• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Posterity Tower or Blooming Trader Guild?

Deleted User - 3932582

From what you say, I surmise that I'll eventually need a BTG, but until I get to those later chapters when PPs don't work, I don't need it.
You won't need BTG at any point in time. Just like most of the things in this game. But later on BTG can be handy in order to get rid of guest races faster. Whether or not it is something that is of interest to you - or if it's worth the investment - is your call. You can always just spend longer in these chapters. But the same can be said about PT or most of the other buildings.

I did put up PT quite late, probably chapter 12 or later as it didn't give me anything I couldn't get by other means. BTG I put up even before the Orcs. But that was pre-PP era, so BTG was the only way to speed up the chapters, and I cared about that.

Right now, at that stage, I probably wouldn't build either one.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Except PPs have no impact on the uncapped goods, and in the later chapters you have to produce these. BTG is the only option to boost intermediate goods.

True, but is 2-3 weeks faster in chapter 16-17 worth it? especially if going past chapter 15 is regressive?
and still PP works in those chapters as well, just not for all goods but it does for most.

chapter 6-14 you can do with just PP and a portal. chapter 15 needs a little bit of uncapped but can be done for 90% or so with PP, chapter 16 for 50% and the new chapter not really a clue how much it does save you.

How does that compare to BTG?
How much does that add compared to PP, does it really matter? does it really make that much of an impact?
It's a wonder that adds a small penalty to each tower and spire 365 days a year.

But when you reach that stage where it might make "some impact" we are talking about a stage where it only benefits you a little at some time. and then does nothing for you beyond that. at that points it becomes only a liability.

Deleted User - 3932582

How does that compare to BTG?
How much does that add compared to PP, does it really matter? does it really make that much of an impact?
It's a wonder that adds a small penalty to each tower and spire 365 days a year.
That's why I said that everyone can make their own call on that. I still keep my L6 BTG. Small penalty doesn't do anything for me as for the setups that I am playing I still have weekly troop surplus. On the other hand, I appreciate any time I can save on rushing through guest races, especially considering that sometimes alternative way of doing the same with time boosts is either unavailable (not all productions can be boosted) or very inefficient (many small producers).

Arkadia

I am 100% Magic Workshops and still kept my PT.... hey it's supply w/no pop! ;)
ok, its only at level 11....the poor thing is a bit neglected, but it makes my PoP spells last forever

as for the Bee..... yeah, thats a good one! for the longest time i didnt care for it much, even before the a PPs were introduced....I kept it in my city at level 6 or 7 i think, cause I looooove Bees :):):) .....but when u hit chapter 17.... :oops: oh boy the longest frkn production times.... i finally gave in and upgraded it. It gives me 20 extra shrimp per hour in the Large ships! :p

But with all considered, it depends on what u want, how much space u have or willing to provide for each and every thing :)

Good luck!

maeter75

Old thread but I went with the Blooming Trader, lvl 16 currently. I find it really useful in terms of the boost to guest race goods. Also the increased wholesale goods really helps me get rid of excess coins due to selling buildings etc. Also in a pinch you can use it to trade in the wholesaler for Sentinel goods. With the goods bonus, it has really helped me.

I did not go with the properity tower, I am never short of supplies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Old thread but I went with the Blooming Trader, lvl 16 currently. I find it really useful in terms of the boost to guest race goods. Also the increased wholesale goods really helps me get rid of excess coins due to selling buildings etc. Also in a pinch you can use it to trade in the wholesaler for Sentinel goods. With the goods bonus, it has really helped me.

I did not go with the properity tower, I am never short of supplies.
Judging by your tournament score you should gain a lot of PoP spells each week.
If you had a level 16 PT instead of a level 16 blooming trader your supplies production would increase by 30% meaning you could ditch 3 workshops freeing up 3 expansions plus all of their support buildings (pop& culture)
Add in the 3% of storage bonus every time you click on the PT (3h production) and if you're fairly active you could easily drop another workshop.

All told the PT at level 16 could save you somewhere around 6 expansions.

The downside would be losing the reduced prices in the wholesaler, but IMO excess supplies & coins are better spent on KP & Brown bear boosts anyways.

Just something to consider. That bigass bee always looked pretty cool so there's that as well :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My chapter 18 city has a level 11 Prosperity Towers and a level 19, about to be level 20, Blooming Traders Guild. I would not give either one up. And especially not the Bee, as it really pays for itself in chapters 15+. Yes, it is one AW that you can wait for a while to build, if you prefer, but the boost to guest race goods in the end chapters it too big a deal to not have one at all.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the boost to guest race goods in the end chapters it too big a deal to not have one at all.
LoL, I forgot that the bee even did that.
Still in the "either/or" scenario, I'd take the 6 free expansions that I could use for settlements, FAs or even decoration over the Bee which helps only during guest race phases and does nothing between. Now if you let me teleport that guy....

The Unbeliever

Hmmm...
Considering how the Bee shares the same footprint size as the Mt.Halls IIRC, it seems like it's an easy one to swap out once you finish 'not-Hobbits' and move into Elementals?

I've been told at least, that especially by Egypt-Cat-People chapter, the overall need for T1-3 all but goes away for the most part, so the Mt.Halls simply becomes a very large pop-booster at that point...
Why not put those same AW levels into the Bee, especially for helping to grind through the soul-crushing agony that is Ch's 15, 16 and 17?!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
LoL, I forgot that the bee even did that.
Still in the "either/or" scenario, I'd take the 6 free expansions that I could use for settlements, FAs or even decoration over the Bee which helps only during guest race phases and does nothing between. Now if you let me teleport that guy....

6 expansions? The Bee is a 3x7, so takes up less than one expansion worth of squares.

@The Unbeliever Mountain Halls is bigger than the Bee, at 3x8. My Beta city is now in chapter 14 and I never built the Halls there and rarely had any issues with either boosted normal goods or population.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
The choice depends a lot on how you play.
I chose to build the PT when I unlocked it as it helps me a lot with supplies: I get enough blue spells to use them daily on all my ws, and the PT then makes me get by with less WS as @SoggyShorts mentioned.
I rarely use the wholesaler / don't need to buy trades with fee, so that part of the Bee is worthless for me. I didn't need the guest race part in chapter 8-14 as I could have used portal profits if I wanted to instead (I choose to mainly play the guest races in my big city). But I built the Bee in chapter 14 since I expects chapter 15+ to take a lot longer, and they also demands e.g. sentient goods in chapter 15 to make the guest race goods. So I want the help from the Bee in later chapters, partly to make them a little faster, partly to save sentient goods, which also helps saving seeds.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I love both, but Prosperity Towers was useful to me earlier than the Blooming was. In fact, I had blooming and sold it in Chapter 6 (? Can't remember now), because it wasn't doing enough for me. The Prosperity has been my workhorse for many chapters now ... I couldn't live without it. But I rebuilt Blooming in chapter twelve and I really, really love it now, because I have so many excess coins and supplies (the supplies thanks to prosperity) that I am often purchasing from the wholesaler. That blooming really comes in handy for that.

The Unbeliever

6 expansions? The Bee is a 3x7, so takes up less than one expansion worth of squares.

@The Unbeliever Mountain Halls is bigger than the Bee, at 3x8. My Beta city is now in chapter 14 and I never built the Halls there and rarely had any issues with either boosted normal goods or population.
Mt.Halls might have been worthwhile a couple years ago, but those nifty little sets like the Fall Harvest Temple and Carnival + newest Sorcerer's sets pretty much make it obsolete...

I'm tempted to just kill my Mt.Halls and replace it, since I don't typically turn on the enhanced graphics anyways, thus I don't keep the background art that the Halls provide. :p

maeter75

Mt.Halls might have been worthwhile a couple years ago, but those nifty little sets like the Fall Harvest Temple and Carnival + newest Sorcerer's sets pretty much make it obsolete...

I'm tempted to just kill my Mt.Halls and replace it, since I don't typically turn on the enhanced graphics anyways, thus I don't keep the background art that the Halls provide. :p

Yeah I am wondering about Mountain Hall too, I typically have a lot of T1-3 Goods .
That being said my Mountain Hall is lvl 31 and grants me 72,000 population + 168% goods boost so that would be hard to give up.