) or mortar/frog. But even then, I replaced one mortar with a priest or Xbowman and won with only 1% losses to my troops ;)
However, it would be much uglier outcome if my mortars were below 3* or I had to fight without fire phoenix and the sanctury!
Screenshot (11).png

Last edited: