• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Power hungry?

Tosyda

I play primarily on mobile. Lately, the past couple of weeks, I seem to be going through my battery charge like crazy. anyone else noticed this? It would likely help if there was a way to reduce some of the animations and effects during longer periods of gameplay.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I thought there would be a sordid tale of archmage drama in here with that thread title. I even brought the nuclear popcorn with enough to share. Damn. It's about mobile issues. I have been experiencing increased mobile issues for the past 3 weeks now. It's annoying enough that I am limiting myself from having to use it so I haven't been on enough to notice the battery issue.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
Don't know how to help you @Tosyda. II am using my old faithful laptop to play. I actually don't even have WI-FI on my phone. The honest reason though is I'm an old hippie and my eyesight sux. :D Hahahaha

000000000peace-.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There is a way to lower the graphic setting on PC, but I don't know if it's possible on mobile.

Huor

Inno has/had this problem with RoC. Caused a lot of over heating on certain devices. The recent release seems to have fixed it. Hopefully the next update will fix elvena for you. This was posted yesterday from someone having the issue

"So far the phone heating issue seems to be resolved: played long enough that before update would have taken about 15% of my battery and it only took 1%, and my hands are still cold. I’m pretty happy with this update so far for that alone Just need to get some mittens instead of relying on RoC now"

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Lady

I’ve noticed the battery drain on both my iPad & my Samsung Tab S6. Thought at first it was due to age, but after a little testing, yep it’s Elvenar.

Tosyda

Thanks for your answers. I have played for almost 4 years now and I hope this is not the reason I have to give it up.

Tosyda

Support tells me that if the graphic settings are lowered on my browser that will also affect my mobile play. Also (for other iOS players) I am going to use dark screen on my mobile as this it seems also reduces drain on my batteries.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I got my 5yr old grandson's iPad this Christmas when he got a new model; before that I was on an older iPhone for mobile. I did notice the battery depleted severely when I did a bunch of tourney at once on the iPad, but figured it was the age. Also, it's still in the rugged case he had, so I can't tell if it's overheating. I use an otter case on my iPhone, so overheating would be hard to determine there as well.
Support tells me that if the graphic settings are lowered on my browser that will also affect my mobile play.
@Astram Can you check on this for us?
I usually play on browser and I always keep my browser settings at low graphics. The extra screen activity annoys me. On both the iPhone and the iPad, the buildings are all animated and there are people walking the streets. I also vaguely remember hearing that the graphics on mobile are device-dependent. If the device itself can handle the graphics, they're there. If it can't, they're not. But, I don't know that for sure.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Astram Can you check on this for us?
I usually play on browser and I always keep my browser settings at low graphics. The extra screen activity annoys me. On both the iPhone and the iPad, the buildings are all animated and there are people walking the streets. I also vaguely remember hearing that the graphics on mobile are device-dependent. If the device itself can handle the graphics, they're there. If it can't, they're not. But, I don't know that for sure.
I join @samidodamage’s camp. Have my settings on low for browser but buildings are still animated on mobile. However, I don’t see people walking in my streets on mobile. It’s FA time. There are miles of streets to amble through shantytowns with.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My main play option is my laptop. I do use my phone when I am away from the house. The game is absolutely terrible on battery usage for my phone. However my phone is very old and only has 2MB of RAM. It barely runs the game and is pretty much being pushed hard constantly when I play on mobile. I suspect a newer phone with a better processor and more memory would not be pushed as hard to run the game and might get better battery life.

Valtitude

Okay, I'm not a tech newbie.
Is RoC an Apple thing or ...? Battery use affected, obviously. Page swapping?
Have noticed a big battery drain on my Android phone and I stop background apps as a matter of course.
I have a year old Dell laptop that should not be heating up by playing Elvenar, but it is. To the point, the computer is very - no extremely - hot to the touch. nVidia and AMC graphics cards. Would expect this with an interactive battle game of some sort, not a browser game.
Anyone with HW info with regard to Elvenar, info would be greatly appreciated. tyvm

BrinDarby

The biggest hogg here, is the fact that mobile or PC......
players cannot fully turn off all annimations.....

depending on the skill of the coder, annimations can
use way more memory/CPU, coding dependant.

The Drops for Events are not annimated, so we know
static icons can be displayed. Why us players are NOT
allowed to turn off ALL animations, is beyond me.....
totally illogical......

Tosyda

Things have improved somewhat with
1 checking on browser that what I could decrease in effects was( it had been all along)
2 turning down the brightness of my iPad screen
3 putting the iPad on dark mode
4 Reducing the time my iPad stays awake when idle.

StarLoad

There was an issue related to the iSO update 16.0 from Apple over the last weeks, that may be responsible for battery drain and heating, but not on android devices. This was an Apple issue and not an INNO issue, And from my testing, the Browser settings do not affect the Mobile devices as too the animations.

Ed